Briggs is slowly dying

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Codex561

Briggs is dying evidence below:
    [IMG]
    And fast forward today!
    [IMG]

What can we observe from the first graph? Population were almost equal, TR had a very slight overpop and that the total population exceeded 1000 with ease.

What can we observe from the second graph? NC got a large overpop, populations are not balanced, VS is dying out, and the total population is around 800.

What can we conclude? Many things, but mainly the fact that in a year; Briggs lost more than 200 players than joinned. So it gives us the fact that if 400 new players joinned, 600 left. All that in a distance of a year.

So it is fair to say that Briggs will lose 200 more players next year. NOPE! Players will get bored due to low population so more will leave and less will join. 400 players will be lost! So 400 players on 4 continents...
    Oh my! Thats 100 players per continent.

There are around 10 front lines so that makes 10 people PER FIGHT!

So 5 vs 5 death match!

Solution? Merge Briggs with Waterson. Both of em are not in healthy condition!
  2. doombro

I hope you're fine with playing with 300+ ping. Because we're sure as hell not playing with that.
    • Up x 2
  3. Akeita

Australia is a continent itself... Therefore it's not possible to merge with anything. Asia maybe
  4. Codex561

?
  5. Codex561

Yea..... but Briggs still needs a merge with something
  6. AMARDA

To be fair, TROL died and thus a huge portion of their guys stopped playing, compounded by the small population of the Australia/New Zealand area and lack of awareness.
  7. LibertyRevolution

Briggs total max pop for the month is 700 players, and the average max pop is closer to 500 players.

Unless a high percentage of those players are subscribers, I can't see how it is worth it to SOE to even keep that server running..

Maybe they can merge you with Ceres. :rolleyes:
  8. GoyoElGringo

That sucks man. Briggs merging with Waterson is a bad idea, especially since they could just merge waterson with another east coast server and not make everyone there play with Australians(ping would be awful). Looks like your only option is to move to the USA. It's not a bad option though, having an Aussie accent would get you so much tail.
  9. AMARDA

Actually, it would be unfair for the American players. We would have high ping and thus the way lag works we would be really nasty to fight against.
  10. Shubniggurath

11. gigastar

Ceres isnt much worse off than any of the other EU servers.

At least not last i checked. Alot of people flipped tables last week, myself included.
  12. SKYeXile

Yea cool idea, we will use the cable through the central core of the earth that links the US east coast with the Australian East coast.

Seriously, even playing on US west at 200ping planetside 2 isnt the best, the TTK is too high and the netcode hit detection isn't perfect. those 600 players will go down to 0 pretty fast if the AU server is merged with a US server.