1. Riddlley

I hope Hossin stays dark.
  2. MajiinBuu

Problem? Perfect visibility at night is far from a problem :D
  3. Inex

I'd love to see screenshots of all these florescent nights. Maybe I've just missed the 'raver party' checkbox in the video options?
  4. Tommyp2006

I personally just don't enjoy fighting at night. The mass amounts of tracers flying through the air is cool every once in a while, but after 1200 hours in the game I just get tired of straining to see my opponents.
  5. RIctavius

Listening intently to radio, telling everyone to shut up to hear for footsteps - then; the god awesome fire-fight breaks out and all hell is out of the bag.
  6. RIctavius

Buy nightvision with SC - auto unlock for all your weapons then you can equip and fight accordingly.

That is if they do give us N.V goggles, then we wouldn't have to keep ADSing to check infront of us.
  7. Tommyp2006

already have NV and thermals on every weapon in the game, doesn't matter, I can't walk around with the sights up all the time. I just don't like dark FPS games that much.
  8. Chubzdoomer

I like night! It provides a nice change of pace and gives you a bit of an edge outdoors if you equip NV optics and your foes don't.
  9. Pikachu

Complicated stuff. :S
  10. iller

haha, I didn't mean for it to be ... I probably should have tried to explain it more in artistic terms than technical.

In that way: it's supposed to just be another set of tools designed to create a contrast between the "Edges" and borders of objects that are easy on the eyes. A lot like the pictures in your sig but with a lot less Fog in the 50m-299m range. But instead, they've just got this Glaring blue eerie light that bleeds all over every inch of the surface muting their edges instead of emphasizing them
  11. Pikachu

You got to take some screenshot of it and show.
  12. VonStalin

I can't play at night, it hurts my eyes and it is not fun.
    • Up x 1
  13. phreec

The same reason I'm against darker nights; there's no fun in being forced to choose between HS/NV or dying. Especially not if you're playing on Medium Graphics.
    • Up x 1
  14. Inex

Try upping the brightness a tad during the "night" hours. Too much and it washes out of course, but I was fooling around with the setting earlier and found that it can actually mitigate the darkness a fair bit.
  15. FatherVanu

This sad excuse for night isn't hard to see in and it is relatively easy to see Vanu at night most Vanu aren't as good as you may think most Vanu dodge in and out of the shadows just be completely aware of your surroundings shoot at anything you aren't 100% sure is a friendly this helps at night but in a game this big this skill also helps any time.
  16. VonStalin

it is annoying to change brightness every time
    • Up x 1
  17. Pikachu

About dark nights, you know part of the darkness on Indar nights comes from the fog. I don't think turning up brightness does gives much advantage. Indar SE has no noticeable fog during day time but it increases vastly during nighttime. The high altitude of that terrain "takes away" most of the fog though since fog density is thicker the lower you go. Esamir fog disappears during night time, and Amerish never has any noticeable fog.
  18. Inex

Well, admittedly the best option it just to move to another continent. That's why they set up the alternating day night on Indar/Esamir vs. Amerish.

I don't usually bother as more often that not it isn't that I can't play, it's just annoying as hell.
  19. Pikachu

Another alternative is if you have a character on a different server you might have day there because different servers have different time zones I just discovered. It was midnight on Ceres Indar but morning on Cobalt Indar when I tested today. o_O In fact even the difference between the continents seems to differ between servers. On one server the sun/moon on Indar and Amerish might be 45 deg on the compass away from each other, while on another server it's 120 deg between them
  20. RyanGUK

This was night during BETA:

And you're complaining it's too dark? Give it a rest. It needs to be darker, much darker.

Also, ways to combat a super dark night? Put coloured lights (think shoulder lights) on every infantry character. Theres your dumbed down gameplay to help your blind squadmates.
    • Up x 1