KNIFE?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BlueSeventy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Defaceo

SOE rendering another tool in the game useless. Seriously. Instead of adding more melee weapons you destroy what we have.
    You could have added a sword that is slower but hits harder and slower than the knife with a little more range as a quick melee too.
    • Up x 1
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

[IMG]

"silly" crap? did you forget the silly crap that's already in the game? valentines camo, crossbows firing pink hearts, holiday vehicles horns, purple/comic/shiny camo, snowball launchers.... seriously the game couldn't get sillier than this

Max closequarter weapons (hammer, sword, chainsaw) would actually add a new dimension of combat to the game. all in all i'm looking forward to more melee weapon variety for infantry classes in the upcoming months. hopefully the devs won't listen to your feedback
    • Up x 7
  3. Kriegson

Melee for MAXes would actually be quite interesting...scatmax no longer reigns supreme (But still has some damn good options) though I'm worried about what a ZoE max might accomplish with a decent player diving into a group of enemies...
  4. DeadliestMoon

I hope they don't listen to the feedback of a guy who barely gets out of his tank. Don't ever make suggestions when it comes to infantry combat.
  5. -Synapse-

What an assumption. . .
  6. Desann

The first game had equip knife feature, this game should too. Knifing is completely A#@$U@#*(%($@#%ing retarted in video games. I HATE it in COD and i HATE it in any game. What is the point of armor if a little blade can slash you and kill you?

The first game's knifes had 2 modes: normal and active. Each faction had different technology to make their melee kills stronger:

TR: had the chainblade
    NC: had the mag cutter
    VS: had the force blade<-- i think that's what it was called.

When you right clicked with your knife, it activated the ability and also produced a distinct sound. Enemies could hear this sound, but it gave you more damage. Combine that with the melee damage implant and you could literally knife people in 1 hit, unless they had a REXO suit if i'm not mistaken, that took 2 hits.

Video games have given knifing too much power and it is flat out annoying. Knifes are deadly when used with PRECISION not when slashing randomly. Last I checked, every character in this game is wearing BODY ARMOR so a slashing knife should do 0 damage unless to the face/neck. But an equipable knife system implies that your character is using technique and precision to place the strikes, so yes it should do more damage.

I 100% support this change to PS2 and hope that it will be synergized with the implant system(melee implant). This would be alot of fun with a cloaker suit, since you get up close and personal anyway.
    • Up x 4
  7. Desann

You know how many times I have been in a point blank gunfight and the enemy literally walks through my character and knifes me magically from nowhere.

Its LAME.

ALSO knifing needs better hitboxing damage. If I get knifed in the FOOT it should not take 75% of my health...PERIOD!!!
    • Up x 3
  8. RenegadeHelios

I kind of like it. It allows a bit of a twitch reaction in CQC or a little sidestyle of gameplay with cloak/knife.

Stabby stabby.
    • Up x 2
  9. NoctD

WOW. JUST WOW.

I'm not even the one that's knifing others in the game. This is just. WOW. :eek:
  10. BlueSeventy

Judging by your accuracy it seems like you would have an easier time hitting with a knife.
  11. ShinBreaker

I keybinded my quick knife button onto Alt, Q, middle mouse(up/down/scroll), 1(on my razer naga), and Tab, and I practiced everyday to perfect the knife+pistol combo. I guess this is for the better. Sneak attacks for the infiltrator is going to be a tad-bit harder now that I can't do the combo. I do have one request. Make knifing more lethal when attacking from their backside. There is no damage output right now since they are still testing it. So lets hope for the best of this weapon
    • Up x 1
  12. A3ianess

I think we should have both options: Hotkey knife and Knife slot.
    • Up x 3
  13. Tentakewls

The same thing it accomplishes now, dying faster.
  14. Kriegson

Idk, if you flank people with something to shoot tunnel vision is pretty contagious.
  15. kaolla

you forgot making the stalker lot less efficient in the combo. well we will have to see, can't be as bad as the "enlarge your cert" spam
  16. Goodkat

The cure to tunnel vision is a pink glowing giant disco lobster slapping you. If you can't see that...
  17. Kriegson

Doesn't matter if it's the last thing you see! BWAHAHAHA
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Koldorn

Stalker cloaked yellowjacket NC Infiltrator in the corner says: "Bzzzzzzzzzzz!"

While I will actually miss being able to run around a tower going 3-round, knife! for points; I'm curious enough to see how the new mechanics work before making a judgement call.
  19. John_Aitc

Does tapping B look at all like a jerking motion? I think the game needs to provide the tea bag weenies something new.
    I love shooting people while they are doing that.
  20. AdmiralArcher

lol, all the poor infils

if the Heavy shield was the IWIN button for the heavy class, the commie+knife combo was the IWIN button for the infil, im glad its gone

as for MAX units with melee weapons?

HOLY ****** BALLS ****NING HOLY **** YES!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!

NOW WHERE IS MY 2 METER CHAINSAW!!!!???