Why do NC/TR Reflex Sights Suck?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragon Exile, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

Yo.

I want you to look at at these pictures I took from the internet in five seconds:

[IMG]

(The Vanu Reflex sight)

Absolutely perfect; clear, precise, easy to use, sexy.

Now look at these;

[IMG]

(The Terran Reflex sight)

Thick, ugly, obtrusive, useless.

[IMG]

Thick, ugly, obtrusive, slightly less useless.

Now my question; why are the Vanu sights so obvious better in every way? I'm not being a fanboy here; in my experience, the Vanu sights are quite simply vastly superior as sights when compared to their NC/TR equivalents. While this may seem like a small issue, it allows for much easier target acquisition and tracking of targets, and is less annoying in my opinion.

What's your thought on this? Will this ever be addressed?
    • Up x 2
  2. -Synapse-

The VS sight there is a 1x, right? The other two are 2x, so it would make sense they'd be a bit more crowded as far a screenspace goes. As far as I remember the VS 2x reflex has a bunch of little tick marks to either side of the dot that block out some of what you see similar to what the housings do on the other two.
    • Up x 1
  3. Stigma

Not an issue in my book - as all of those sights to me are pretty open and non-obtrusive. They seem worse when you crop them so closely in the picture. All in all I don't find any of them overly obtrusive. The vanu one surely is the least one, that much is true. Its a hologram basically and thus has no frame - but I surely never felt gimped using TR or NC sights.

But that's just my opinion. There are far more serious issues to tackle when it comes to balance than this IMO.

-Stigma
  4. Paragon Exile

The NC and VS sights are 1x, and the TR one is 2x, but it's nearly identical to the 1x physically.
  5. Phazaar

I hate the NC+TR reflex sights. They're beyond worthless with comparison.
  6. KnightCole

I use the NC and TR x1 and x2. I do just fine with them. The TR Sights I think suck worse. Esp once we start talking about the TR 3.4 and 4-6x scopes. They have such thick, obtrusive, obnoxious and wide frames that the scope part is narrow...cant see crap in them. Then toss on the High TR H-recoil jitter and those scopes become all but useless really.
  7. Paragon Exile

All the high magnification scopes suck though, it's not the exclusive domain of the TR. :D
  8. JorgeSarcos

Yeah but the Vanu ones have a bigger red dot which is annoying, and the 2x has a lot of triangles on the side.
  9. KnightCole

Theirs are just the worst....
  10. Paragon Exile

All three have the same sized dot, it just looks bigger because there's no nearby reference structure.
  11. Unclematos7

• Up x 1
  12. Lakora

One those aren't proper Reflex Sights as everyone know, secondly the TR n NC ones are based on current real life versions of Reflex Sights.

http://tinyurl.com/oaf45fj (Couldn't bother picking out a single one)

Reason why they're so unusable tho is the fact that the entire screen zooms in, not just what's inside the Reflex Sight. So easiest way to fix it... Give proper reflex sights and scope mechanics!
    • Up x 1
  13. AdmiralArcher

yeah i have never really liked the TR 1x, the 2x isnt that bad but the 1x is too bulbous, and the NC have the Trueshot 4x scope which is the best 4x scope in the game
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

Reaver cabin view...
    and about VS scope - you can lose the dot, by looking at bright areas
  15. TheBloodEagle

Are you asking for the red dot to be floating in the air without any visual indication that there's some kind of attachment holding it there?

To add on...SOE really needs to improve the optic choices & functions. BF3/4 is 10x better. Makes me feel like we're still at some arcade-ish level.

[IMG]
  16. Paragon Exile

Pretty much, that's what makes the VS sight so vastly superior.
  17. kadney

There have been a dozen of threads about this, several nice pictures that show which scopes are good which are bad. They float around the forum since months. (Nearly years.)
    I have some hope that they might fix them with the balance pass in april. ( I have a lot of faith for that one.. please, just don't mess it up guys..)
  18. TheBloodEagle

Probably not a big deal to you and although I without a doubt want better optics, I think the floating optics VS have, should stay VS. I prefer the game to have distinct faction aesthetics.
  19. Being@RT

I knew the non-overlay scopes are terrible because they wobble around the screen as you aim. I had no idea they're so badly misaligned even when you don't.
  20. Nocturnal7x

The dots are too big, all of them.