[Suggestion] Poss Inf Suitslots

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by LordDethir, Mar 30, 2014.

1. LordDethir

Ok so before I go onto a suggestion page I wanted to give INFs some time to think about this/ give me their own ideas. The Suitslots go in this order: EMP, JAMMER, And Shadow Suitslots.

I guess I'll Start with the EMP suitslot. The EMP suitslot gives infiltrators a new ability to create a EMP-field around themselves(10 meters MAX rank) that has the infantry effects as an emp, but not the anti-deployable effects. This effect can be turned on or off, but even when off infiltrators suffer from half their cloak being cut off. For stalker cloak, its normal, but you lose your ability to regenerate nanites while cloaked. It instead lasts 10-20 seconds, with the other stages of cloaking shorter. When active, the infiltrator loses his shield, and cannot cloak. This would be a beast at CQC, But you would still die fast to enemies from afar.

The next is JAMMER. What the JAMMER suit slot does is it (at the first rank) blocks you from all radar when still.
    The Next rank is crouch walking, and the next rank is walking. The Final rank, however, Will create false signatures on the radar if the radar source is within 10-20 meters.

The Shadow suitslot does two things: 1, It increases all cloaks by 1.5* their original cloak. It also decreases your visability by .9 of the original state. This would be nice for stalker cloak, But can do well with the other cloaks.

So any other ideas people have? Criticisms? Then please, Do post your thoughts on this thread! Thanks for reading this.
  2. Cromell

I like the Jammer idea. Really feels like something an Infiltrator would do - stealth and deception.

Other two, not so much. EMP feels like too much hassle compared to just having EMP nade in the pocket, and Shadow wouldn't really serve much purpose for infil crowd, I think.

Then again, I mostly run ammo belt and grenade bandolier in my Infil loadouts.... :p
  3. LordDethir

Hmmm... I would say that depends. That reduction could save you when fighting higher graphic enemies. But why do you say that? This Would be so I can make the suitslots better, more balanced, etc.
  4. K2k4

+1 for jammer suit. It would be nice if the slot would protect us from scout radar and other vehicle radars. It would quickly become a little overpowered vs radar darts if they made it allow that kind of function. Imagine a NS weapon+silencer+jammer suit, nobody would be able to find you unless they were in fact a bat and were used to echolocation.

Shadow cloak sounds nice, but knowing SOE they wouldn't put it in because it could quickly become overpowered if infiltrators were difficult to see. They'd rather have it so that sometimes our cloak gives us away while at the same time taking away our offensive capability. They did wait about 8 months to make it so that we weren't completely obvious on low graphics settings, but we're still easy to see on high graphics settings. Most of us (self included) would like to leave it that way for fear that SOE would 'fix' cloak to be as easy to see on high as it is on low when we really just want cloak to make us invisible as intended and have people need to find us using radar darts or dark light like it should be.

EMP cloak seems a little on the overpowered side, and also no suit slot items right now have an activation. I would think a suit like this would serve as more of a utility capacity, such as a shield diffuser cloak. No suit slots as of right now have a damage or disruption capacity either. I just can't see it as feasible given the current game mechanics.
    • Up x 1