1000 certs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by death to vanu, Mar 28, 2014.

1. death to vanu

I am wondering what i should get for 1000 certs or less. I am NC if that would help, and i am also looking towards the CQC areas.
    PS: if you suggest an s model weapon, can you also include attachments.
  2. Killerdude8

Do you have the Razor yet?
    If you don't, You should probably Cert into that.
  3. KiwiChieftaiNZ

Any SMG, NS-7 PDW, AF-4 Cyclone or the Blitz GD-10 Because they go onto All Classes and all of them are good choices.
  4. death to vanu

any shot guns you suggest, i am interested in those
  5. RenegadeHelios

If you're a guy who is in very close CQC (<8m or so) go for the heavy pump shotgun. (Blackjack, Bruiser, Deimos) Both pumps work well, but the heavy pump almost guarantees a kill if hit in the torso save for it a heavy is overshielded. Light pumps (Uppercut, Claw, Phobos) are also a good choice if you find yourself overrun by 3-4 targets at a time, and the time in-between shots is crucial.

If you have problems aiming, the autoshotty would be the next best choice. (Barrage, Piston, Pandora) Point and click but is most hampered by range and damage per shot. You'll run out of ammo quickly.

The three shotguns that were made available to all - Thanatos, Nighthawk, Mauler - are pretty decent choices to start with, for all intents and purposes. Use those for a while. If you find yourself missing more often than hitting, go for an autoshotty. If you're hitting all your shots, go for a pump to minimize your TTK.

High Capacity shotguns are far less useful in general combat due to the higher TTK, but they do work as a support role in a form of battle rifle with slugs. The Thanatos is technically a high capacity but seems like it's a general shotty.
  6. Nanomorph

Don't spend certs on weapons.

Spend certs on certable upgrades.

If you want a shotgun, check your second loadout slot and you will find a free one there already.

Don't buy guns for certs when you can buy them for SC - which will make them transfer to any account you make in the future.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cromell

A good secondary - in your case Underboss, Commisioner and Desperado - are also something to consider.

That being said, you may want to spend those certs on class upgrades. The default arsenal is already very good so unless you feel bored with your choice of weapons you should stick with them for a while.

Look at it that way: almost every weapon in the game is a sidegrade. They are far more specialized in certain roles, or, have better choice of attachement (Which cost further certs), but are not upgrades. Ability and Suit slot upgrades however will directly influence your efficiency and power on the battlefield.
  8. cruczi

As a light assault, I would get drifter jets to the second last level, Nanoweave to the second last level (alternatively, ASC fully upgraded or Flak to the second last), two levels of medkits OR both bricks of C4, and only then think about upgrading the weapon. The standard semi auto shotgun is godly, use it with extended mags. The standard carbine is quite good as well on all factions.
  9. Trollakhiin

I'd get the Blitz. I bought it with certs too and it's a very nice SMG.

And if you get bored of playing as a LA, you can use that gun for other classes too.
  10. Tommyp2006

Make sure you have C4 fully certed. Put a level or two into med kits. Make sure your jump jets are maxed. Get your suit slot to at least the second to the last level. Then worry about shiny new weapons, the defaults are fine for most situations.