Remind me again why ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Merakov, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Trilateral

The **** are you talking about? Do you even play this class?
  2. ironeddie

An infiltrator with c4 or an AT mine would be OP. Because both weapons install kill tanks. Maybe if AT mines didn't blow up tanks but just did a lot of damage it wouldn't be OP. But I don't see it happening.

Few weeks back me and mate were stalking a column of tanks shelling a base. We were picking off the guys who got out to repair their tank and such. We commented at the time just how amazing a spectacle it would be if we could both move through planting c4 on each tank and then blow them all up at the same moment.
  3. NaySayer

You also have to take into account that cloaking does not make you 100% invisible. I am good at spotting cloakers that are moving around without thermal. I've had many tells from infies saying im hacking, I shouldn't have seen them because they were cloaked.
  4. Trilateral

This.
    fogert about c4/mines. There's a squishy little fella in there somewhere and guess wat he's gonna come crawling out and do a little dance for u real soon. Stalker cloak + commish + knife and you've got a jelly ****** donut for his ***
  5. ironeddie

fun as that is I suppose you could argue that we miss out on the extra xp for destroying the vehicle by playing infiltrator. All other classes have some way to hurt a vehicle.

Though perhaps that is not a reason to give us infils c4 or AT mines but let us hack tanks.
  6. Merakov

Like I said earlier we can already do this stuff but we need an Engi or LA to come with us and a certed flash for stealth.I just dont want to spend 5 min in chat persuading people to come with me to destroy the sundy.
    I can still give my stealth mechanic to an Engi and LA though a flash the downside to this is I get a "Thanks" or "wp" an assist at best where as the Engi or LA gets 400+ exp
    Like someone else said stealth is not 100% invisability you can still be spotted ,also theres the radar thing .or better yet the AV mine Protectors that reduce dmg taken from mines.Thats enough counter messures for us to be able to carry the Mines instead of carrying the guy that carries the mines
  7. iller

Personal Spawn beacons fix this... assuming you always have a friend who doesn't mind being the only other person in a 2man squad (and thus is forced to constantly change their closest respawn location b/c SOE fails hard at adding Check-Boxes to the options menu)
  8. TorigomaSET

Infil with Tank Mine/C4 would be so OP it would not even be funny. Radar would be basically be required on any Vehicle. I can not begin to count the times I've been able to sneak up close to a tank even without Stalker cloak. There just would be no/very little defense against it.
  9. dudethe82

Give the infiltrator C4 and tank mines. What risk does a tank have when he encounters an infiltrator now? Dont give me this crossbow rambo/valentine's day gimmick. Vehicles absolutely murder infantry. People just think it c4/tank mines would be OP but its never been tested. Once again, I dont know what it is with the people in this class, but the loudest voices of the infiltrator class always refuse anything beneficial and argue against a boost to the class to "keep us hardcore" while everyone else gets more and more candy and we get left further and further behind. An LA can basically fly around silently and c4 the **** out of vehicles, those tanks have to fear SOMETHING from us.....don't even get me started on aircraft...
  10. Rift23

Even if it took half an hour, made a sound like a foghorn and painted a giant arrow in the sky pointing at us while we did it, clueless "Tankers" would run to the forums and scream about it and rage at anyone who suggested proximity radar/moving (the same stuff for dealing with light assaults).
  11. Merakov

Again that "OP" excuse you people just see something and copy/paste it.Right now I can get a flash ,spend 5 min in chat to convince a Engi or LA to come with me to blow up tanks and sundies but why do I need to spend 5 min in chat to just to defend a base.I also have sneaked on countless tanks and sundies but there are countless times were if I pass 20 meters near a tank I get spoted and killed because I cant do anything to something that is 10 times as fast as me and can oneshot me even if not a direct hit
    Also there are enough counters to mines and c4
    -Protectors for C4/AV mine
    -Radar
    -Cloak is not absolute invis
    -Cloak produces sounds (Hello im gonna blow you up now, oh wait I forgot you can turn around and oneshot me ...)
    -Constant movement from the tanks
  12. CuteBeaver

The game can take two directions:

1) Everyone does everything equally but slightly differently?

OR

2) You get to specialize in doing something better then others can.

That is the concept behind the idea of classes. Currently in Planetside 2, this entire concept is slightly broken. The designers have the idea behind classes from first appearance, but there is so much overlap, and so little specialty, that we tend to blur the lines between superior effectiveness versus sub par option... For example what class is actually better at taking out enemy armor? An engineer , a HA? or a LA? Its all based on situation. LA would be wonderful for taking out enemy tanks surrounding a watchtower. A HA would be a good choice to use for peaking with a rocket launcher or making ranged attempts across open, coverless ground. Where a engineer could sneak over with AV mines blow up anything he desires w/o fearing of running out of explosives before he can finish the job. The engineer can also use their AV turret from an opportunistic location to do the job cheaply as well. Similarly infiltrators were restricted to hacking enemy turrets, and using lower grade explosives like proxy mines.

I think the problem stems not from the fact we can't harm vehicles so much, that we can't hide from them under certain circumstances. The result: We feel like a free kill, and in many cases are.

I am perfectly fine with not being a major threat to vehicles so long as the class continues to be pushed towards a more specialized stealth and sabotage role. I would like to see more objects to hack, more tweaks made to emphasize and reward ambush and flanking. For example the Heavy Assault shield changes are coming soon, which will directly influence the viability of Stalker Cloak in CQC. I'd like to see other classes get new toys we can destroy with our EMP's further increasing our own value in a group.

SOE tried to please everyone by providing you some low - grade solutions like the crossbow's explosive bolts. Giving C4 to the medic was a really bad idea IMO, it should have been restricted to classes who were MEANT to actually destroy vehicles. I wish support classes did not have C4 at all, and yes this includes infiltrators and engineers. (Honestly I use tank mines on my engineer 99% of the time. I wouldn't miss it.) That is just my own take on this whole issue, and I am sure others would disagree and for very valid reasons.
  13. DrankTHEKoolaid

If you want to blow up vehicles, go to a terminal and switch classes. This isn't an MMORPG, you can switch classes whenever you want. Every class doesn't need the ability to blow up vehicles. Some sort of vehicle hacking, I'd be in favor of, but definitely not C4.
  14. Tentakewls

Then do that
    You don't. You can switch classes and kill the tank or pull your own tank and kill the tank or pull an ESF and kill the tank or pull a Lib and kill the tank or redeploy.
    Infiltrators are not getting C4 or Tank mines, ever.
  15. Skeith

if you ever want to give infs anti tank mines or C4 that has to be limited to the stalkertrators

Stalker infiltrators right now are very lacking with the amount of stuff they can do since hacking wasnt touched at all in the update and the lack of terminals isnt even helping

leaving anti vehicles explosives only to the stalkers would be fine imo, it worked alright in the first planetside and it can work ok even in the second one.