Skygaurd needs a BUFF...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vokker, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Vokker

Maybe this is the reason for you not understanding the fault with the Skygaurd. Pull it more often and see for yourself.
  2. teks

Spend more time with the skyguard then you did with the spelling of the title ;)

Your 1 skyguard should not beat 4-5 coordinated reavers. That is not the fault of the gun. That is the fault of you. You were outskilled by a team. You went solo against 5 times the enemy force and lost. I'm gonna take a wild guess that each one of those reavers had far more skill and playtime then you as well.

Also, upgrade your lightning. try using stealth if you want to be rambo.
    • Up x 2
  3. Juho

Skyguards are already way too powerful because I die to them when I try to lolpod their lightnings and don't notice it has skyguard
  4. teks

Yeah. Whats with that? Every talented esf has this deathwish where they will insist on lolpodding me. A skyguard. Heck ill take the lolpodding to the face just to make sure i get the kill. Pretty much Lolpodding a skyguard from a typical engagement range is garunteed suicide
    • Up x 1
  5. Vokker

(Sigh. Kids of today cannot seem to think past their noses.)

It never even occurred to him that English MIGHT be my second language? So I'm entitled to mistakes.
  6. teks

I saw about the same effort put forth in spelling as you put in the thought process behind the original post. Its kind of silly to say a weapon is weak because you cant kill 5 esfs with it alone isnt it? i worded my comment lightly. After you improperly said it 50 times without anyone correcting you i considered it the proper and polite thing to do.
    When someone clearly cant spell something right you correct them. Im sorry i offended you by correcting you. I tried to give it a winky to show my intention.

Kids these days and their proper grammer...
  7. Vokker

Yeah. I think that you wanted to be a **** but disguised it with a smiley. ;)

Also... Keep in mind that NOT every one wants your help.
  8. teks

Probably true. Im getting sick of all of the skyguard need a buff threads. They have been around for a year straight and no matter how many times the weapon is buffed they continue.
    If you do not want help using the skyguard Then why are you posting?
    The problem isnt the weapons balance.

If you want to solo skyguard invest into racer, stealth, and fire suppression. Stealth will help keep esfs from ganging up on you, and racer will let you get to better places and run from other tanks. Try to be sneaky. Use cover as much as possible and only shoot esfs you think you can kill. If that esf survives his friends will probably help out and you will probably die.

There are other builds for team play but teamwork doesnt seem to be your thing.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ganjis

I have taken on 5 ESF at once an won with one escaping. 2 seemed coordinated, then three more arrived uncoordinated before I killed the first. The last to arrive turned tail right away and escaped. Most, if not all had rocketpods and this was before nosegun nerf when noseguns did decent DOT.

If those guys had been coordinated I would have stood no chance (I was amazed to survive, let alone get four kills). If they were five uncoordinated skilled-to-ace pilots I would have died killing one or two of them.

Skyguard-ESF balance has been fine since skyguard got its current magazine. Libs seem possibly a problem, may need tweaking.
  10. Mostadio

Oh lord. Another "I should be able to solo an entire faction's air force because my vehicle is dedicated AA" thread. If you're by yourself, either pick your battles or call up some friends. Stack AA. It's OP when stacked. Never rely on the zerg to help you. They don't care. Basically, do what this game is all about: coordinate and work together or get obliterated by those coordinating and working together.
    • Up x 1