[PTS] Major change to knife mechanics.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by FCAvenger, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Aegie

So wow, sorry, I mean WOW.
  2. Kronic

Good change (coming from someone with knife auraxium).
    • Up x 2
  3. Astriania

Good change, insta-knifing makes no sense, particularly if you do it from a primary or the crossbow when both your hands are in use. It will affect a particular playstyle but those people are intelligent enough to adapt.
    • Up x 1
  4. Paperlamp

I love the quick knife personally, cuts through(teehee) the overly high TTK in the game and rewards you for getting in close.

Also makes less CQC capable weapons a little less painful to be caught in close with.

I think it promotes thoughtful play and finesse. Knife has a considerable downside in that if it doesn't kill, there's a delay before you swap back to your weapon. I've died plenty of times to heavies and high nano thinking I'd be putting enough damage w/knife to finish them and probably lost when I could've won by holding down the fire trigger instead.
  5. Sledgecrushr

According to the road map the quick knife is here to stay. What I think is going to happen is the quick knife is going to get nerfed and equippable melee will be as strong as quick knife is now.

Also I want the dual sword and pistol for light assault and infiltrators as well.
    • Up x 2
  6. Brandmon

Looking forward to it.

With such a mechanic melee will actually feel like TENNO HEIKA BANZAI!

Which in the end is the point of melee weapons in any FPS game
  7. DeadliestMoon

So you have a ****** internet connection, but you instead, blame the game. GG
  8. Zotamedu

Does this mean that the TR gets a proper chain sword? I would approve of that. Also, does this mean that they are fixing the hit detection of the knife? Because currently, it is a bit of a lottery if you hit or not which is kind of annoying.
    • Up x 4
  9. DeadliestMoon

Actually the original point of having a knife in FPS was to provide an absolutely last ditch effort to kill someone. Like when you run out of bullets for your primary and secondary. Or if you feel ballsy, then it'll be an interesting and challenging play-style if you choose to go that route. I don't mind having a knife be equippable, but don't take out quick knifing or make it worst just to fit this in.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cyno

I better be able to ohk someone from behind with the knife, and there better be a front knife animation like bf4, with a counter key.
    there also needs to be a quick melee key, does 500 damage and you beat the person with your gun.
    • Up x 1
  11. SharpeShooter

this is the biggest pile of horse **** I have ever heard! COME ON soe really?
  12. SharpeShooter

No one was asking for this! NO ONE!
  13. Cinnamon

Come on. We all know that they are trying this because they want to sell one hit kill blades in the cash shop and not because of any major problems with current gameplay.
  14. Brandmon

To be frank if SOE is going to sell me a Hammer/Nanite-Katana/Chainsaw, I'll blindly give them my Smedbucks/Certs either way.
    • Up x 6
  15. Sovereign533

I quite like the idea of removing the quick knife. It opens the possibility to different melee weapons being implemented.
    (I'd love the option to get a bayonet as a barrel attachment for weapons)
    • Up x 4
  16. Cinnamon

Yeah then people will get sick of infiltrators running around with w+lmb and racking up tons of kills then your purchase will be over nerfed or something.
  17. OldMaster80

Then I wonder why this on the roadmap has almost 100 likes and only 15 dislikes :D

Personally I'm up for this just because the quick knife mechanic is bad and the animation quite ugly. If they keep going for the PS1 we will hardly see any 1HK weapon in the game, we're likely to see something the "double-modes" weapons like the chainblade, the energy-blade and so on.

This is all cool stuff and btw if you manage to get so close to kill anyone with the quick knife this implementation won't change a buck in your gameplay so why bother? ;)
    • Up x 3
  18. Brandmon

Well a whole year after SMGs were released, I am still running around as an infiltrator.

Racking up tons of kills.
    • Up x 2
  19. VogonPoetMaster

I liked the instaknife, even though I almost never used it.
  20. Cinnamon

Just depends on what the sheep on reddit start campaigning for I guess.