Yet Another Liberator Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Airazor

Yeah same! Open fields and no place to hide hahah exposure at its best! I can smell the death already :) haha see you on the digital battlefield brother from another mother!
  2. Airazor

[IMG]
  3. IamnotAmazing

@2:26 watch for about 20 seconds
  4. lawn gnome

redeploy to a nearby base and hit them from a new angle, instead of trying to win by running down the barrel of their cannons.
  5. Airazor

Nice, a cute video of you playing by yourself.....with no friends in your lib........with euro gang bang tech music. I am pretty sure I digitally killed you a few times Mr.IamnotAmazing. Go boast about how awesome you are at playing with yourself at the kids table.

All that trolling aside, you do have some skills :) Just don't go bragging! no one likes a bragger! And always remember, there is always someone better than you. I'm sure there is a 13 year old kid that can 720 no scope, jump out of his lib in mid air repair, get in and pwn you. By himself. Eating cheetos and drinking a juice-box ;)
  6. MajiinBuu

Get 2 guys with decimators, target one liberator. On the count to 3, fire at it. If it's directly above you don't have to worry about drop (the rocket isn't going to go backwards lol). The gunner never tells the pilot "hey something's coming at us, you should move"
    You can't do that anymore, stoopid liberator buff, and stoopid liberators with their dum fire suppression. I can't find a 3rd guy who'll do it :mad:
  7. IamnotAmazing

that's kinda the point that's solo, though I would pay to see a 13 year old play while eating cheetos
  8. lawn gnome

the drop is always an issue because it is impossible to aim directly up, there is always a little cone directly above you that you cannot aim at. i fire at liberators and ESF (the really dumb ones, it is fun to watch them pop with a single shot) a lot with my decimator. even if you don't kill a liberator with a decimator shot the damage from a single hit is usually enough to make them panic and run away, removing them from the fight.
  9. Meeka

I wasn't in the spawn room, I was with the Liberators, lol.

And there are NO tools that can systematically kill Liberators.

NONE.

Not MAXes, not Skyguards, NOTHING!
  10. lawn gnome

kill no, but most libs won't hang around after a clip of skyguard ammo has been dumped into them, or if you hit them with a decimator round they tend to get nervous and fly off.
  11. Meeka

They fly off, let auto repair do the thing, fly back, and then destroy the Skyguard. Same with the Decimator.
  12. lawn gnome

unless the liberator catches the skyguard by surprise with a tank buster <-(concentrated BS), any competent skyguard driver should be able to handle a single liberator. the skyguard will most likely fire upon the liberator long before it is in position to return fire. it takes about 20 seconds for a skyguard under average battle circumstances to completely destroy a lib. i generally spot aircraft about 30 seconds out unless they either fly really close to the ground (which exposes them to cannons and dumbfire rockets), or the air is so full that successfully tracking all of the targets is impossible.

and if the decimator troop stood in the same spot the whole time the lib was repairing, then he was either AFK or stupid. troops are small and easily hidden. also the lightning that skyguards are attached to has treads and can go 70kph so in either case i can move while the liberator goes off to repair, so he has to search for me. so in short STOP CAMPING.

if i wanted to play a stationary AA turret there are plenty in the game that don't use vehicle points, am i the only one who realizes that skyguards are capable of moving?
  13. Meeka

You can talk all the talk you want; the Lightning (also with Skyguard) is in my top vehicles; and I often use them outside of battlefields, on the fringe of fights, in highly obscure places, and move from point to point after alerting a Liberator to my position. But, that rarely works, because Liberators have this thing called thermals, which light you up like a bright candle, even through the leaves of trees. I run with Stealth 4 on my Lightning, and still easily found, just as easily as I can find other hiding tanks when I'm in the air.

The problem is, once you peg a Liberator, it knows where you are, which is reeeeal easy to do since those tracers from the Skyguard are more or less one long line which is draw from the Liberator to you... your Skyguard is toast in under 6 seconds. Even if I flew a Liberator alone and didn't have a gunner, I could hover over you, jump into the 2nd gun, and obliterate your Skyguard before you had a chance to take me down to even half health. And if I do have a gunner, you're lucky to survive even 6 seconds.

As for troops, it doesn't matter where you hide as a heavy... thermals highlight you like a beacon and the moment you poke your head out from whatever crack you're hiding in you're dead in just a couple rounds, if that.
    What you say, doesn't make a lick of sense in terms of how *actual* combat plays out in PS2. You're talking about the way it should work, not the way it does work.

Here's what *actually* happens: You shoot at a Liberator, it turns its belly toward you, and as fast as you can drive to try to hide while you think the Liberator is running off to repair, it shreds you down in 3 seconds... it doesn't even need the 3 additional seconds to orient and fly toward you. The Liberator doesn't need to repair... it takes three clips from a Skyguard to kill it. It can kill you in less than one. What, exactly, does a Liberator have to fear from you? Absolutely nothing.

What you say you experience is entirely cockamamie, because that's nowhere near what actually happens unless you have a complete idiot piloting your Liberator.
    • Up x 1
  14. lawn gnome

yes if you are a lone heavy against a liberator that is actively hunting you then you are probably screwed, but if that is the case both of you are wasting your time. i am talking in terms of real combat situations where you are likely one of many little yellow dots running around on the ground. does thermal allow you to take out every heat signature at once? besides while the liberator is away the troops get to play, setting up all sorts of fun AA surprises for your return.

now for the skyguard. 157 hours with 1,021 vehicle kills according to my stats as kept by SOE (so there is my entry into the pissing contest, go ahead and look at my stats i have a link in my signature). i am aware of how combat in the skyguard works. so now here is what actually happens, i fire at liberators while they are about 30 seconds out. i have to wait a good 2-3 full seconds for the shots to impact to be sure i am leading properly (most of the time i am because libs are big targets). yes they will easily figure out where i am, but if you are even semi competent you will have already put a full clip into them before they are in range to return fire.

if a liberator is within thermal range of my lightning and NOT SMOKING then i screwed up somewhere. the vast majority of the time they are in the sky above any sort of cover or concealment, so any competent skyguard driver will have several seconds of free reign over the liberator before they get close.

if i am doing my job right, by the time the liberator is within range to return fire he shouldn't want to find me anymore. EVERY liberator that has ever tried to turn and make a run on me after i have started firing has died. the only times i have died to liberators were because they either ambushed me from close range with the tank buster or because i was hopelessly outnumbered by 3 or more of them.

the fact that you even mention thermal or the shredder as a concern for your skyguard means you have no idea what you are doing and you are letting your targets get way too close to you without firing.
  15. Soques

Bro... Bro... I don't care who you were with. Although admitting that you were among 6 liberators farming bads and then saying that we need to balance because of that is soooooooo lulzy. In any case. 3 Flak maxes... Working together... Would kill 1 liberator before he could do much about it from inside the spawn room.

In any case, done talking to you.

Peaceout!
    • Up x 1
  16. Meeka

I wasn't in the Liberator... I was flying in a Mossie (not equipped with rocketpods, btw), witnessesing the event. Just happened to be on the same side as the Liberators. And the same story unfolds over and over and over and over again.

Why is it that only the people who don't fly Liberators regularly are seeing a serious problem with Liberators at the moment?

Everyone is either blind or willfully ignorant.
  17. lawn gnome

as a dedicated heavy assault / skyguard driver, i think the belly guns on the liberator seem to be balanced well. a few direct hits from the dalton will mess you up, but it also takes several seconds to fire those shots and the shots fly slowly so if you make any effort (at least in a lightning) you can dodge most of the shots. liberators are tough, but they are also up to a 3 person aircraft so they should be able to take several hits. the only issue i have with liberators is the tank buster which deals out more DPS than any vehicle mounted weapon in the game, INCLUDING all of the dedicated belly guns for the liberator. no single weapon should be able to take out an MBT within 3.3 seconds.
  18. Meeka

The only scenario that what you describe would ever work is in a desert with zero obstacles between you and the Liberator. So, you're always stuck on Esamir or the North Indar desert? No trees, no mountains, no hills or valleys between you and the Liberators? No south Indar, no Amerish, just lands with a straight shot from you to the Liberator. In that case, yeah, your perfect combat zone works where you can fire at them 30 seconds out. Otherwise, no half decent Liberator pilot is going to be gunned down to even by a 1/3rd when he makes a run on you.

I speak of Thermals on Shredders, because when I gun on a Liberator that's what I choose... and no Skyguard lasts more than a few seconds.

The people you are gunning down are less than average pilots at best; if you're gunning them down before they get to your, or able to hit them 30s out, you've yet to meet a capable pilot, and consider yourself really, really, really lucky. Because where I play, more than half the Liberator pilots know what they're doing and even well-practiced Skyguards are just target practice.

But, none of what either of us says changes the fact that Liberators are severely OP.
  19. lawn gnome

no pretty much every continent has very clear lines of fire as long as you aren't parking in a hole. amerish is by far the worst, but there are still plenty of vantage points that allow you to see aircraft out to render distance and other than the canyons in the southeast corner of indar the whole continent is incredibly flat giving aircraft almost nowhere to hide and still be flying.

the skyguards you are mowing down are either totally incompetent (which i can believe from all of the whine threads), or you are flying so low that tanks and heavy assaults with dumbfire rockets should be taking shots at you.

i present you with two scenarios A) the vast majority of the pilots on connery are so incompetent that i am able to single handedly suppress them with a horribly flawed impotent AA gun that is entirely useless otherwise OR B) you personally suck at using a skyguard. hmmm... which one seems more likely.

i love my skyguard and regularly murder aircraft of all kinds with it, AND i rarely have consistent line of sight issues and when i do i use the treads mounted onto the bottom of the tank (i know you thought they were decorative) and i move to a position that provides a better or at least different lane of fire.

STOP CAMPING IN A HOLE
  20. Kill2This

This man just speak the truth !

No way I can defend myself against a good liberator in my skyguard. Even if i'm the hard counter to it. Did I say nothing? It's getting worse on new amerish with all around mountains where liberators can catch you by surprise and I couldn't do anything against the death incoming.
    What skyguards needs is at least one of those things:
    - Mobility when firing back. So I think that a full stabilisation turret is a good step. (don't tell me "use third person view". It's unusable because the camera is placed under the lightning chassis when looking at the sky)
    - Native air radar for air surveillance.
    - The closer you are, the more damage you do. (less damage at long distance, better for air too and less aa efficiency stacking)
    - Get off the thermal vison on the liberators.

If someone have more idea, you're welcome.

I have a pretty solid experience at AA stuff (skyguard, turret and AA max) and I know for sure that there is a real disparity between skill cap on liberator and skyguard at close/medium range.
    Keep in mind that liberators have pretty all time the initiative at engaging. In short Liberators are predators and skyguard the preyswho have tools to respond. Because of air/ground relationship, it's not gonna change ever.
    I'm not asking for killing everything, I think deterence is the right way to go but I ask to be, at least, able to defend myself against things I am the hard counter.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.