Infiltrator from BR 1 hurts

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Swiftly, Mar 24, 2014.

1. GoyoElGringo

I wouldn't give it too much credit. It definitely has the highest TTK(I said lowest before, but I meant highest) at close range, but it has an advantage after about 20m. Like I said, I don't care to fight at that range with an SMG because it gets beat out by most carbines, so to me it's a pretty useless SMG.
  2. ShinBreaker

Infiltrator from BR1 was so easy for me. The starters VS weapon had no bullet drop and was semi-auto. Also, the TR was semi auto so i used it for mid-range. You need to utilize cloak, and the BUSHES are your saviors. Seriously, the bushes saved me for being found out by 10 people.
  3. Swiftly

Well, I am having a ton of fun. I switched to NC on Waterson just because I really like the Reaver and I still want to pilot later. Anyway I really thank everyone for their feedback and advice, and it has definitely helped me. I got dropped in what I would term the perfect location last night and was actually able to stay alive and empty the clip of my sniper rifle, and really had a lot of fun all night long.

Thanks guys.
  4. RockPlanetSide2

Being able to just blanket an entire area with sensor darts is the only thing I really miss when making a new char, maybe that and MedKits, but you can have a decent Inf at around level 15ish so its not that bad.

Other than that, level 1 is the same as level 100... you are good or you are not.
  5. Merakov

If you want to take the Sniper Path here is what I suggest
    If not playing a NC first you need a BASR take the XM98 for VS or 99SV for the TR.Stay with these BASR until you get your vital class certs.
    The main difference betweeen the
    RAMS.50 - 99SV
    Longshot - NC Bolt Driver
    Parallax - XM98
    is that with the first ones you compensate less for a longer reload time but your still compensating you might as well get things that will realy affect you gameplay
    1.Hunter Cloak - If cloak recharges faster this means you will be able to uncloak-shoot-cloak longer

2.Ammo Belt - Need explain ? If sniping you will be away from ammo packs and terminals so you get what you can carry

3.Utility - Now for utility u can chose between AI mines ,Med kits and Resto kits
    I personaly run with AI Mines because I use them as notifiers.As I scale a hill with limited roads that can lead to me, I mine them as a backdoor defense even if they dont kill they blow up and I can hear that someone is near me.
    Med kits. - Instant heal 100 % hp
    Resto kits - Heal over time(HoT) 85 % hp But HoT is inturrupted by cloak and you will lose the so needed heal
    Here is a video with more info about the kits

4.Recon Darts or Motion Sensors well watch this and decide for your self for me they are both good but it will depend on your play style .A change has been made since this video and now both can be resuplyed through ammo packs

5.Secondary Weapon ? - You will never go wrong with the Commissioner if you dont like it
    Desperado is a stable choice for the NC
    Inquisitor or Emperor are both very good for the TR but so is the Repeater if you like it more
    Cerberus and Manticore are your safest bets

6.Now you can get a better BASR - Rams.50 ,Longshot ,Parallax
  6. Mustarde

7. iller

I started playing as inf from level 1 and never branched out to any other classes till like level 20. Yeah it was brutal until I finally came to understand how fragile we were compared to Auto-spammers. It's taken all this time for my KDR start arcing back into the positives (not that that's a good indicator to begin with... it's just an easy one for people to relate to). I still haven't gotten to actually spend any real amount of certs on it like I'd like to, what with Anti-Air purchases taking up the vast majority of whatever I made out of necessity. But if I had to pick 2 turning points, I guess it was all about getting enough certs for anti-personnel mines first off ...and then eventually the commissioner. (or I guess it would be the desperado now if you're NC... which wasn't a "thing" yet back in beta). Those were the points when I felt like I stopped being pushed around so easily in CQC. I hear SMG gets the same results or better, but I look at that more as a crutch than a real infiltrator playstyle. I wouldn't rule it out tho' if you don't wanna bother learning stuff the hard way. The hard way hurts
  8. starlinvf

Playing an Infiltrator is like the Spy in TF2...... you lack any type of mechanical advantage in combat, so more then 3/4 of your play style is mental. But when played smart, your abilities allow you to catch your opponents off-guard in ways they'd never expect.... that makes it potentially one of the most powerful classes in the game.

The low skill floor is brutal, but the high skill cap and unique ability set allow for a great deal of skill growth. It took me a long time to get handle on how to use the class, but eventual insight into how most players do other things helped greatly as an Infil in predicting enemy movements, and finding vulnerable moments. And a lot like TF2, this mental game is almost impossible without understanding the other classes first.
  9. Godsmangamer

agreed with starlinvf
    once you get past sniping the actual infiltration game is really mental
    It actually feels a lot like running platoon lead sometimes with the need to predict where enemies are going to go and how the flow in a area works. tricking enemies and evading after contact is hard really hard but with practice it makes you really hard to get especially with the higher level cloaks( low settings ) and for dealing with better/higher setting players knowing when to crouch in a dark corner or in a shaded bush.
    the other tip is that cloak is more visible in "direct light" in shaded or dusk scenarios you are much less visible.
    and beware of the dark light as stalker or from non infil counter snipers. it is visable and really lets you know when they are looking for you but it has short range so crouch walk away or into places they have already looked.