Upgrade Now Button

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Brasil

I read every post, and I can tell no one supports the advertisements on HUD.
    But, no one would complain if he showed up on loading or when starting the game.
    • Up x 9
  2. Lazaruz

If I ever get a questionnaire about why I stopped supporting Planetside 2, I will refer you guys to the last couple patches.
    I can only assume that gambling boxes and buying certs are coming up next, in your plan to take this game to the next level.
    • Up x 4
  3. Brogan9001

Honestly if the possible xp earned with subscription was kept and most of the rest of the "upgrade now" buttons were removed, that would be the perfect setup. Honestly that graph on the death screen is the best ad because it is subtle and more effective at winning subscriptions than the "upgrade now" buttons.
    • Up x 1
  4. DevDevBooday

You remove the 'UPGRADE NOW!' button in the loadout screen SOE and i PROMISE, i will buy a years subscription.
    Im dead serious....

You can hold me to it.

Its Higby-ing annoying
    • Up x 4
  5. stalkish

Im a member and i dont remember seeing it on the deploy loadout screen, maybe your wish is actualy already true.
    Or im blind and was in complete auto click mode :confused:.

EDIT: wrong word
    • Up x 2
  6. Hosp

That does happen. It happened to me last night a couple times...but I'm not subbed. Had to stop a couple times to NOT hit the wrong button.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jalek

My subscription ran out recently. No matter what you do, it will stay that way at least until the changes in a couple of weeks go live.
    I've given SOE enough money and been locked into one subscription type long enough to know that announcements of future things are up in the air until they happen, and an active account cannot be modified (so customer service says), so I'll just wait.
    • Up x 1
  8. DevDevBooday

Members dont see it because you are UPGRADED!

someone fetch me a cyberman pic.
    • Up x 2
  9. stalkish

Ok so i think i just got your original post.....:confused:
    Been a loooong morning, infact i might take the afternoon off :)
  10. OldGuyAndy

I thought this was very eloquently stated and I would like to give credit to PS2 user/player "Triclyde". I hope no one minds that I have copied this from another PS2 forum, but I think, IMHO, that this is a very accurate statement in how I am reacting:

The players, as a whole, don't pay because you show them ads. The players who can/will pay for things will only do so if there's a reason. And if you want a reason, it isn't ads; it's CONTENT. It's bugfixes. It's new things and improvements, fixings of balance, and preventing things from driving away your core players. Instead of showing us big upgrade buttons, show us the same kind of respect you expect from us, and don't take us for fools. Yeah, some of us are... but not all of us. I realize the devs have an incredibly large amount of information to go through to try to fix bugs; I know it takes time; I know new content takes time to balance and implement, not to mention test; but if your marketing division were to put (for the lack of a better term) advertisements of upcoming content or fixes instead of "Upgrade now" buttons, I for one would be more likely to subscribe, or invest in the game elsewhere. Because what matters to me is what I can do and use in the game, not how much money I can give you.”

TL\DR;
    New/improved content and bug fixes will attract more purchasers, not obnoxious advertising that ruin the gameplay experience of ALL your EXISTING players as well as new players.
    • Up x 10
  11. Brasil

tips :

1) Remove advertisements. (Put the load at the start, choose character)
    2) Remove way point of the missions, this leaves the game (HUD) polluted. (Just put this point on the map, in a pleasant way)
    • Up x 2
  12. Hosp

This guy knows what the's talking about. ;)
    • Up x 4
  13. Stellus

I've spent over $500 on this game since launch. I'll admit it - I'm a diehard PS fan, a vet of PS1, and it is the only game I play.

What really irks me is that even after I forked over my hard earned money, you're still hounding me for more like a petulant, ungrateful child. It comes off as rude and desperate. I am not spending another dime on the game until it stops.
    • Up x 12
  14. Hajj Podge

Probably one of the few times the vitriol and angst of the official forums and Reddit are spot on. The pop ups during gameplay are really annoying and really unnecessary. But I'll admit that the "This is how well you could have done!" death graph for non-members is pretty funny.
    • Up x 3
  15. Hosp

That's not how well they did, that's how much XP they would've got. Doing Well =/= XP in this game. Because of all the bonuses and boosts you can't draw a direct correlation. There are a few indirect correlations, ie More XP = More Certs = More stuff to be more effective...but it doesn't do much if you're a putz.
  16. Fangry

The way this game is going...
    Think I'll save my money for Blizzards new MMO
  17. SharpeShooter

Im a full bloody member I pay like 50 pounds every 6 months and I buy station cash and I'm still getting these bloody "spring sale" popups! If I'm PAYING monthly for the friking game and paying more on top of that for in-game items I do NOT want to be harangued in-game with any bloody popups. 1 or 2 a game session? How about NO!

SOE you are making it really friking hard to like your game with every new patch you put out!
    • Up x 3
  18. Vlindertje

I dont get it.
    I click "no" why does it need to be brought up again, no means no.
    Im not interested why should I be reminded evry time?

If somone wants to sell his orange pink car and I dont want it, that means I dont want it, you dont have to go back and ask me again.
    You want to advertise, thats fine, but when im not interested in the current sale I shouldnt be reminded over and over again.
    It only makes people get angry.

And especialy playing the game getting pop ups are anoying, i hit YES then I get taken to a page only to get killed..
    • Up x 7
  19. Mastachief

Why as an auraxium member am i seeing pop ups / ads at all. Remove them completely for members or lose members it really is that simple.
    • Up x 8
  20. control-z

I have a BR 90 character and have been a monthly member for well over a year now. IMO, if PS2 isn't making enough money work on the metagame more and don't just beg for money with big flashy buttons and worse, pop-ups (1998 called, they want their marketing technique back.) Implement warpgate locking and Hossin and you will see far more money than putting upgrade buttons all over will ever get you. Don't cheapen PS2. We are generally a community of mature and hardcore gamers, heck friendly fire is always on. We know how to dodge bad marketing and money grabs, if we wanted that we would be playing crappy mobile games. We want the PS2 development team to thrive and prosper, but this is bad business.
    • Up x 14