Yet Another Liberator Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Meeka

So, there was this one small base with about four soldiers stuck in a spawn room.

Hovering above... was six Liberators bombing and shredding the crap out of them.

True story.
    • Up x 1
  2. gigastar

Soldiers who dont redeploy under such circumstances deserve what they get.
    • Up x 14
  3. Pikachu

Being pushed back to the spawn room in PS2 is the equivalent of losing all team mates in Counter-Strike. Stop thinking you should be able to win when you have lost.
    • Up x 16
  4. Ryme

As much as I dislike the state of air-domination, I have to agree that they only have themselves to blame for staying in that situation.

It's an open world. Go somewhere else.
    • Up x 2
  5. PlatoonLeaderG

I still keep seeing that.....redeploy where? to another battle?Because i m bored to be the only guy using AA trying to stop these monsters,while all the others keep getting farmed or abandoning the base so they can abandon the next base....and keep going.
  6. Airazor

If that was on waterson-Esamir Vanu last night around 9pm New york time...That was probably my lib crew hahaha
    • Up x 1
  7. Bruno Puntz Jones

This is not "a liberator thread." If the Liberators were 3/3, then that's an 80/20 population split. The 20% are going to get farmed nonstop in any 80/20 situation, no matter what either side brings to the fight. Even if it was six solo libs, then that's still a 60/40 split, and the underpopped side still will get farmed with those numbers, unless they have a huge edge in coordination and experience.

That said, they might have been able to do some damage and take out one or two of the Liberators if they all pulled AA MAXes, Skyguards, or ESFs. But given that they were willing to stand around getting farmed, it seems like they probably were newer players and didn't know any better, or haven't the skill and knowledge yet to organize focused counter fire or survive in A2A.

The Liberator may be a problem unit, but those six (eighteen?) people could have been just as many bolt rifle snipers, pistol stalkers, rocket spamming heavies, AI turret engis, or chain-rezzing medics, and they would have farmed those four guys just the same.

And the Lib pilots are the real idiots here for wasting time fighting for kills on four noobs, instead of finding a fight with plenty of targets for everyone.
    • Up x 3
  8. Corporate Thug

Because redeploying to another location to have fun for ~5 minutes until it happens again and again is so much fun? When a lib dies someone else just pulls one and they go right back to camping. I see it across all U.S. servers. It isn't a problem with the people in the spawn room "defending" the base since more than likely those liberators aren't actually capturing anything, just annoying and spamming. Perhaps simply leaving them be is the best choice for the infantry, but don't think those same liberators won't just go try to farm elsewhere, ruining the fun.

You know when I first started playing this game back in Feb. 2013, I played Indarside for a good few months and it was glorious despite my 15-20 FPS. Infantry fought other infantry, tanks looked for other tanks to fight and air was mostly focused on other air and land vehicles. At some point in time players decided to just stop fighting each other and went the way of the steam roll. SOE has desperately tried to balance the infantry vs vehicle gameplay with things such as lowering the cost of empire specific lock on launchers and adding additional secondary weapons for ESFs, but I think we are past the point of where these people will participate in actual fights and SOE are just giving them better ways to farm and steam roll. The only thing I can think of that will change the mind state of our players is to significantly make it less rewarding for that type of behavior. I would be all in favor of them giving less than 1/2 XP for vehicles killing infantry and 2x XP for vehicles killing other vehicles, infantry killing vehicles XP should be lowered as well so not everyone is just spamming lock ons. It would help make farming a thing of the past and actual bring back vehicular combat. Base capture XP and the amount of resistance the enemy faces capturing that base SERIOUSLY needs to be looked in to as well.

There is no direct correlation between how much XP a vehicle has earned versus how much they contribute to their team or their effectiveness.

Edit: As Bruno pointed out, there is very little an underpopped faction can do when severely outnumbered. Many will state to redeploy and mount a better defense or counter attack, yet the side with more players will no doubt have more resources to steam roll you yet again. Coordination, coordination, coordination but even with a small group successfully defending a base from a larger force that only means there are less people defending facilities from the small groups in that over popped faction. Or you can consider that if you are fighting 2:1 odds and you have a group dedicated to taking out air support and another couple trying to kill spawn points, then how many are actually left to retake control of your base?
    • Up x 1
  9. Cougarbrit

Sounds like six bad libs to me. I'll deal with them don't worry.
  10. oberchingus

I love killing you guys!!!!! Give my regards to Azzhats!
    • Up x 1
  11. Airazor

I don't know if you are mocking or saying in good honor? I will vouch for the later and say this: Azzhats is amazing haha I'm glad I got him in my outfit!

You are BR 99 right now on you TR, maybe our outfits should fight it out so you can get your BR100 with an honorable outfit! It would be like loosing your virginity to a crush you have :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Meeka

It doesn't matter where you redeploy.

Liberators will follow.
    • Up x 1
  13. oberchingus

I've already been crushing you guys in my Liberator, while Azzhats's alt has been flying me around. Lost my Lubricator virginity killing ZAPS, PREY and NUC alts. Just imagine, if SOE didn't nerf my harasser, I'd never be in the air! Good seeing you guys last night on the Indar Ex left flank.

Want to be an actor in my BR100 video? I'm doing an evil kenevil thing.
  14. DQCraze

9/10 times these people are lone wolfs locked in a situation like this. I have to say this game does not favor you people that like to solo. This game is about path of least resistance, there is nothing to stop you from rolling a few repair sundys together with duel walkers. Create a no fly zone, we do it all the time. The air space around a facility is just as important as the facility itself, you must deny access from above, hence the no fly zone. If you have an outfit get em together with a couple skyguards, burster maxes, and walker sundys add a few lock-on's in there and they will not come near you.

You are defeating yourself by not fighting back, be persistent.
    • Up x 4
  15. Soques

Not sympathetic bro. With the numbers you had there were tools at your disposal to allow you to systematically kill each liberator from inside the spawn room. Coordinate your forces and you will be surprised how far that can go.

As the above have said though, those libs were wasting their time and were only staying there at the insistence of the infantry who kept running out.
    • Up x 2
  16. Airazor

Hhaha yeah we had 6 guys do some rocket work haha We quickly got gang banged but snuck a few ESF and Lib kills :)

Sure, let me know when your BR100 party will be, send me a friend invite and I will have my guys join the fun!
  17. Monkeydmomo

Never heard of you, therefore you're nobody.
    • Up x 1
  18. IamnotAmazing

then one esf probably took out of your libs, lol

sure you do...
  19. oberchingus

Will do. Thank you!

We got overrun shortly after running into you by NC's armor. Indar Ex is one of my favorite places to do battle.
  20. oberchingus

That makes two of us. Who are you and why should I care?