[Guide] Lagless settings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by drahsid, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Chicken Wings

You mean it wasn't this?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Paragon Exile

Ill stay with my maxed settings at 80 FPS, but thanks for the offer bro, brings back memories of Donkey Kong 64.
    • Up x 1
  3. Atis

RenderFlora=Off
    MaxVoices=5
    TextureQuality=2
  4. LibertyRevolution

Off is 4 on flora field... that why you can't get them off, as 0 defaults to medium.

LightingQuality=0 (0 is not an option for this field, it will just default to medium)
    EffectsQuality=0 (0 is not an option for this field, it will just default to medium)
    TerrainQuality=0 (0 is not an option for this field, it will just default to medium)
    FloraQuality=0 (0 is not an option for this field, it will just default to medium)
    ModelQuality=0 (0 is not an option for this field, it will just default to medium)

There is no reason to edit the ini file any longer..
    Just select "Very Low" from the GraphicQuality pull down in game.
    Shadows and flora can be turned off in the game menu pull downs now.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xrkr

Mother of God ...

I'd love a link to this stunning Daggerfall mod, sir.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheBigHert

That's not entirely true, you still need to edit the .ini if you want to set Render Quality to below 50%. (Note you also need to set OverallQuality=-1 to accomplish this.) I have mine at .4 which gives me a 10 fps jump at the Warp Gate, from 45 to 55.

What I want to know is how do you get a 16:9 screen resolution below 1600x900. Most games I can select 1280x720, but that is not an option in the pull down. When trying to edit the .ini to 1280x720 I get something more like 20:9 (black bars on top & bottom of screen). Wish I could set it at 720 vertical, as this would increase FPS greatly.
  7. ToastyMan

oh. *sigh*
  8. Eyeklops

LOL, it's Wolfenstein
    [IMG]
  9. emjayz

thread's over, everyone can go home now
  10. drahsid

Doesn't mean we can't post on it while at home. ;3
  11. LibertyRevolution

If you are playing planetside2 like this, may I recommend a more suitable title for your 486..

Doom:
    [IMG]

12. BITES

The reason you can't pick that resolution is because 1280x720 isn't a 16:9 resolution, its a 16:10 (or 8:5) and thats the reason you get "black lines".

This image should help you find one that works.
    Simply find your "NATIVE" resolution ... then follow that line/colour to a lower one.
    Eg 1280x800 is probably the rez your after not 1280x720.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Vector_Video_Standards2.svg
  13. drahsid

Notice how much more smooth it looks?