Looking For Advice...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Loose Woman, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Loose Woman

Hey, just wanted some advice.

I'm having trouble deciding what side arm to buy I was thinking ether the Commissioner OR Desperado.

I like the Commissioner's damage, but I like the burst feature of the Desperado AND that it has the suppressor available to it.

I will be mainly using STALKER cloak but obv will be using it when i go snipe/smg also.
  2. LownWolfe

If you are going to use SC and play multiple factions, get the commissioner. If you are going to buy with certs or only play NC, get the desperado. Because of the burst fire they have similar "shots" per clip and similar damage output (I'm pretty sure but I'm bad at maths). Also as an infiltrator, I find that a silenced weapon comes in handy over a loud revolver for not attracting attention.
  3. Reavx

I have both and I run deperado.
    Everyone knows most infils opt for the comishioner as a side arm and know its sound and every time you fire it all will turn and face you.
    The deperado is much more subtle while having the same stopping power.
    It has more limited use at range but for me its better at fast CQC as you can sprey it and you have your primary for range.
    Or stalker cloak to get close.
  4. iller

I'd strongly recommend both if it's within your Cert earning capacity.
    The Desperado technically outperforms the Commish on a number of Stats according to the metrics, but the greater range of the commish makes it crucial IMHO for certain outdoor encounters where your Primary is spec'd to be so long range that it's not even functional in Mid-range fights. It's times like that where the commish has netted me 3x as many kills as the Magshot ever could. (and a much improved KDR despite its incredibly loud discharge). And If the Commish ever gets real Iron site options to pick from, it will definitely atleast be tied with the crossbow for mid-range secondary and therefore a must-have.

Though half of this also assumes they might add Weapons terminals back into a lot of the bases they removed them from this past year. Those were extremely crucial to our adaptability as infiltrators and often the only means we'd normally have for switching from a "Field Ops" loadout to a CQC one where the Desperado outperforms the rest of our pistol options. We all know it was bad form to remove so many of them, and hopefully only an oversight and not an intentional nerf against our hacking passive ability.
  5. Amouris

If you can land head shots fairly well in close quarters go with the Rebel, packs a punch and can be silenced. Plus its damage drop off starts at +5 meters over other pistols giving it 250 damage out to 15 meters.
  6. Nanomorph

The Commissioner is only good for hip fire, the iron sights are broken and useless.

Plus the full reload is too slow.

I struggled with it for a couple weeks and eventually dropped it for the Cerberus.
  7. LownWolfe

I never really had trouble with the commie, it has my second highest amount of kills for sidearms. You can hip fire, even longer ranges effectively. The reason its second is because the Desperado surpassed it as I like it much more for its ability to be silenced and the burst makes accuracy a little more forgiving