PS2 Updates and Valkyrie Reveal

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Majorpaynekills

You never know they could have empire specific abillities like the NC Shield, VS Speed Boost, Or Another TR lockdown but this on a PLANE WOOOOO i cant fly my PLANE but dw i can shoot and reload faster lol
  2. Dreamyeuropa

I see there is a fellow Aussie with us(yay!)

What they mean is the end of summer in the northen hemisphere, so end of winter in the southern hemisphere.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mianera

Looks..... REALLY.... underpowered. I don't know how or where the Valkyrie is gonna work.

- It's going to be worse than a liberator if you just put 2 regular infantry on the sides
    - The two sidekicks on the sides are constantly gonna run out of ammo
    - It might only work if you put people in MAX suits on the side in which case it becomes OVERPOWERED
    - What's the point of adding aircraft when there's flak and lock-on launchers everywhere

I think it looks cool and all. I'm just having trouble seeing how it will perform better than a Galaxy or a Liberator. Unless it's being added to work like the Flash for ground vehicles.

.... hope it handles better than the Flash.
  4. LLancaster

Awesome to have more info like this. Even if it's a ways off and has the possibility to be delayed, more info of what's coming up to get hyped about is fantastic.

I would like to point out that what the troops in the rumble seats can actually see will most likely be limited. For example, you may only have a 120 degree viewing area so you wouldn't be able to look straight up or straight down. Couple this with that you're probably only going to be able to look out on the side that you're on and your damage potential is going to drop for the over all vehicle as only certain angles are going to provide a single gunner with a shot.

I'd like to see the Valkyrie slower than the ESFs and faster than the Liberators. If ESFs are fighter jets, Liberators are heavy gunships, and Galaxies are essentially cargo planes, than the Valkyrie would be a light helicopter.

Keep on truckin' you crazy devs.

Also, much love and fantasticness to the guys who did the O:MFG work. My **** computer can run this game at a decent speed so it's greatly appreciated the effort that went into making the game run smoother.
    • Up x 1
  5. TwoHeadedDevil

More Air... There are currently only 3 aircraft as opposed to 5 round vehicles. The principal of the Val is great and very Black Hawk. I think that a possible revamp of the Gal allowing 'rumble seat' transport would have been ok.

I am only guessing but would say the rumble seat will work the same as position 3 on a Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  6. Model299

Oh, I dunno, something that destroys liberators might be nice. The nerfed air-to-air weapons are pretty much worthless on the mosquito and reaver, and the ground-to-air only works if you walk around in teams of heavies or MAXes. There's always something new to spend SC on. I'd be happy if the Tomcat A2AM missile racks worked again.
  7. IamDH

Stop derailing the thread. I have already stated that i might have misworded it and apologized

Do you really have to be rude to convey a thought that we all know? Someone thought i said that it was coming soon, i made it apparent that i meant it was not. Someone else pointed out about how my words were incorrect, i admitted to it and apologized. Now you come along with your caps lock key repeating what was already said

I do not have anything against you, why are you randomly being mean?
  8. NovaAustralis

1. COOL! :)

2. No in-flight repairs by Engineer passengers! :mad:

3. Give it 4 passenger seats, not 2, so a 6 player fire-team can crew it.

4. No shooting from the passenger seats! (Have you fired a rocket launcher in a confined space? Bad idea...)

5. It's speed has to between that of an ESF (slower) and Galaxy (faster). (Fast insertion / extraction tactics.)

6. Galaxy might need some love after this goes live, or the venerable SkyWhale could go extinct...

* What happened to this?:
    [IMG]
  9. Torok

The valkyrie looks and should play out epic indeed, but I can't help but think that the ES ground vehicles have been pushed back because of this, sad story.

Does it really takes that much time to develop these vehicles?
    I guess the biggest part is done by the Art team and modelers.
    Q.Q
  10. ddraig

lies! THE WORLD IS FLAT
  11. ohmikkie

Too be honest you haven't made any point that negates repair on the go apart from you dislike it. A mechanic like that can be balanced (say the repair happens slower on the move for instance). I had no problem with it in Battlefield (not sure if you can still do it now since I've hardly touched 4).

Personally I believe to have less limits and more balance.
  12. Bruno Puntz Jones

You might be curious, but releasing it as an underpowered useless turd isn't going to induce people to dump SC into unlocking weapons for it, so that's never going to happen. They release it in stupidly OP form, wait till the cash shop sales peter out from the rush to FOTM, then nerf it to counter the rage.
  13. New Conglawesomeness

He stated it's coming late summer. That's pretty soon considering that means it's coming out in less than five months.

You also don't have to guess what it will be like because Higby described it. It's going to be a fast attack aircraft. If it's fast, it's probably going to have light armor like ESF's. Also, I'm sure they won't allow MAXes on them much like they don't allow MAXes on any vehicle other than the Harasser, Sundy, and Gal, and if heavies try to use lock-ons, it probably won't affect any aircraft much since the Valkyrie is going to be a fast-moving vehicle and would be far more effective for the gunner to shoot at the assailant especially when the assailant is shooting back.
  14. Bruno Puntz Jones

When I can rep my solo Lightning on the fly without getting out and three engis can rep their flying Lib without landing, then we can talk.
  15. chrisarn94

Could you be a bit more specific about when all this would be introduced to the test server?
  16. =ADK= Turrican13

PS2 is becoming a flight game for infiltrators. Just wait, since PS2 only listen to the VS outfits, wait until Infils get C4,
    Vanu are already complaining about the NC Rail Gun....

Great job SOE, keep us distracted with talk of new continents, new vehicles and pointless weapon tweaking while not addressing the core issues.
  17. Whizzmaster

Can you please repeat that in comprehensible English?
  18. TheSHADOWREAVER

Just wondering do you have an idea on when the Valk will go on Public Test Server?
  19. TheSHADOWREAVER

Flying harasser practically
  20. MonkPakMei

so- where are the details on the 60mb update?