PS2 Updates and Valkyrie Reveal

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 24, 2014.

1. JudgeNu

2. Drstrangewolf

Will Valkyrie support Empire specific weapons for the nose gunner and possible pilot mount weapons that are independent from the gunner like they do in other games with the apache/ mi-28 gunships where turret cannon and pods are crew based. And will there be possible stealth mounts for adding in that extra raid and pillage feel?Plus sold for this aircraft cause "Raiders gotto raid"
    • Up x 2
  3. Desann

Interesting concept on the valkyrie. I look forward to testing it on PST and giving you all some feedback.

Some things I would like to see in the works are in regards to ground combat. Being a PS1 vet, there are some things, I feel, need changing in PS2.

1. The sunderer needs some love. Not just in weapon types, but also needs more "role-defining" upgrades. The sunderer took alot of aspects from PS1, and merged them together in PS2. That's great and all, but it feels a bit generic. I would like empire specific weaponry, and better options for utility/defensive slots. Things such as the EMP pulse, to disable enemy turrets for a short time, and detonate all enemy mines/c4 in a radius. Also, the side guns with "darklight" would be cool as well. The darklight should have limited range. Maybe have these options REMOVE the AMS feature. This would define the sunderer as a combat role and not a support role.

2.We need a better ground vehicles, especially the "transport". The harasser is labeled a "transport" but only holds 3 players. In PS1, these were called "buggies" and it would be totally AWESOME if the old empire specific buggies were brought back! I would LOVE to see the thresher/marauder/enforcer. On top of that, we need a medium armored "TRANSPORT" such as the deliverer. Here is an image:
    [IMG]
    It's basically a "mini-sunderer" or you could argue the sunderer is a bigger version of this. Either way, we need a FAST ground transport for troops. The sunderer is a big too slow and handles poorly for transport purposes. This should be able to carry 2 gunners and 2-4 passengers. Enough for a small/medium squad.
    • Up x 2
  4. ScrapyardBob

Balance-wise:
    • There should be a maximum drop height of say 25-50m. It won't have to land, but it should at least get within 25-50m of the ground to drop off players. Sort of like the amount of invulnerability to falling damage timer you get from using a grav-lift.
    • Not sure how I feel about the players inside being able to use weapons. You may need to disallow MAX units.
    • Can the passengers be shot at / hit like they can in a Harasser?
    • Up x 1
  5. Bruno Puntz Jones

The hilarious thing about this post is that the graphics there look better than what are possible at any decent FPS on my system since the recent kill-cam patch.
    • Up x 2
  6. Anantidaephobia

Of course we'd like to see more like this, but please talk a bit mo-re slow-ly !! :confused:

It's great to hear there's a balance pass incoming, as well as specific empires abilities. Maybe VS will get some real mobility advantage from that ;)
  7. M4L4CH1TE

My guess?
    It will start out with too much ability and power otherwise no one will give a hoot about it.
    Then onces everyone hates it as much as they did the Harasser they'll nerf it into uselessness and everyone wanting to go somewhere will just pull a flash or an ESF.
    I tried but can't care. Sorry.
  8. BuffMcBicep

Higby's eyes are so blue...
    • Up x 1
  9. Brewergamer

Tbh, people think 2 maxes in there will be OP, I say I don't think it matters. When I play I always use a grounder and it's like.. we take down aircraft so fast I never have any aircrafts to take down. Perhaps this patch when it comes will give me some more aircraft to destroy but I don't see 2 max units being up there as being OP considering how easily we can take down aircraft especially the lightly armored ones.
    • Up x 1
  10. RyanGUK

I love the sound of this update, but one question on something which has kind of faded into mysteriousness recently.

You announced the Valkyrie is coming soon... But what happened to the Colossus tank? We got some pictures and it's faded into the abyss. When will we hear more about that?
    • Up x 1
  11. Lord Nod

I don't understand what the giant problem about the valkyrie is... They announced this vehicle back before amerish was even introduced and playable; back before latice lines even existed. Im still waiting for the giant flying aircraft carrier plane they showed.

Now that I mention it... that thing is alot like the plane shield has on avengers...
  12. MajiinBuu

2 Lashers in each rumble seat, let the disco party commence
    • Up x 4
  13. DirArtillerySupport

Wait so we're getting aircraft that can drop 6 AP mines on top of spawn points?
    • Up x 5
  14. GaBeRock

Again, as long as passengers can only shoot out one side, the valkyrie will be fine, especially if nosegun is forward arc only, since then the craft can only show one side at a time. Plus, passengers will still get hit by flak explosions, rocket pods/missiles, and even the AI noseguns on ESF get some love since their explosions can wipe out passengers while marginally hurting the craft.
    • Up x 1
  15. WhelpHunter

Now all we need is some form of long range artillery so that we can indirectly attack sundys and armor columns. also I hope this can take a descent hit because as a fast transport I don't want to die by a single AP round hitting my side and wiping out my transport vehicle instantly.
    • Up x 1
  16. disky00

What happened to the Colossus tank? How about "what happened to the empire specific buggies that were mentioned long before the Colossus was even a twinkle in anyone's eye?"

Anyway, I'm sure this will be great and all, but as long as I'm with a decent squad I often find little reason to use a vehicle other than the Sunderer. There are simply too many ways to spawn at locations around the continent, and infantry combat is where all of the real work gets done.
  17. Bruno Puntz Jones

Just give it 85% resist to all damage types, perma cloak, and a Dalton in the nose. Problem solved.
    • Up x 4
  18. sustainedfire

I think the nose gun will have a full 360 degree arc, only capable of attacking targets parallel too, and below the craft. The top and rear of the vehicle will be "blind spots" where you can attack with no resistance.
  19. Bruno Puntz Jones

It's basically a self-repping flying MAX that never has to land. And it can bomb you from invisible altitude beyond render distance with C4 and mines.
    • Up x 1
  20. sustainedfire

The buggies are coming.

Air players only have 3 options currently. Ground vehicle operators have 5 options. Infantry have 6 options.

Air needs more options first, then things like the ES buggies can come, as they are going to be a bit difficult to differentiate from whats available already.

Unless they are like the Valkyries of the ground, and have multiple rumbleseats. That would be different.