Infiltrator rifles: Headshots with ease

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BIllyGG, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Captain Kid

I think sniping is actually really hard in this game. You have to reload before each shot and time the hold breath button. And there is bullet drop. And bullet travel time.
    That being said, apparently some players are still good enough to get a head shot on a moving target in a split second.
    If I were in charge snipers would not have a cloak so I at least would have a change to see them before they kill me.
  2. GoyoElGringo

I rarely get sniped in the head. I don't make a habit of standing out in the open when I know there's probably a sniper looking at me.

Also, when sniping isn't a OHK, it becomes pretty useless(unless you want kill assists, or you hit someone who's wounded).
  3. phreec

I'd love for OP to record himself playing Infil and consistently headshotting with ease. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  4. Dieter Perras

The little man inside of me who bitterly hates snipers is jumping up and down in glee towards the idea of snipers being nerfed.

Then there is the logical side of me going "Who the **** let you out again? Get back in your cage right now!"

Ahem...snipers are easy to take out with a little practice the reason they feel unfair is that to be effective the target can't know they were there which is very frustrating for the target.

**** SNIPERS!

I said get back in your cage dam it!
    • Up x 1
  5. Zenanii

Do I think snipers are a worthless class being played by useless scrubs who press after every kill to fap at their K/D while providing little to no overall contribution to the team?

Yes.

Do they need to get nerfed?

No, not really.
  6. geekrider

lol....just lol
  7. Modern Ancestor

Infils have less health and thats the point as it should. When it comes to scoring headshots with ease i disagree. Now let me tell how bad i suck using bolt action with some observations. The char ive been using for sniping has currently 67 kills with 47 of them being headshots. I can honestly without any shame admit im not good at it. Those headshots ive gotten by taking good aim on enemies that give me at least 20 seconds of no movement at all. Well maybe 2-3 headshots to moving target but as total unplanned fluke.

Despite my total incompetence in it i try very hard and its nice i get something out of it. I do not deny that it happens to me too that i get lobotomy on move pretty often. You NC railjackers you know who you are.:) But instead of coming to forums rant about it im actually happy for them. Seriously i am since i know how hard it is gotta admire the time and effort put in it.

Who knows maybe ill get better in time by practice or not. Even if i dont i still respect players who know their stuff. Why wouldnt i? Were not all that different really they hone their skills i do that too, difference is in time and effort put in.

With all honesty ask yourself have you been doing it since beta? Have you been doing it a month or so like me? Gotta walk before you can run.
  8. VogonPoetMaster

Would you rather we used one of the 'hold down mouse1 and collect your cert' weapons that comprise most of this game's arsenal?
  9. HadesR

I'm sure just posting his stats would suffice for a stat .. I'm sure he has a few thousand kills and a steady HS of 70+%
  10. Bl4ckVoid

Snipers are OP and should be nerfed.

Take away cloak or reduced HP even more.
    It is not as easy to hunt them down as some suggest, because if you go close they pull out their SHOTGUN called the Comissioner.
    It is not easy to see them at all, unless you look into one direction. As soon as you start to change your view (quite common obviously) your viewpoint moves around and they are MUCH harder to see.
    So cloak sometimes is very visible depending on background and how much you move around, or almost totally invisible - very frustrating for both infiltrator and the other guy.

Sidearms also badly need a nerf, it is insane that we have sidearms that have shotgun DPS.
  11. AnnPerkins

it takes 1.5 seconds to rechamber a round

it takes 1 second to rez

you can literally rez faster than a perfectly accurate sniper can kill.
  12. HadesR

Regardless of whether I'm playing Engi or Medic or HA or Infi , Snipers are the very least of my worries on a battle field .. The times I get OHK by a sniper are so few and far between that they are pretty much a non-factor in the scheme of total deaths. So it's not something I would personally call OP ..

I guess it's maybe if you play a Sniping Infi a bit you learn how to move to lessen their impact when you are not playing one.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nephi1im

So, I'm pretty sure this is BS. I've never heard of an aimbot that can specifically target a head while ADS, and since the random COF on unscoped shots is like the whole FOV, you can't auto aim no scope and hit anything.

Also, with drop and travel time, anything over 100 meters away wouldn't get hit by an auto aimed shot... Soooooo as I said, BS, a sniper has to be the worst thing to try and cheat with. Whatever helps you sleep at night though while you're strolling around in open fields and get popped.
    • Up x 1
  14. KnightCole

Lol, I dont get popped that often. And when I do, I typically find myself saying.....this is a bad idea.....then out of no where......blam...Parallax.
  15. Robertooooo

Haha lol. If you are a HA or whatever and gets the drop on a scoped sniper infiltrator and he is able to pull his commisioner and kill you, you do something very wrong :D
    The usual snipers are no problem at all to track and kill, and if you somehow managed to stumble across one that have put hundreds of hours into learning to become really good at it they deserve their kills.
  16. andy_m

haha! it's so funny watching the Sniper haters posting in here...

This is so true... Since I have been playing Sniper, I do get counter sniped, for sure, but I know this is inevitable because you cannot be watching everywhere. I'm a lot more careful now, though, with over 300 hours of sniper time under my belt. So when I go Medic or Engi I just never stay still unless I am absolutely sure that I am behind cover.

If I do get sniped, while repairing a turret for instance, then I accept that as part of the job, re-spawn and move on. Even before I played as a sniper, I never moaned about dying to one hit kills.

Regarding my targets, I would say that a high percentage of them are low BR peeps. Every now and then I will get lucky and bag myself a BR80+, because it is always possible to get caught out, no matter how good you are.

So, as for Snipers/Infiltrators being over powered... poppy ****.

We are annoying, at worse...
  17. Mustarde

Ahhhh it's been a little while since I've read some good old fashioned sniper hate on these boards. I think you covered most of the common ignorant drivel I usually read. Thank you.

Oh you forgot "sitting on a hill 300m away, bushwookie, can't use skilled weapons like lmg, shotgun, maxes,etc.".

At least you don't want to nerf us :)
    • Up x 4
  18. K2k4

I like to think of myself as one of those snipers who is better with his commissioner than he is with his rifle. You gotta realize that there are only 6 shots and unless the commie user nails you with half his clip or headshots you or knife's you after a shot then you are still going to take him out.

Then there is the plus that if you do have the commissioner yourself you have the best infill hunting sidearm out there. Use it on infills since you will already be at an advantage because of your larger hit pool. Go hunting for them in the hills. Have fun with it.
  19. ohmikkie

I can understand the OPs point of view. I myself feel that in most objective type games a sniper type class does not amount to any usefulness but killing random enemy that happens to stray into sight.

Now what I mean by that is that generally a sniper class should be a high risk high reward class that actually requires skill. Say for example a sniper is able to discern enemy squad leaders or enemies with a high kill count and be incentivised to prioritise those targets.

Most people do not even see the sniper (after de-cloak) before they get their head blown off due to lag. I do not see the point of enforcing de-cloak to fire because of this. Personally I prefer the cloaking to work like KZ2 (i.e.. the de-cloak only happens after a shot is fire followed by a reset timer).

I also agree that head shots are too easy to make with sniper rifles in this game. It almost seems the further away you are the better. Sniping should be a skill for those good at aiming it does not seem so to me. There still should be minimal sway when breath is held (maybe stabilisation is cert-able).

But after saying all that if someone out there just want to play for the killing game it's a free country and being popped in the noggins by "Mr Magoo" every now and this is an annoyance but not a game breaker for me. And not as much as annoyance and pump action shotties.
  20. minhalexus

I never saw a Sniper only squad capture any facility.

Its a team game.
    You always have access to your sniper rifle and so does your Squad mates.

I do not remember getting headshotted UNLESS i was a sniper myself.

Maybe you do not play snipers. They require skill to be good. (thats a good thing)

I think there should be a bounty system for the infiltrators. (in the future mission system)
    Giving them the name of Extreme Menaces. (maybe auto spot them if they are in a certain range)