If you are going to add an activation time to the HA overshield, give us one thing in return

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roll Fizzlebeef, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Robes

Theres a difference between what should be and what will be, if you look around theres a very large amount of things that are completely useless, you can just add that to the list, given the record of pretty much every game I've ever played or looked at, there never will be balance just swings in power from one thing to another, especially with SOEs way of very heavy handed nerfs when they "tone down" something.
  2. LT_Latency

Why is the person behind you not shooting you in the head making your shield worthless??

The medic is a support class anyways.
  3. Nephi1im

BWAHAHAHAHA, so turning the shiled on BEFORE you round a corner/go through a doorway makes it extremely niche? Also, let's say there was no shield, how are you inadequate in CQC again? Oh that's right... you don't have access to 100 round mag guns or shotguns for that matter. HOW WILL YOU EVER WIN WITHOUT 650 MORE SHIELD??????

Medics have deadlier weapons? Maybe at ranges above 20 meters, but that under 20 meters range.... you know where 90% of the game happens.... I think you'll survive. Weak shield? It is the exact same shield with an activation time. Weaker weapons? What the hell are you smoking? I think I can safely say I've never heard anyone complain about HA weapons being underpowered.

Man, let me bust out the jump to conclusions mat.... Adding an activation delay to the shield magically makes medics have rockets, 650 more shields and bullet hoses. I guess I missed the fine print....
  4. LibertyRevolution

Shields block headshots too, they have only been removed from nanoweave resistance.
    Most people don't aim for the head, just pull up random players stats if you want to check that fact.

Headshotting a HA is the only way a non HA can win right now, as the double damage modifier evens the playing field.
    This of course assuming the HA is only making body shots, if HA is also headshotting you back, you are doomed.
  5. Vorxil

Then you're implying you got hit by one shot from an Armistice or equivalent weapon from 28 m before turning on your overshield. That's not flanking, that's a stray bullet.
  6. Nephi1im

When people go to the "shoot him in the head noob" argument, you know they have no argument. So, a good player might get 40% headshots? By your logic, the 60% of the time that player flanks and starts shooting an HA in the back, losing is what should happen?

Sounds legit...
  7. Nephi1im

This is correct. Otherwise HA wouldn't be the only class that could survive a sniper round to the head.
  8. LT_Latency

LA CAN beat a heavy in a heads up gun fight using the carbine. The shield slows you down while the carbine can strafe at a much faster speed allowing you to beat your enemy.

Plus they have a jetpack and infs can stealth.

You can't go it's not fair heavies have a shield and total ignore the fact one class goes invisible and the other one can fly.

The HA just has a low skill cap and is better for players with lower level of skill.
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

I has teh reaction time, first bullet hits me and its shields up, 180 ads headshots your dead.
    Even if the bullet I took was from a acx-11 point blank for 200 damage, I still have 1450hp to your 1000HP LA.
    Your mobility isn't going to save you when it takes me .3secs to kill you with my orion.
  10. Nephi1im

Of course anyone CAN beat a heavy. The issue is that it isn't happening enough. Do you really think they are nerfing the shield because heavies aren't winning more than they should?
  11. PeanutMF

If you can react before the second bullet hits you at point blank you shouldn't be playing this game, go play Quake or Counterstrike at MLG level and win like a million dollars.

It will fire the second bullet in 0.12 seconds with a firing rate of 500 RPM. I seriously think you are exaggerating your reflexes.

If it were a GD-7F or a Serpent then you would have 0.07 seconds to do so... sorry this is too funny.
    • Up x 5
  12. Zotamedu

But that is most often not enough time before you are dead. The TTK is too short in this game for the shield to be that good. If you want to look at cheesy I win buttons then look no further than the medic's aura of healing. I'm doing quite a bit better as a medic than a heavy.

So an SMG should drop you in four shots. That's 0.3-0.4 seconds worth of fire. Then add human reaction time of about 0.2 seconds to that and that heavy will be half dead before he has time to click the F button.
  13. LT_Latency

Heavies are just the best class for noobs because it's easy to use the shiled. For infantry fighting the LA is better if you are good.

The change doesn't even really affect HA that much, I use the resist shield so It doesn't affect me at all. Good HA should know when they need their shield

They are most likely changing it because HA is the most played. HA is the most played because it's the only class that can shoot back against vehicles and planes. It's will always be the most played class because of that
    • Up x 1
  14. Posse

Reasons why this nerf should never happen:

1) Makes Adrenaline/NMG useless, they're supposed to reactive, not preemptive, but yeah, all the people here that cry "wah wah I-win shield" don't even play HA so they have no idea what they're talking about, classic PS2 player.

2) Makes MAXes even more overpowered than they are right now because you're nerfing the class that is the closest to being a counter to them.

3) Makes shotguns even more overpowered and easy mode (a weapon that shouldn't be in this game for starters)

4) Medic circlejerks will be even more common.

You want to nerf HA? Okay, do it this way:

1) Remove shotguns from them (and change the Jackhammer for something else, I guess)

2) Make the dumbfire damage grow with distance (as opposed to every single weapon), if you use it point-blank, you can't get a kill, if you land a rocket from 50 meters, you definitely deserve the OHK. Btw, this should be made this way without affecting the damage it deals to vehicles and MAXes.
    • Up x 3
  15. LibertyRevolution

Yes, of course I am exaggerating... "i has teh" wasn't a good enough give away, I should have tossed in a :rolleyes: too?
    Fact is though, I can win pretty much every 1v1 even if they get the drop on me if they are not a HA..

HA takes my sub par NC LA skill and made me into a godlike VS HA.. imagine that..
    Maybe I should make an Orion OP thread, or a Mattherson is easy mode thread..
  16. Nephi1im

Again, that doesn't match up to reality. Personal experience doesn't mean jack when the numbers say otherwise.

Are you just pulling numbers out of your ***? All but two SMGs do 125 damage, AKA 8 shots to kill without nanoweave. The fastest TTK of any SMG is 0.53 seconds. That is under perfect circumstances, with no nanoweave.

Again, you can "well my experience is X" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that HA is outperforming and out populating every other class. The people who made the thing didn't call it an "I win shield" for no good reason.
  17. Goretzu

This seems like the only sensible option post nerf.
  18. Posse

Funny that you say that, when looking at your last 100 deaths, there's not a single LMG in top 5 weapons that killed you, I'm seeing Carbines and SMGs (and a MAX weapon)

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  19. Goretzu

You did, you just didn't realise it at the time. :( :mad:
    • Up x 1
  20. Nephi1im

Source? Unless a dev said this, it just sounds like the way you use them, not their intended use. In fact, the change being implemented seems to imply that they AREN'T intended to be used reactively. Actually, unless you're saying the devs are crying.... They themselves called it an "I win shield".

This is more an issue of MAX balance. By this logic, if the nerf MAXes along with the HA shield, you'd be alright with it?

Wait, shotguns are overpowered? Strange since I'm pretty sure they are nowhere near the most used or most killed with weapons. Shouldn't be in the game? A) They have been with the franchise since the beginning. B) They have been in FPS games since the beginning.

I'd take medic "circle jerks" all day over rooms full of HA nooblets pointing 10 rocket launchers at every orifice of a base.

1) It sounds like you can't deal with shotguns, not so much anything having to do with HA.

2) I'm not sure where you're going with this one. Yes, being dumbfire insta killed by rockets gets old, but that's not even what the thread is about.