VS paid the Connery login server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FCBLiebe, Mar 21, 2014.

1. FCBLiebe

They have ~80% pop and it takes 5+ times to log into my TR characters. What do? :c They're air zerging everything, it's out of control D:
  2. Xenthana

No kidding.. Within the last few minutes I checked, it was 85% Vanu, 7% TR, and 8% NC.. I've said many times to friends that Vanu over-populate the server, being highest pop 90% of the time, but this is absolutely obsurd! :eek:
  3. Pikachu

Venu players have no shame. They all decided to bribe Higby.
  4. R4GING

I even got kicked out of the server and can't go back in...
  5. iller

I honestly can't tell the difference
    • Up x 1
  6. ZuraZaru

you could change server, let vanu play with themself
  7. Halcyon

Winner.

What do you think the spandex is for?
  8. Vodski

It was 45%NC 24%VS 21%TR before they restarted the server. Maybe VS did bribe the devs to only let them on o_O (if vs was at 80%+)
  9. 1st LT Wynn

so this evening i was kicked out while playing NC. when i tried to log back in it wont let me log back in. so i made a VS character in CONNERY and it let me log in. so is there a favoritism going on or what?
  10. PWGuy93

I have to say, I logged on as VS during this time, didn't look at the population before hand. When I had logged in I noticed the VS owned the maps and used he opportunity to get a little ESF flying training time in. It was wonderful, could actually leave the warp gate and fly around and get used to the terrain from high above. While this sucked for the overall players it was what all of us newb flyers wish for - being able to practice flying without instant death.
    • Up x 1
  11. LT_Latency

You know there is a VR right??
    • Up x 2
  12. P4nda

Technology equals Might! World Domination!

• Up x 1
  13. Eugenitor

PfffttAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  14. eatcow0

all hail alien technology and cookies
  15. FOXOsvk

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. Dieter Perras

well at least it's back to the normal 40% NC pop
  17. PWGuy93

Ya as big as the warpgate - absolutely pointless unless practicing how to land.
  18. AzureKnight

Wait what o_O
    Connery Population

I remember around that time they were force closing the servers, unless I'm getting my time frames screwed up. According to that graph, yesterday, at about 9:15 (UTC -6:00), a crash or that server shutdown happened that they broadcasted. the odd thing is that VS were the least affected by it. They had 150 pop after that crash while TR and NC only had 25.

An hour later, the VS had 749 players while the NC had 86 and TR had 79.

What the hell happened? I'll assume since the broadcast said something about closing servers, people stayed on regardless. Now, if everyone left since the broadcast was vague by saying "Shortly", while others stayed on, that could lead to why there would be a 100 player difference, but I don't get how the rest logged in.

What may have happened is something like with the Halo 2 multiplayer. That is, the servers couldn't be closed down or removed because people were still logged in. And since there were some logged in, 10:30pm UTC -6:00 is the time when the Asian VS log on on the weekends which means the massive flood of them logged in to a server that couldn't close down properly.

For whatever reason, US players couldn't connect, perhaps an IP based thing? Meanwhile if the Japanese players were using some sort of proxy server to connect for a better connection, maybe they connected easily to that allowing them on. It's probably some sort of complex issue.

This went on until the server was able to foreceably be closed.

Or perhaps what happened is more simple in that a bug occurred with a hotfix that made it so only VS could log in. Like, for instance, maybe the game didn't recognize that there was more than one faction. If the devs started out with VS as their first faction they designed and implemented in tests, something like that is possible.
  19. chuganaut

Many puppies were sacrificed to Lord Higby, hallowed be his name.
  20. P4nda

I think you're over analyzing. It was a hard server reset that upon startup, CTD'd any NC or TR players for some reason (personally verified). A work around was discovered that by switching your client language (personally verified), you could log back in (hence the unaffected Asian pop). No official announcement has been made regarding the issue though it was most likely a misplaced line of code or something. Or a conflicting command.

Also - Vanu won Connery. ;)