Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jalek

The positive side is that most lib pilots won't get out to flip a point, so if you abandon the base/outpost because of a lib, they'll just move somewhere else. Territory is important you know, at least it seems that way when warpgated and the outer turrets overheat with a single shot and don't seem to recover.
    • Up x 1
  2. Larolyn

And I am of the firm belief that 90% of people who pull Skyguards have no clue as to what they are doing. People always shoot their load too early. Have the mini map fully zoomed out and never shoot a target that does not appear on that mini map. If it is off the mini map you will deter, not kill. And you need to kill. And you need bait. You need a nest and you need bait. We do it frequently with great success. 2-3 Skygaurds, trigger discipline and bait. Air is never a problem, people who shoot their load too early are always a problem for us when we do AA duty. Seriously 4 Libs should be no match for 3 Skyguards working together if you are doing it right.
    • Up x 2
  3. Kristan

Helloooo!!! Welcome to this threaaad! We are talking about Liberators that flying at 500+ altitude and killing everything below with zero threat! Join the discussiooon!
    • Up x 1
  4. Larolyn

Oh and for the record, with practice, moving targets in the air are not a problem either.
    • Up x 1
  5. Larolyn

At 500 meters they can only shoot vehicles. Infantry is safe from them. So good luck to them libs. Infantry, last time I checked, are the only ones who can capture bases.
  6. Kristan

You're right! They can't kill infantry! (still they can descend a bit and start to) But ESFs and tanks that comes to the cleared up area do! And then come sunderers with infantry to finish the deal.
    • Up x 1
  7. Justicia

Wow I took that screenshot a very long time ago, when the turret was just released :)
  8. Larolyn

Then they had a better plan of attack than your defence could counter. Whining for nerfs doesn't change the fact that your defence could not hold out against their attack. You can't counter everything in this game by whine posts and nerf threads. Sometimes you have to admit defeat. A shame you can't do that with any grace or dignity.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kristan

You totally lost me there.

A had not a single word about NERFING Liberators. Stop misguiding yourself and people around. I want AA BUFF. Because it's ineffective.

If AA weapon can not do what it made for, it's ineffective! That's why Liberators rule. They FAR more effective at their role than Skyguards, bursters and A2A ESFs at AA role.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

one solution that i'd like as a engie... make AV turrets lock on anti air and anti vehicle and give them a greater range of motion and ability to rez on slopes. then let them shoot down libs from three miles away... he he...
  11. DQCraze

Need to bring back the old fire and forget A2A missiles. This would force people to use flares on their Libs and ESFs and give the less experienced pilots a tool to take out the mass air zergs.
  12. Deadreach

Listen Ace/Rambo/Chief/What ever you feel you are supposed to be. As a Single Infantryman. I repeat SINGLE FOOT MOBILE INFANTRY. Your not supposed to be guaranteed a air kill with a hand fired missile system. Your not supposed to be godlike and be able to stop armor columns and Air Raids with 1 launcher.

Your launcher cost at most. 1000 certs/700 SC. The Liberator Above keeping you pinned because you keep trying to stand in the open and lock on to it. cost the pilot upwards of 10k certs/21000+ sc, time/effort/and the ability to have 1/2 ppl helping out
    crew the damn thing.

It pisses me off when people feel like they should be the hard counter to anything manned with just a rocketlauncher. No. You want to take out a Liberator, YOU want airkills. Go fly your ESF. And Be smart. You know that most libs have Nanite repair/Fire Extuingisher/and a AA Tail weapon/ Attack from a distance with lockons, and use your range of nose cannon to your advatnage. Come from above and front. the Tail gunner cant get you well. The trick is staying mobile and teaming up. Your not going to score kills playing lone rocketeer. this game has a massive map with multiple spawnpoints. Even more now that sony has added different spawn room TPS to places. If respawning at "This base that is being swarmed" gets you killed. Spawn at the base 100m back and get organized to zerg/push back

Dont just come to the forums crying for more nerfs and re-evaluations of aircraft and for the others, Tanks. Because nothing pisses off people who came to this game for the vehicle play. to see it ruined by those who took a break from BF4/Other Shooter. and want it to feel like their game with lasers.

We put effort/time/money into our planes. you bought a rocket launcher. See my Balance issue?

-Deadreach
    • Up x 1
  13. Paisty

I certed my lib out well this week for 1700 certs, and 500 SC.

I spent just as much on my skyguard and more on my max.

You exaggerate way too much to be taken seriously.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pearss

idk bout u guys but most of the time when i fly lib their is a ESF sniping my lib and is nearly impossible to kill them smart pilots keep distance as for skygaurds the only way ive found to effective kill one is to sneak up behind tank buster then gunner finish other wise i am a dead gun baot. ALSO if they made it soooooo easy to kill a lib or esf why would anyone ever spawn them? its not like u can spam spawn if you are really upset about it just spawn one of your own.. or pull out that AA max 2 AA max in a spawn room shooting at a lib = most annoying thing ever
  15. Ttariel

SOE did its thing again
    Something needs a nerf/buff ? Lets give it 3
  16. Vufain

As a long time skyguard driver that has invested a great deal of certs and time into learning the vehicle it has been a bit frustrating at times since the Liberator Buff. I do not however think that damage needs buffed or nerfed in either way. However that said a single skyguard should be able to deter a single Liberator as it is its HARD counter. As it currently stands I have had several occasions where the liberator just turns around and takes me out without thinking twice.

As a skyguard you give up the ability to wage effective war on ground (minor AV/AI damage). While i'm in a skyguard I have to keep both eyes on the ground (for tanks and infantry) and sky for aircraft. A skyguard should be extremely effective in its role which is AA. Current deterrence/effectiveness vs galaxy and esf are fine and any changes here would be uncalled for. The only aircraft that is way out of whack is the liberator as it is both effective at ground and Air with the same equipment.

The AA max is fine where it is since you can revive it and change loadouts, there is no real problem to getting killed if you don't have multiple dual burster maxes helping you. You cannot revive a skyguard, nor can you change out its equipment. When you pull it you are stuck as a skyguard until you pull another.

What is needed here is something that makes the skyguard a serious threat to liberators without being unforgiving. A skyguard should be able to beat back a single liberator into fleeing but not outright kill it. I do agree it should take two skyguards to guaruntee the liberator kill but in the same breath a liberator shouldn't be able to just shrug off a skyguard either which i have seen frequently.

At this point in the game there are numerous skilled liberator crews which have become very effective at what they do no matter what type of threat. You can see this clearly when investigating the stats of said liberator gunners/pilots. I argue the liberator should not be a hard counter for a skyguard. Skyguards have many threats including infantry and ground vehicles.
  17. Chubzdoomer

I've always thought you should be able to change vehicle loadouts much like infantry. It would be awesome if you could take on an A2A role in an ESF to clear the skies of enemy fighters, then come back to an air terminal and switch to an A2G loadout to try and take out the ground units. Likewise, it would be great if (like what you alluded to) you could pull a Skyguard to neutralize air threats, then return to the ground vehicle terminal and revert back to HEAT shells or whichever ones you generally use for ground warfare. That's the single most frustrating thing for me is knowing that when I pull a Skyguard, I am completely and utterly useless against anything but aircraft. The thing can't even engage infantry worth a **** unless you're within a dozen feet of them. And yes, I know that you're meant to work as a team by having some Skyguards and some regular Lightnings/MBTs to assist with ground units, but that doesn't make it any less infuriating having a Skyguard when there's little to no air around or being stuck with a tank shell Lightning when air is pounding your face in.
  18. Monkeydmomo

Have you ever watched this film named "We were soldiers."? Yes? Well you're the Vietnamese troops that lack any type of air force and because of that got lit up by napalm. Who's fault was it? Theirs, because they weren't prepared. This game isn't infantry focused only buddy, either you adapt or die. Now shut your trap and take it in the ***.
  19. Greddy

Not any terrain... ground and rocks are not as OP as trees.
  20. Kristan

Another arrogant guy who haven't read further the first post. You won a medal, son. Be proud.
    • Up x 1