What is considered "good" weapon accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nerp, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Nerp

Just out of curiosity, I want to know what is thought of as "good" in terms of weapon accuracy.
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

100%-110%+
    • Up x 4
  3. Tommyp2006

For infantry weapons, 30%+ is very good. Around 20% is average. For ground vehicles, you 50%+ is doing good and not just spamming shots.
    It's hard to keep your infantry accuracy up when it counts every single shot, whether they were actually aimed shots or not. Plus perfect accuracy is very hard to have much control over when there's random COF.
  4. ToastyMan

20-25% is the average for most players. If your good with a certain weapon it should be up in the 30s. If you're pushing for auraxium really hard, it should be near the 35s.
  5. Liquidrider

20-30% IMO
  6. Paperlamp

Depends on the weapon and the range its meant to be used at.
    • Up x 2
  7. LordMatt XLVIII

Go to Dasanfall's stats site.
    • Up x 1
  8. DashRendar

You can use accuracy to feel good/bad about yourself, but the only thing the accuracy stat can really be used for is determining the average distance to target that you prefer to fight at. Only place this won't apply is maybe the top and bottom 10% of players.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liberty

Generally speaking, 18 - 22% is "average" for someone who engages targets at any and all ranges.

22-28 is generally above average. 28 - 36% is exceptional, assuming again you are engaging at all ranges.

If you are picking and choosing your targets out to no more than 20 - 30 M, 28 - 33% Is above average, 33 - 40% is MLG.

LMG's will usually have a bit lower accuracy than carbine/AR's by maybe 2 or 3 %.

On the DA stat site, you can also see someone's aim tendency as to how strongly someone aims towards the head. That can result in another 2 or 3 % lower "average" accuracy while still being pretty effective.
  10. Dis

shotgun > accuracy

Who cares.
  11. Rayden78

How do i get accuracy there?
  12. ZeroErrorz

aimbot acusasion is a good example of good weapon acuracy
    • Up x 1
  13. LordMatt XLVIII

Just look up your character and it'll give you an entire wall of info on your character performance, just do some eploring and you can find it pretty easily. You can also look up players you know are good and compare your stats.
  14. Flashtirade

It also depends on the weapon(s) in question. I know I have about 45% accuracy with Vanguard main barrels, but for infantry guns it's like half of that on average.
  15. Nanomorph

I reckon good accuracy is around 30% for automatic weapons and around 50% for single shot weapons.
  16. andy_m

My overall infantry accuracy is currently at 4.29% even though my lowest accuracy of my weapons is at 5%. Must be something to do with factoring in shots fired from turrets and vehicles.

My top weapons are sniper rifles so you would expect them to be high. My accuracy with those is around 45~47%. My headshot rate per shots fired is around 25%.

My SMG is at 16% and pistol is at 23%.

I wouldn't worry about accuracy of SMGs and the like because quite often you may firing blindly just to lay down suppression fire.
  17. NoInstructions

stats.dasanfall.com

Varies by the gun, you will get a grade based on all the people in the database. Also there is an infantry vs. infantry score that gives your overall acc minus bolt actions and shotguns and a few others.

There is a list somewhere in the FAQ or Help that tells you what percentile each grade puts you in.
  18. a4555in

Do bullets fired in the warpgate also count? I often unload some magzines of my GD-7f while waiting for a friend.
  19. NoInstructions

More than likely.
  20. KnightCole

Yeah, they count lol.