How can they possibly nerf us?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by AdamRah, Mar 19, 2014.

1. AdamRah

with the new straight pull bolt coming out we're going to become the strongest force in the game, is there any possible way they could nerf us? they destroyed semi auto scouts like my vandal with this attachment, but i still want a semi auto paralax :p
  2. Wobberjockey

[IMG]

YOU DO NOT TAUNT SOE!
    dear god we are going to be utter USELESS for the next 8 months because of this thread!
    GOOD GOD MAN! WHY!?!
    • Up x 2
  3. AdamRah

i'm cool with radarx he could keep the heat of us
  4. Ravenorth

Well, since its going to be the only viable rail option for sniper rifles, which only means that majority of snipers are just going to get nice little tunnel vision, so I´m going to enjoy even more easier sniper hunting.
    • Up x 4
  5. AdamRah

meh i don't see people camping with it, i see more mid range combat coming into play, and it is a two shot kill so i doubt someones going to stand there like a reetard ads'ing
  6. Godsmangamer

For advanced players what you say is very likely true but for lower level new to sniping they will be very, even extremely susceptible to this temptation. Making them even easier targets then before.:eek: (and aren't we supposed to be new player friendly);)
  7. Hoki

Meh, w/e

After I unlock the straight pull bolt on sniper rifles in BF3/BF4, I still scope out between shots.

Not to mention that all of the rifles are already straight pull bolts. (not counting VS batteries)

But because theres nothing else to put in that slot I suppose its just preference. Ofc I'll equip it, the question is, will I utilize it?

Probably a boon for the shorty bolt actions like the TSAR-42 or medium range 6x sniping with the faster tier 2s.
  8. Hoki

The class was heavily pre-nerfed so I wouldn't worry about it.
    • 100 less shields, unexplained, thats just the way it is.
    • Loud cloaking, so loud its gone through several patches to get it to the current state. I think its as quiet as its ever been. Still very audible.
    • Pre-nerfed weapon selections. The scout rifles were just terrible in the beginning and they had to be buffed several times to be as meh as they are now.
    • They couldn't possibly make cloak visibility as bad as it was during the age of low settings. Several patches getting it to where it is now. Darklight attachments are technically a nerf to cloak. Implemented due to stalker cloak, unjustly hurting hunter cloak.
    • FoF cloak coloring and faction specific cloaking sounds was a nerf to infiltration in general. Before then if you saw heard the cloak you didn't know if it was an enemy.
    • Your darts not only show up on the minimap with they scan pulse but also when their flying mid-air, giving away your direction.
    • The new death screen tells what direction your killer is so flanking isn't as rewarding anymore, even if you're silenced.
    • Scout radar shows cloaked infiltrators to everyone on the minimap, even deep cloaked stalkers. And has a stupidly ridiculously wide radius.
    Yeah, we got a lot of love recently, but honestly, besides SMGs, what is there to nerf? Seriously, what could they possibly justify nerfing anymore than it already is?
    There is a reason we got the first treatment, we were the most F'd up, pre-nerfed to hell class.
    Also they changed my goddamn claymores so that I can't hide behind them anymore, because the F'ing idiots that wanted to drop them on crowded sunderers whined about it. :mad:
    WHY U GET OUR CLAYMORES NERFED TR WHINERS :(
    • Up x 3
  9. Kerunian

Because it was a TR weapon getting kills. What other reason is needed for SOE to nerf us? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed NS weapons/gear used by TR.
  10. Vanon

I really don't think it's going to be the god item everyone wants to believe it will be. I'm expecting 70% of the snipers to forget to cloak, 80% to never leave their scope and 95% taking bad shots that reveal their location. I think there will be at least 50% that do all three. In other words, hunter cloak SMG, and counter snipers are going to have an easier time. I think for the 5% of the snipers that remember to cloak, take good shots and let go of the scope, they will have a good improvement.
  11. Plague Rat

You know what kills most people who try to semi-auto snipe? Scope Tunnel Vision.

You know what's going to get a lot of bolt action users killed very soon? Scope Tunnel Vision.

Seriously, I'm a semi-sniper and this is one of the most groan inducing thing I see on the day to day when I see people trying to use them. I have almost complete confidence that most of the bolt action users today aren't going to remember to regularly drop their scope once it stops being a mandatory part of the cycle. Not right away at least.
    • Up x 1
  12. Merakov

This attachment is only going to be usefull when I need to kill a really important target and I cant afford to wait for that HS opportunity so im just gonna 2 body shot them rly fast.Also for some BA mid range action.But apart from that the current decloak-shoot-cloak cycle is effective enough for me
    • Up x 1
  13. Vivicector

My Ghost waits for it. What can be better then cloaked scope that is not blocking the view and the ability to put fast successive shots?
  14. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

Within this patch, they're adjusting the hitbox of headshots so that it conforms to the larger helmets...meaning it exceeds the actual head itself. They could tighten that box back up and then provide us with a IRNV rail attachment in order to display an accurate outline of the head...

Here would be a straight downside to the pull-bolt attachment. Either you take the IRNV rail attachment...or you have to judge where that melon is in a larger helmet.
  15. Hoki

So the people hyping the **** out of this attachment, have you ever played battlefield?

It really isn't a big deal. It changes nothing really.
  16. Trilateral

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. Erendil

Nano Helmet?