Thoughts on where this game is headed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VengeanceD, Mar 17, 2014.

1. DQCraze

2. Samblak

This game cannot be heading anywhere that great , it's Saturday 1pm est on Matherson and there is 1 decent battle with more than 24+ going on . This is after I just looked at all 3 continents
  3. Phyr

Are you from the future?
    • Up x 3
  4. DQCraze

The Oracle has spoken....
  5. hawken is better

Now, I'm assuming that you already know what I'm going to ask you. But, I'll ask it anyway: what are reasonable conclusions? Don't disappoint.
  6. GoyoElGringo

This game should never have tried to become and esport. It's a PVP only MMO, which means the game has to pander to new players and average players to stay alive and to be entertaining. Skill is irrelevant, it's about utilitarianism. A small group of elite players don't get to decide the fate of PS2, it's not even viable in the long run.

There are hardcore competitive FPS out there, people should be playing those instead of trying to get PS2 to become more hardcore. Simply put, the game is incapable of becoming that way as an MMO. If they gave up on the MMO idea, they might be able to do that.

People are here playing PS2 because it's an MMO. That's what it comes down to. If you are here for the competitive scene, you are cheating yourself because there are game that do that far better.
    • Up x 1
  7. BoomBoom4You

What I read: They're nerfing the HA shield, wahhh, wahhhhh
  8. Harbinger

Judging from the last year of development, Planetside 2 will never become the great game it could have been. It is too geared towards a F2P model, too geared towards more casual play to actually have an intense and strategical grand-scale war. It's Battlefield on a larger scale, nothing more.
    • Up x 1
  9. Biytor

Bingo. Fragfest with no strategy and little to no tactics at all. PS2 is a pale shadow compared to its predecessor.
  10. BillBoBaggins

It's either join the zerg or get crushed.This is just a numbers game,the more you got the more win.Get's old and boring very quick.
    Zergs are just for 13 year old kids jacked up on energy drinks.Mindless.
  11. umbrellapower

So basically you want SOE to fund and put in dev hours to support the competitive community, I'm guessing? While it could be done, you're asking an understaffed dev team in charge of a casual F2P MMOFPS to support something that runs counter to the actual game. It doesn't make sense for them to do it. It also doesn't even make sense for competitive FPS players to want to play this game, if your plan to get more exposure to build up an actual competitive scene. Why play a game that has both a very shallow skill gap between good and players and a very low skill ceiling? Why not just play Quake or CS?
  12. Goden

SOE has constantly been sacrificing the game-play integrity to appease certain player-groups or simply just their own wallets. Both of which end up with a boatload of very unhappy players. There hasn't been much discussion about it for the longest time but I'm now seeing threads popping up about server merges. It seems like it's that time again. SOE's lack of desire to actually make this a long-lasting and friendly game experience is, once again, resulting in a shedding player-base as people leave and new players don't stick around.

I'm not saying they should change the entire game based around what the forums say (that would be a horrible idea, really) but there are certain issues where the community clearly stands in unanimous agreement. SOE does not give A SINGLE DAMN about ANY of it. They will have none of it. It takes substantial sub and player losses before SOE budges an inch on any of the major issues and it's almost always too late by that point.
    • Up x 1
  13. P4nda

I disagree on some points and agree with others.

What I don't understand about the MAX whining is why people perceive it to ruin infantry play. It doesn't. It's so easy to counter MAX crashes. Prox mine the route to the gen, call your LA C4 players to redeploy, tell everyone to target their engi's and medics first, get heavies to stockpile AV grenades, have your engis lay turrets in the doorways and have your MAXs focus on theirs. Unless a MAX crash is mustered fast, secretly and they head immediately to the point or gen room, they'll be wiped extremely fast. See it time and time again.

If you run into resource problems on a continent with no resource gain, stockpile. Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile. It's really that simple. 40 of every deployable in the game is an advantage few people seem to use. On death resupply whatever C4/grenade/medkit you just used, and don't waste deployables left and right.
  14. Negator

This is a lack of you and your outfit being able to think outside the box. Your outfit had 2% log in the last 7 days, which is a clear indicator.
  15. Gav7x

Frankly i have seen better strategies in battlefield then planetside
  16. LibertyRevolution

The only end game I want them to put into planetside2 is that when you cap a base, it locks it from being taken for 10mins.
    That way the battle you just won has some meaning.

This would not stop you from being able to fight at that base, just that you couldn't flip the point.
    So your team can move up without fear of having to go re-secure the base you just won.
  17. Roland2TowerCame

I like changing mechanics, adapt or die more often.
  18. GoEErs

Thank you Ash87. Good points. I understand some of your frustrations. I'm a Halo guy and made the switch to PC Gaming after 343i turned Halo 4 into a train wreck. I found Planetside 2 just by accident on YouTube watching one of Oblivion Arrives massive videos. I have come to enjoy the game quite a bit even with some of the quirks that it has.

I'm progressing as a player and trying new things like flying. I hate to fly but need to be able to in order to counter if needed. I hated playing INF but got the Vandal and have been relatively pleased with playing that class. I really don't play medic much. I'll work on that one last. There are just so many things you can do in this game that only playing one class seems pointless and those that do are putting themselves in a box. Do other things. Play other classes. Explore the limits the game has for each of us as players. I know I am and hope others will also. I want to be well rounded and able to hold my own against higher skilled players. And playing on Mattherson has made me double my efforts to be as complete a player as possible.

Everyone has their own opinion about the game and that's the way it should be. VengeanceD has every right to his opinion and I wouldn't have it any other way. I poked fun at him for really only playing one class but if that's what he wants from the game then that's fine but the potential is there to have so much more. As I said, the game isn't being used to it's full potential by everyone. Some won't and that's fine but some of us see that we have a gem in the ruff. I for one am happy to give them how much ever time they need to get it right. In the meantime please watch out for the Mossy that's flying upside down. It's probably me.:eek:
  19. Biytor

Should tell you something that only 2% have been on in 7 days. Means the game is shallow and has little to offer tactical and strategic players. Has no depth to it and is all about the Zerg. He who has the most, wins.
  20. Negator

it only tells me that the experience your outfit gave you lacked depth and therefore couldnt keep its players entertained.

youre welcome to join us via the link below.