Game frames stuttering

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Chauma, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Chauma

Hello

I've been playing PS2 since it's beta and up and till about a week ago, the game has worked fine for me. Now however, after i had not played for a couple of days and then downloaded the latest patch and all, the gameplay is "stuttering/chopping"... it's always there but most noticeable when running/operating a vehicle, especially aircrafts.. that just doesn't even work any more. It's like.. it's skipping frames so it freezes for 0,2 sec and continues and if i watch third person when flying, the aircraft itself looks like it's chopping frames a lot as i make turns. Don't know how to describe it very well, the game feels like a jagged landscape now when playing.

I've tried downloading new drivers but nothing changed and this just appeared out of nowhere... computer itself is working as it always has since i bought it, no changes and as far as i can see, it's only in PS2 where things go bonkers.

So i'm guessing it had something to do with the patch because what else? any ideas?
  2. pirron

I have exactly the same problem.
    I can't play like that at all and I'm guessing if not enough people will complain about it then fix is not coming anytime soon. GL to both of us as I think we will need it :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Chauma

Yeah... as of now, i won't be playing until it gets fixed.. if it ever does. Just going bonkers when playing, cant drive/fly for **** and barely aim at most of times
  4. y077er

I have just started getting this problem today on PTS and the crazy thing is that when I activated FRAPS to record it the stuttering disappears untill I switch FRAPS off again.
    Could this be a clue as to what the problem is?
  5. queue

I have had this for the last week. My FPS monitor goes 40 for 2 seconds, then 30 for two seconds, then 40, then 30, and so on.

during the transitions from one speed to another the game feels as if the input is lagging behind and then catches up when the FPS stabilzes so the game feels like I am playing at 0.9x speed and then 1.1x speed and going back and forth. It is very subtle but enough to annoy the crap out of you.

I've noticed that it doesn't happen, or rarely happens while in the warpgate.
  6. Faerrus

I am having the same problem after logging in for the first time in the last few months...

At the warp gate I am seeing 30-40 fps, and yet the game is stuttering quite badly. It is almost as if frames are being dropped in bunches.

I will try combat for a little while, but if the stuttering persists I may have to shelf the game for a while until it is fixed.
  7. Kangaaxx

I have been getting this stuttering since PU02. No confirmation about a fix from the devs so far.
  8. Chauma

Bump, Well "good" to know i'm not alone with this weird issue... we need a fix for whatever it is!