Scheduled Maintenance March 18th 6 AM PDT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 17, 2014.

1. RazoRaptor

Will the missing Auraxium Certs be granted? I didn't get full 200 certs for my Blitz Auraxium
    Will the freezing be fixed? It gets annoying when you're driving and suddenly find yourself driving off a cliff
    Will the survey be available to the players who didn't receive it? I want a free camo :p
    Will the player death screen showing the previous killer be fixed? So funny when I die to tank and it shows an infil as my killer.
    Will the ping spikes be stabilized? At point blank I find myself having to empty an entire 50 round SMG mag to get the kill.
    • Up x 9
  2. RazoRaptor

Wow! Big save. I thought my mouse was broken. So it's just the game :/
    • Up x 3
  3. TerroR1337

@Luperza

Losing medal certs will be granted?
  4. Artifex78

And this is p2w because...?
    • Up x 8
  5. SirJMD

"Members only double XP event from March 28th through 30th."

The number of double xp weekends is probably unchanged, but now you have to pay to get it... Final straw for me.. I'm never going to pay a single cent to SOE again.

You some serious issues in the way you run this game. The number of players will show that.. it's falling, and it falling hard, right?
    • Up x 2
  6. Lude86

Does this refer to the Nvidia issues with the two latest drivers (334 and 335)? I had to downgrade my nvidia driver to 332 to get the game stable.
    So will it be safe to upgrade to the latest nvidia driver again or does this fix some other issues?

I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on this one (but it's probably not just me who would appreciate it ;) ).

Oh and by the way: I don't have a subscription (I once used to have one for 6 month), but I don't actually mind the member only double XP weekend. Come on guys, they have to pay their bills too. It ain't that bad.
    I rather have a few enemies grinding a bit faster than two developers less, who had to be fired and will ultimately result in either bugs staying longer in the game or less new content.
  7. Imthehunter

Members only double xp isn't quite pay-to-win. So far the whole members thing has been much, much closer to pay-for-convenience, and I wouldn't say this differs from that direction at all.

I'd be much more worried about now being able to buy infantry weapon optics with smedbux. It's a very small step, but in the wrong direction and towards a very slippery slope.

Thank god for the crash fixes though!
    • Up x 7
  8. Seuchensaal

You are able to play on as you played before. No differences. Others just get a little bit more XP than you. They get no rainbow-colored death-rays... no instant-death laserpointers... no supernova-resistant super-armor.

Just a bit more XP. This has nothing to do with P2W in my opinion.
    • Up x 7
  9. seffard

I loosened my (overclocked) memory timings on BIOS to sort the memory leak issue out and now i may have hickups once in a while but its not annoying and it doesnt crash anymore.
  10. Brogan9001

What about the the bug for the steam client of PS2 being unable to buy SC in game? Ever since last update I just see a blank screen if I click "get SC" while running the game through steam.
  11. IamnotAmazing

what about a refund? You guys owe me 400 certs!
  12. Zeverouis

What about this bug or the fact that when I go to a freaking biolab, it'll continue to let me know about the SCU status even though I've moved on to another base already, or that it'll let me know what's up with A B and C waaaay after I've already moved on?
    • Up x 2
  13. sucoon

oh yeah pls i want that rainbow-colored death-rays so hard and it should have the sound of a lightning....

membership change nothing until you are hunting for xp-leadership.
  14. B3cker

1. What about the certs for the other medals? I know they are not much, but I'm still missing 20 certs for a gold medal.
    2. What about the freezes?
    3. What about invincible bug?
    4. What about the new death screen, that makes stealth completely impossible?
    5. What about Player Studio Items for PSG-Accounts?
    6. What about all the unnecessary infiltrator nerfs? Reduce the cloaking sound and visibility already!
    7. Why are members now getting an even bigger advantage?
    8. Why are you back now Luperza?
    • Up x 2
  15. PastalavistaBB

The funny thing with the Members only Double XP Events is, that most probably Premium Subscribers that pay for it won't be able to enjoy it because of constant server crashes/lag/desynch etc that occurs on every Double XP Weekend. Not to forget the occasional weekend hackers.
  16. BillBoBaggins

If the people who abused the invincible bug do not get punished then the next bug that comes along i am gonna abuse the hell out of it.No risk of punishment will make people do it even more in the future.
  17. MooMMooM

you need to click run this program as an administrator planetside 2 exe and the launchpad and start that will work like what i did i can now buy again sc in steam
  18. FliegerPanzer

Member only double XP? You think we will get member for this? No I planned to get member and I will not get it and I will not even pay your moneygrabcarer company single cent. "More money money" I will not give your grabmoney company single cent. You can not go far with such things. NOW NO DOUBLE XP FOR NORMAL PLAYERS? GO AWAY, I DONT CARE!
  19. Cromell

• Up x 1
  20. whitupiggu

Certs are direct upgrades and the ones that gain them faster are at a significant advantage. Each month a sub will now get at minimum 125% XP for 3 days.