Briggs Server Delay

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fiikery, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Fiikery

Does anybody else experience delay on the Briggs lately ?
    I start to notice today (22.7.2013), there alot of players warping around, and ton of vehicle(including tanks) flying around randomly.
    Is it just me or the server getting lag.
    I ping the server, there alot of packet loss, but the ping remains same as before.
    Is it just me or the server getting lag ? Hope someone can help me with this problem.
    Would love to play this game soon or later.
    :(
  2. ghnurbles

Might just be you, I haven't had any issues recently.
  3. Neopopulas

Its improved over the last week but recently i've had a lot of lag and a LOT of login lag. basically when i log in to the character it takes AAAGES to go through. Also when i spawn the firs time it takes ages for the assets to load as well. I have a 1MB (supposedly) connection and a pretty sweet-*** computer so it shouldn't be that.
  4. Masterofm

Right now this seems to be happening to players on all servers. It didn't seem to be a problem for players until the last patch it seems. There was someone on SOE who said they are aware of the problem that it is happening to some, but not all players and they are "looking into it." That was last Wednesday.
  5. TSR AlexS Customer Service

6. Fiikery

Oh yes, I pinged all the other servers and they all just doing fine, but when it comes to Briggs, it was terrible.
    I'm confused with this because Briggs is the nearest server for me.
  7. MaCritz

Yup, I played Woodman server and it was like LAG FREE!!! Switch to Briggs, I was like "WHAT IS THIS PLACE??!!"

So enough nonsense about being on the players side or MY SIDE.. IT IS OBVIOUSLY BRIGGS!! OKAY?!! IT'S UNDENIABLE, SOE!!!
    NO MORE EXCUSES!!

(btw I'm from Malaysia)
  8. onadinz

man! my first server is Briggs seems im from SEA, so i thought at least the ping is good but damn!! this server so lag and almost 20secs chat delay, then i try other server like connery which is far from my country. but well it was lag free.. my question is why the nearest server is lagger than anyone..........
  9. daveske

After playing this game since release it has steadily gone down hill with the biggest issues seeming to culminate around release of patches.

A larger effort needs to be undertaken by the staff to correct the issues on briggs and the game in general. I understand a free to play game will have issues from time to time and I am the type of player to support the developers of games I enjoy (one year membership and SC purchases) however recently the following issues have brought the game to a point where it is no longer enjoyable to play.

A list of a number of the very common issues on briggs (unsure if these all translate to other PS2 servers)
    1. Log in servers. Briggs has an average of 1-2 disconnects and 10-15minute wait time to simply login during prime time. It is simply unacceptable.
    2. Frequent stuttering. The game continues to freeze for half second periods which when maneuvering vehicles in pin point locations or during close quarters infantry is not only devastating but incredibly frustrating.
    3. Lag spikes. No description needed.
    4. Player warping. Suspected to be linked to #3. Players who models run into the ground, or appear from nowhere, are so common that it occurs at every base you fight at. My favorite recently is the max's which are permanently crouched or the infantry which is both a moving corpse and normal player all in one. If you are a good player with good aim, expect 15-20 rounds to kill someone from point blank range.
    5. Disconnecting to desktop with no error or apparent reason. Enough said.

I like many others have chosen to leave the game until these issues are fixed. Hopefully if enough members cancel their subscription and voice their concerns the powers to be will take these issues are a higher priority. (cause honestly, the stuttering started how many months ago and still no word on a fix or solution, that's just plain unacceptable).

Peace out.