Game freeze at 6 hours play?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HotPepperDelivery, Mar 16, 2014.

1. HotPepperDelivery

Hey guys my game suddenly freeze at 6 hours play I don't know why but my system run everything stock that include the cPU as well, so the freeze started at today night after 6 hours play which is the game freeze but I can still move my mouse also the sounds on the background still continued so I have no choice force to close planetside 2 from the task manager so can anyone help me with this issue? By the way im using Intel HD 4600 which is can run at 1920 x 1080P but I have to turn the resolution down to get playable framerate and also this game is using 5.1GB / 8GB of my RAM after 6 hours play so can anyone help me with this?
  2. HotPepperDelivery

Can anyone help me?
  3. romandoggie

Probably just needs a break to be honest :p 6 hours is a looonnng time
  4. blampoet

I shudder to ask...
    how many times have you had the game freeze up on you after 6 straight hours of play?

anyway.... whow... they should make an unlockable reward for 6 hours straight play.
    my wife would kill me. ;)

(unrelated)
    what fps do you get with your HD4600?
    what graphical settings?
    and what's the CPU?
  5. noobindo

:eek:
    [IMG]
    Maybe the game just is not designed for this. Try to play for 5.5 hours.
    • Up x 2
  6. HotPepperDelivery

@blampoet only yesterday at night the game freeze but I can still move my mouse and the freeze is not hard we're I have to force to shut down my system, but I will keep my eye on this issue to see if it happen again also @noobindo so you mean that this game are not design for people to play such long period time?
  7. JonboyX

I just don't think anyone else has managed even half that without a crash. You'd be better offering other people advice on how to keep it running that long!
  8. CapperDeluxe

Consider yourself lucky, I crash about every 1-2 hours.
  9. gobbybobby

I also see a crash around every 2 ish hours.
  10. HotPepperDelivery

@JohnboyX I don't know how I made the game runs long for such a period of time, but the only things that I did is turn on the pc, login in to the windows, open CPUID HWMONITOR for temperature monitor, and then lauch the game usual, and that is
  11. Bullborn

64 bit client will probably fix your issue. Its on PTS now so shouldn't be *that* long I guess.

Game crashes after x hours because it runs out of available memory on a 32 bit client. The higher your texture quality, the faster it crashes.

I can tell when it is going to happen because my last one or two loading screens will have the picture replaced by a solid green colour.
  12. noobindo

Current game version 0.110. Most software with version number <1 considered a beta version.
    And my loading screen turns yellow:)