Is the new death screen staying? or can we turn it off?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zar, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Zar

I Have no delusions this will get shut down but a nice response before that happens from the devs would help.
    Clear cut yes or no is the new death screen staying or if it is can we get an option to turn it off?
    all i ask. if the answers is yes and no in that order then i can leave and never come back. with no ill will just let me know so i can give up hope and move onto a new game.
    P.S no the death screen is not a oh my god the game is ending mechanic but it does cheapen the feel of the game and for me its kinda the last straw not a big deal by itself but combined with a dev team that seems to care about social media more then the game they are running or its player base or testing just isn't for me.
    Once again not saying do it my way or the game is doomed
    Just saying i disagree with the way the devs are going and this game seems to be not for me anymore.
    Just yes or no from soe forumsiders can say what they want but know nothing about this only the devs do.
  2. Elrobochanco

Probably won't get any response from devs until next week. But even then on FNO they said they planned to let it percolate for "weeks".

Whether you like it or not, the fact that it's not optional and was cast upon us in its current form, is pretty butts. Hopefully they'll actually acknowledge the vitriol and let us have more control over how in your face it is.
  3. Zar

yeah i mean no ill will just it bugs me so if it is gonna stay ill take a break maybe quit but i wouldn't make the choice right away for now i think a break will let my head cool.
  4. OgreMarkX

Please give an option to turn it off. Overkill guys. It's overkill. I don't need an MLG graph EVERY SINGLE TIME I DIE.

In fact, I don't need an MLG ANYTHING AT ANYTIME.

Go...go...go off and worry about your Action Per Minute in some StarCraft Anime Show or somethingf.
  5. Krayus_Korianis

Not sure what all the bicthin' is for.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fox234

Its probably staying. SOE isn't known for pulling features because of whining or even legit crying. Take SWG for example.

In the end thee death screen isn't as contested as people like to think. I would say its pretty even for and against. The most vocal are just here ForumSide.
  7. MostlyClueless

Just press space-bar when you die and you don't have to offend your eyes with a death screen. You can get rid of it before it even appears, I've done that accidently enough times when using TS to know.

Or just.. you know... get over yourselves. It's just a graph.

I really like being able to see my opponents Suit Slots and Attachments now, that's a nice touch and occasionally baffling when I'm killed at long range by non-slug shotguns.
    • Up x 3