NC: Opinions on the current AC-X11 and Reaper DMR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hibiki54

Read PU2 patch notes. Did I not just indicate to read the patch notes?
  2. MurderBunneh

With HVA it gets 650ms. Per PU2 patch notes. It also got it's moving ADS penalty lessened so it is more accurate then the SAW while moving.
  3. Grimtou

I just auraxiumed the ac-x11...the weapon is not for long range, the weapon is for ranges where it's hard to miss a head shot.

It won't stand toe to toe with other cqb carbines, but it's really just about positioning yourself correctly to fire the first shot. After they buffed reload speed, its pretty solid in hectic engagements.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheKhopesh

I love the Reaper DMR.
    The feel of the slower rate of fire is just something I like.
    It's personal preference, but I just feel more at ease with it.

That said, it IS outclassed by any AR, carbine, or LMG with a 700-750 RoF (and many that are higher as well. Just look at the TAR! I've had the thing for forever and LOVE using it on my TR).

-At CQC this is obvious to all.
    -At medium range you have to just burst 3 or 4 rounds per 2 fired "single fire" from the reaper (This is quite easy to do, provided you're both of the same skill level, you'll win).
    -At long range, their pretty well tied (Again, you have to be of equal skill. If the guy with the Reaper is just better, or gets the drop on you, obviously he'll win. As he would with any other gun).

But all in all the Reaper DMR is quite usable.
    (As is the Saw. I don't use the AC-X11 often though, so I won't comment on it much.)

And yeah, the Reaper DMR, Gauss Saw, and AC-X11 should all have VERY high velocity.
    In fact, ALL NC weapons should.
    (I understand having exceptions. Sniper/scout rifles, shotguns, rocket launchers, and anything else that would be obviously too powerful. Even SMG's would have to be carefully limited in this regard. Though I would they also get an extra few meters a second).

But the base weapon types (Carbines, Assault Rifles, and Light Machine Guns) should beat the other sides' weapons in the velocity department.

The NC utilizes Gauss Acceleration technology in their guns.
    Extreme emphasis on the "Acceleration" part of that.

By definition this means that ANY gun that had gauss tech in it would have a faster bullet.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fox234

I used to love the DMR, now its trash. At least in my hands.
  6. vsae

I honestly tried to auraxium the SAW and going full headshots. Only to realize that to land headshots consistently with the SAW you have to tapfire, not just burstfire, but literally fire a single shot each time. I like the precision type weapons even in extreme CQB because I always ADS. I dont understand why SOE decided to balance the 200 tier damage supposedly long range guns with random horizontal recoil which renders them useless past mid range.
    Same goes for AC-X11, which is useless past mid range
  7. Bankrotas

As LA, I'd rather go with Cyclone/shotgun and Gauss Compact S. As medic, GR-22 is more usefull than Reaper, though Reaper is the only place, where 200/500 damage model is working in synergy IMO
  8. lilleAllan

I just started using the AC-X11 after getting auraxium on GD-7F, Merc and Razor.
    Loadout: Adv. grip, HVA.

• Pros: AC-X11 deals 200 dmg pr shot, which is nice of course. And it has the perfect CoF when standing still, like the SAW.
    • Cons: Outside that, it's worse than the merc/Razor in every way. The Razor especially is far superior at longer ranges.

So this is basically a replacement for the Merc, but with worse moving CoF, reload, velocity, recoil reduction etc. It's sort of like SAW vs EM6. Except the SAW doesn't have terrible bullet velocity.

I still think it's pretty ok outside the wack velocity. But not great.

Conclusions: Razor still king of NC carbines.
  9. KnightCole

650 with hva? nice.
  10. Aegie

Never bothered with NW, especially on my LA (AP all the way) and I tend to use both of these weapons as long range with 4x+Compensator+Foregrip+HVA. You have to practice to get used to the drop on the AXC-11 because with both of these it will come down to whether you can land enough head shots to keep them competitive. Also, as much as possible I would recommend to avoid firing at long range targets moving with a fair amount of relative horizontal motion because the ROF will make these targets far more difficult than any others.
  11. Torok

I played the AC-X11 after the PU02 and had a BLAST with it, rushed the auraxium in an average-good time played and enjoyed it at the point that more than once i screamed at my outfit members "God this gun is GOOD!" But that was playing only that gun, If I were to pick up a carbine now I'd go for the NS-11C all day long, being a jack-of-all trades player I don't prefer to play a gun that requires sustained practice over the time, I much rather go for more accurate guns when picking saltuary loadouts.
    This to explain you that the AC-X11 and the Reaper are guns in their own category, the NC has one good arsenal, but with such different guns comes different gameplays, those two incite to a more brained mid-range gameplay and some practice at leading targets, projectile speed is that low aye.
    When you get the hang of them you're gonna love them, but they're just not a loadout you pull out every now and then.
    Hope this helps.

Also as stated above, you don't have an overshield, so even though stats might be similar to the godsaw, the class they're on changes everything :p

I concur, the default Gauss rifle with a 3.4 is an amazing medium-long range weapon, the burst variant a lot less unfortunately, when the second shot goes higher than the guy's figure you're shooting at it means that in no way you are supposed to be shooting at him in 2x burst :D
  12. Hosp

Personally, I don't like em as they're a better long(er)-range weapon and are less forgiving up close. But I have outfit mates that swear by them.
  13. BoomBoom4You

They're just OK guns, slow ROF and high vertical recoil make them difficult to control. Once you get the hang of it, they can be good, but I'd take a high ROF gun over them any day. They are definitely better than they were now that they have 24 rounds each (used to be just 20).

I don't know why, but for some reason everyone swears 200 dmg guns are the best ever, I think it's an optics thing, the 200 dmg and 500 ROF is a longer time-to-kill than a "standard" TR weapon at 143 dmg and 750 RoF.

TL;DR -- Good weapons, nothing great.
  14. Eyeklops

I think many players struggle with this concept, and try to use the X11 at some of the farther ranges the SAW is good at. When it doesn't perform as well as the SAW at range they put the gun into the "junk" category, which is sadly not true. I have found the X11 to be an incredible gun with a 2X, comp & grip inside 50m, landing one or two headshots in a burst usually = win.
  15. MykeMichail

Three main points to consider with AC-X11:

- Damage drops off to 143 damage (compared to Reaper and Gauss SAW which only drop off to 167)
    - Slow projectile speed - slower than a Merc
    - Massive moving cone of fire

This is what makes this weapon a bad choice. In close ranges, you're better off with just about any weapon. If both weapons are still getting their minimum bullets to kill, then you're better off using the faster rate of fire weapon.

If you're an exceptional shot, can always hit the head, and don't mind having to stand still to get decently accuracy, then this is a good weapon. However I wouldn't say the 'skill-in : power-out' ratio is superior on this weapon. It requires significantly more skill than something like the Merc (due to high bloom, heavy verticle recoil), but won't really reward you with significantly better outcomes.
  16. Epic High Five

The X11 is actually a very respectable weapon on the move. Compared to the bread and butter CQC carbine for the NC, the 7F, it has slightly worse hipfire on the move but slightly better accuracy ADSing, and considering the recoil is minimal and almost entirely vertical, it can take a laser with no penalty.

Combine the low ROF and perfect first shot, the bloom over time is actually considerably better than any other 750+ gun you care to name.

It's an incredibly powerful and versatile gun. The worst you can say about it is that you can't just spray it everywhere, but that's the case with a lot of guns the best players choose like the SVA-88 and any of the NS weapons
  17. Luighseach

Yeah that is the sad thing about both those weapons. The Reaper is a good gun but the stock Guass is more versatile and better in most situations. I don't own the Reaper because of the fact that I prefer to stay close as a Medic and it doesn't fit my play style but some medics in my outfit swear by the Reaper even though they would rather use the Carnage and more recently the GR-22

AC-X11 is worse off than the Reaper though. The GD-23 is a far superior gun at range than the X11. Also at mid to close range you have the Mercenary which is a beast of a weapon in the proper hands. Of course to round it out you have the GD-7F which will shred anything at 10m.

The X11 really just doesn't have its place. If your amazing with the gun you can put a laser on it and go for the head but honestly it is not as effective as you would think unless you get 3 in a row which is easier said than done. At least the Reaper can carry its damage out and be really effective at range even though the Guass on the medic is good I find the Reaper better at ranges. However as an Engi I would rather use the Razor for range.
  18. rogviir

I've gotten my saw auraxed and my acx11 auraxed and i can say right now the acx 11 is just a niche weapon really only used for the novelty. Sure it gets kills and sure it can potentially put out a lot of damage but the mercenary is better in every single way. Acx11 is more of a challenge weapon to use not a serious gun. As for the reaper, I just can't bring myself to use it when the carnage is just so much better. I use it for like 10 mins and the switch back to the carnage. Again just a weapon to use as a challenge not for serious play.
    • Up x 1
  19. Akeita

You don't play medic just for the gun ( there is people who do thou ), I always run rez nade and bandolier with medics. Once you learn how to get a good angle and ambush peoples with jetpack, you can just throw nanoweave away and get an ammo belt. Nanoweave is generally a way to go when you starting out LA ( well, C4 but if you failed to C4 a tank and he spot you, you're dead anyway, flak is useless ) or ADS if you are good at disengage.
  20. Epic High Five

As easily said as done, in fact! 6 round burst, 25-30m I'd say (the third line back from the dummie), no recoil compensation, just laser used

[IMG]

Just like with the SAW, just aim for the chest and the gun will do the rest!