Which is the best faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViruZX8X, Mar 15, 2014.

1. ViruZX8X

I t
    I think i change to TR now...
  2. GaBeRock

From what little I've seen with my nc alt, cobalt occasionallt gets TR overpops, but you'll need that confirmed by someone else who plays there.
  3. Paperlamp

That is what I mean. The bullet travels fast, but it doesn't immediately shoot when you pull the trigger. There are upsides and downsides to this, but it's going to be tricky to use and many people don't like it.

The VR training area's targets are all standing still, so it's harder to notice there. Against moving targets it will be more noticeable.

Would absolutely not recommend the T5-AMC to a new player. It is one of the highest TTK guns and if you aren't aiming for headshots you will do poorly. Its terrible for close ranges/ CQC which is harder for new players to deal with since PS2's infantry combat tends to be close range heavy unless you're intentionally avoiding it and know how to do so effectively.

It's not even a good mid-long range gun relatively, its only real upsides are not having as much horizontal recoil as most TR carbines, and having high velocity for a carbine(typically low velocity guns). NC's default carbine is a way better all-around gun for mid-ranges while having shorter time to kill up close. The Razor on NC is also just a better version of the T5 essentially, being more accurate for burst firing and having lower horizontal recoil and low vertical for a 167 damage per bullet gun.

Really what I'm saying is the T5 AMC is garbage and I only have auraxium with it because it's the only mid-long range option TR has for carbines.

Jaguar is what any new TR should aim for as their first carbine purchase on TR. 250 certs, no right angle bias, easy to hip-fire, and passable at closer mid-ranges, and that's the range most infantry engagements will be until you get more intimate game/base knowledge.
  4. Chipay

Average KPU, meaning that TR as a faction is 100% more effective at kills per unit
  5. Wyll

I've always been found of 3/4. but some people like 1/2....

Oh, you said faction. Sorry.
  6. Gendomaoken

I would like to disagree on you opinion on T5 and Cycler TRV. After playing for a VERY long time on NC, these weapons feel fantastic to me. Accurate, precise and deadly. Maybe its thanks to having alot of experience in the game, but i love TR guns alot, and i dont feel not feel like they were as underwhelming as some people make them.
    But you got me curious here, ill get Jag myself to test it.
    Back to the topic.
    You will get survey on every new character now, which basically means you get 2 free weapoons. A shotgun, and one weapon of selected class( but to recieve the choice, after finishing quiz you need to use option to choose different ). So we can say, you got some ground to start from, thanks to that.
  7. Paperlamp

I didn't give an opinion on the TRV.

Also if you haven't used the Jaguar yet, I can't help but doubt you have a lot of experience with the game or at least TR. It was the go-to, most popular by a landslide, carbine for the TR - still is even after nerfs probably.

There's also no way anyone that plays NC thinks the T5 AMC is actually good. I refuse to believe it, they are straight up lying or they haven't used the NC carbines or the T5 AMC enough to judge.

Any time someone plays a new faction I swear they have this weird honeymoon period where they think it's amazing and don't understand what any of them are complaining about. Maybe you're in that phase. Because T5 AMC is just statistically an inferior pile of trash to most NC carbines.
  8. Gendomaoken

I dont like to trash our newbie friends topic with this. But i use that gun effectively in hipfire AND long range, and its really good. I dont understand hate of TR players for their weapons. Honeymoon effect can affect TR players who test NC weapons aswell.
    But again. Lets stop it. Lets just agreed that IF our friend starts playing TR, he should get Jaguar for engi, and Cycler TRV for medic. And additionally test T5-AMC in VR training. Most important is, what weapons HE feels are good for him.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ivalician

Purely from an infantry perspective since I don't play anything else really:

My favourite weapon category are weapons that fall into the 750 RPM, 143 damage model. I feel like these weapons are very controllable, and not lacking in any category except very long engagements ( 55 m+ ). TR has the most of these weapons so I have a inclination toward TR.

That said, NC also has their own list of very formidable weapons, so between NC and TR, it's mostly a wash in terms of my style of play. However, NC does offer a much wider variety of weapons to cover every niche, from CQC dominance with the GD-7F and Jackhammer, to very long range engagements with the NC6 Gauss SAW, so solely on account of covering more niches, NC probably has a very slight advantage. Let me reemphasize this very carefully: NC advantage is not because weapons are better within their category, they just cover more categories.

I do feel like VS weapons, between lower average ROF ( a lot of VS weapons have 698 RPM instead of 750 RPM ) and smaller magazines ( thirty 143 damage rounds vs. thirty 167 damage rounds or fourty 143 damage rounds ), makes them very slightly less competitive.
  10. hawken is better

If you primarily play heavy, VS. For everything else, NC.
  11. Ximaster

Play the faction that u are good. I've tested all factions and all have good/bad things. Actually im a Terran Infiltrator and im good with it,aswell i dont do a lot of kills caused im new. Anyway if u are a NC infiltrator stay with it because NC have the best sniper weapons (firepower at maximum) but the difference of damage is insignificant. Im not an expert of the game but i talk about my experience. And about population dont worry,play the server that u want. And to players who recommend to play an overpopulated server faction i say that is a terrible fault to say to newbies,caused if all new people go to specific faction/server just ruins the game to other faction/players,do u know what im trying to say? Think about one server that the dominant faction is for put an example Vanu,if the new players only go to that faction just ruins the server. All need to be equilibrate. So stay with the faction server what u want.
    Im sorry if i offend anyone.
  12. Dcrd

Vanu. All cool guys play vanu.
    If you're not playing vanu, you're probably a bad player and a bad person.
  13. Tommyp2006

let me rephrase that

[citation needed]
  14. whitupiggu

NC has the best mid-long range weapons.
    VS has the most well rounded arsenal.
    TR is CQC oriented but don't have the best weapons for it.

Pick whichever sound best to you. Higby has said there will be changes to TR weapons in april but don't expect much from it.
  15. Longasc

I deem playing any faction worthwhile but TR, this faction seems to attract so much garbage its ridiculous. Both ingame and in terms of whining on the forum they take the crown. Most new players seem to start out as TR.
  16. LibertyRevolution

Make a VS.
    Play heavy assault with the stock Orion.
    Cert an HSNV scope.
    Wreck everyone.
  17. Posse

Anyone except the one I'm playing at the moment (?)

Speaking seriously, I think cross-faction balance is pretty good right now, you should play whatever you feel most comfortable with.
  18. pnkdth

Balance-wise things are looking good. About the only time you think "X faction is OP" is when you have a moment of weakness when you get outnumbered and/or thoroughly outplayed. The sooner you, in the general sense, start reflecting on your gameplay the better because it is right then and there you start to improve as a player. If, instead, you blame whatever external source you will keep doing the same mistakes and fail miserably to the point where you might never get out of the mindset that it is everyone else's fault or you're using inferior equipment.

Pick whatever faction you like, at the server that makes sense to you. If not, you might find yourself becoming very frustrated with the game after awhile since if you choose a faction you don't to play you will have to play against the style of that particular fashion. Something which intevitably will result in a unfulfilling experience. Personally, I tend to jump between NC and VS the most, and recently I've spent time on my TR character in order play around with the TRAP. If I had stuck to only one faction I would have burnt out a long time ago.

In terms of servers, the TR on Miller(euro server) has a lot of good outfits.