Which is the best faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViruZX8X, Mar 15, 2014.

1. maudibe

the one you pick is the best one.

They are all the same. Play medic and engi and you'll start getting certs and better weapons, more armor, etc. Then its really up to you and each faction has some specifically better weapons but not enough to make any real difference. I would stick with your NC toon. Each faction has times when they are dominant on a server or continent. If you like feeling victorious pick a continent your faction is overpopped on.
  2. Nerp

Red.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mongychops

There are faction differences, some of which do give advantages in certain situations to the various factions, however, this is rarely that significant. Also, game balancing is an ongoing process, in December there were massive changes to game balance https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cember-17-2013-9-30-am-pt-6-30-pm-cet.162621/ and next month, there is likely to be more significant balance changes, based on data from the past few months https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...l-overall-balance.176747/page-10#post-2574718

Basically, I wouldn't bother changing your faction right now, based on what is considered powerful, it changes. In fact, the biggest issue with game balance is the perception of balance affecting faction populations. The biggest factor in balance on a server is the population, which is heavily affected by perceptions. That said, I don't know about the server you are on, but NC did reasonably well out of the last balance pass in terms of nerfs / buffs (which they probably deserved), and has widely enjoyed the population boost that comes from a perception of being the best faction.

Stick with what you have.
    • Up x 1
  4. Paperlamp

I wouldn't spend that much until you've played the game while, very easy to throw money away when you don't know the game/weapons well enough to develop a personal preference. Plus, SC goes on 2x sale often enough that you might want to wait for that, and on rare occasion even 3x the SC/$ too. If you get SC on sale, and wait until items go on sale, you can get items for essentially 1/4th the standard price or less.

NC starts with a free bolt action sniper rifle that would cost you 100 certs on the other factions, you might use that for awhile before considering a similar weapon, certs are much better spent in small amounts at the early levels.

Railjack is a funky weapon that you may not like, it has a mechanic that delays the shot that many players do not like, so it's hard to call it the best sniper. The Longshot will be many player's preference.

As for flying, the air game in PS2 is hard to get into and very cert intensive so good luck there. I'd say play infantry until you can afford basic upgrades for the ESF that you probably would have a hard time flying without, especially as a new pilot at least to PS2. Youtube probably has some worthwhile guides to certing an ESF and getting into flying.
  5. Tommyp2006

double the KPU on what?
  6. Doranthis

Whatever you enjoy playing the most. Period.
  7. ViruZX8X

thx!

I think i stick to NC i while. Then when i learned the game more, then i will try or TR. Lol, i still dont know how the capture system work:), i just follow teamates

What do you mean by railjack delay? You mean when i press the mouse it dont shot instantly?
    I tried it out in VR training and it did not look like it had any problem?
  8. ViruZX8X

I also want to ask which servers is TR and NC:

Least populated and High populated at?
  9. Levtech

This game is balanced so there is no "best" in terms of weapon stats except for those weapons that become overpowered which are usually nerfed hard later on. I say go to the faction you like most.

If you like looking like an alien and shooting plasma weapons go VS
    If you like looking professional and having reliable weapons go TR
    If you like the NC stay there. I recommend NC as it is better in the long run. NC starter weapons are not the best thats for sure.
  10. Zenanii

The grass is always greener on the other side
  11. Gendomaoken

Factions have some specific differences, starting with:

NC - big punch up front, maxes and vehicles get shotguns and missle launchers, low uptime thanks to small clips, faction specific heavy assault weapon- 3xburst shotgun and camera guided missle.
    Specific sniper weapon - basically a railgun.
    Hard and slow tank with one big cannon and short invulnerability shield.
    Their ESF got very good nose guns, but are flying bricks.

TR - lots of dakka, high fire rate, increased clips, their main vehicular and MAX weapons are chainguns and grenade launchers, aswell as is heavy assault specific weapon, along with overnerfed lockon launcher.
    Sniper specific weapon - something between scout rifle and LMG.
    Quite fast, double-barreled tanks, which can deploy into artillery-like anchor mode. Also looks like a hamburger.
    Fast and slim ESF.

VS - Alien nerd faction. Extremely accurate energy weapons that have no drop, and have very fast reload speeds.
    Their tanks are most unique in the game, they are hovercrafts, which with some certs put into it, can effectively dodge enemy shots. Their main weapon is fixed into hull and has horrendous drop, but their secondaries make up for it, being pretty good.
    MAXes get VERY accurate guns and more energy weapons(like Vortex, laser-alike AV energy weapons).
    Specific weapons for heavy - Lasher, that shells area with plasma balls of DiscoDoom along with lancer, similar to MAXes Vortex. Sniper specific weapon - sniper rifle with overheat mechanics instead of ammo.
    Agile and extremely well shaped for dogfighting ESF(its flat, basically).

Try them out, see what you feel better with. But first try asking around for a good server to play specific faction. There is severe overpop of some factions on few servers, so you might wanna choose carefully.

I think i covered most important differences. Feel free to add anything i forgot to mention, please.
  12. ViruZX8X

Thx!

I skip vanu because:

I just hate how its reloads, looks so "unfun", and i dont like Aliens anyways, I like the Todays soldier looks

I like TR because its red and red is my favorite colour.

but i stay as NC because i already got alot of cerks (300) and i am already in lvl12 there. Then when i can get my friends to play as TR i will try it out. It is no fun to play without friends:(
  13. Levtech

Actually BR 12 is not that far in (no offense) and from BR 1 you should surpass it in about 10 hours of gameplay. If you really like TR I suggest you switch now.
  14. ViruZX8X

Thx!

thats why i ask which server are TR,NC,VS overpopulated in?

I am asking which server each team is overpopulated at
  15. Gendomaoken

300 certs is not really much, mate. When you get medic and its tool certed out, along with engineers ammo pack and repair tool, certs will start flowing. Also, TR got some VERY good engineer and medic 250 cert cost guns(T5-AMC, accurate engineer carbine and Cycler TRV- very high rate of fire medic assault rifle)
  16. ViruZX8X

What is BR-12?
  17. Gendomaoken

mmmm, i play on ceres, where NC got 40% pop advantage vs around 30% for vanu and TR on usual hours.
    Would be great if other servers players would give their numbers.

Also, dont worry for your rank at all. Only thing it does is give you new titles, and proves how long have you been playing that character. What gives you real power, are certs allocated in proper things.
  18. ViruZX8X

So do you guys think i shoud change to TR now? because i like it more then any other?

Which server are TR overpopulated at?
    I need a EU server, i live in sweden
  19. Trudriban

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    need I say more about the NC?
  20. Levtech

Battlerank 12