So they nerfed assist XP in vehicles pretty hard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lothbrook, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sledginius

The Assist xp is based on the amount of damage you did to the target.
  2. Tentakewls

I pulled my Skyguard last night and was starving
  3. Robertooooo

Nope. The killer gets the old xp sum but the one that maybe got the vehicles hp down to burning only get 100-300 xp. So killstealing is suddenly a huge problem.
    • Up x 1
  4. lothbrook

Right, 4 infantry hit a tank with a rocket, 5th one gets the kill, those 4 get like 50xp and the guy who killed it gets anywhere from 800-2k depending on if the guys inside stayed in and if they were extreme menaces or not, lol. In other words they nerfed it HARD, before the patch the first four infantry would get 200-250 xp.

Imagine being in a skyguard where all you get are assists or any vehicle really where a lot of your experience gain before was assists, and it was actually beneficial for a tank driver to shoot another tank a couple times and let his gunner finish it off, netting you gunner kill xp, and assist XP, now the gunner and the driver have to fight over the kill, and if the driver kills the target the gunner gets royally screwed, as all he gets is the paltry 40 experience for someone in the vehicle killing the target and MAYBE 50% of the assist experience since the driver most likely did more than 50% damage.
  5. Sledginius

Those 4 dudes don´t damage the tank driver/gunner and they only deal around 15-20% maximum damage of the tanks total health. They get the Tank kill assist for the amount of damage they did.
  6. lothbrook

No ****, but if 2 guys are shooting a tank and 1 does 49% damage and the other does 51% damage one guy will get over a 1000 experience and the other will get 100 with the current system, lol. Its broken beyond belief. Or even better those same 2 guys do 49% damage and a 3rd ticks that tank with a basilisk round or something, they both get 100 and the guy who did 2% damage gets over a 1000 experience, lol.
    • Up x 2
  7. Sledginius

As far as I know there are no more tiered kill assist rewards now.
  8. lothbrook

Uhhh, no **** sherlock. This entire thread is pointing out how terrible the new system is, before a crit kill could net you upwards of 500 experience, and the rest of the assists would get around 200 experience, now, everyone who assisted splits 200 experience between them, forcing people to try and wait till they can get the kill shot and steal kills rather than shooting constantly.
  9. Sledginius

The only reason why this is a terrible idea is because apparently most PS2 players are terrible, butt-hurt lemmings that don´t play the game because they want to have fun rather then GETTING DEM CERTZ because CERTZ.

This new assist system makes a ton of sense, once intercontinental lattice and continent locking is in the game.
  10. lothbrook

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. Slandebande

If it is, it seems terribly bugged, as I have gotten 20-50xp rewards for destroying tanks which I have damaged heavily, whereas I have gotten 130xp assists for infantry I barely touched with splash.

Oh, and what's up with one person getting "assist-assists" when the person who was supposed to get the assist, gets nothing? I was playing with my regular gunner and we noticed that often one of us would get an "assist-assist" from the other, without that person getting an assist. It was usually small amounts, but still very confusing
  12. Sledginius

So I am trolling or stupid. But you don´t understand my statement and you´re just crying because you can´t get your precious certs as fast. Seems about right

Damage done to a target can be somewhat objective, because you can´t see the exact amount of damage done for the most part, but i´ve noticed the same behaviour as you described in some cases.

There still is this bug around, where you damage something and don´t get a assist at all. I guess this bug is causing that.

I wasn´t saying that this system works perfectly. But it is going in the right direction
  13. lothbrook

The system is horribly flawed, if a gunner and driver are the only thing that damages another tank, and say the driver gets the kill, and both did around 50% damage to that tank, the gunner will get HALF of the dedicated assist points which is around 200, netting him 100 experience while the driver will get at least 10 times that amount for the kill. Before the gunner would have gotten at least 200 for any assist and double that for a crit assist if they did more than half the damage to the target or did the most damage to the target of all the people hitting it.
    • Up x 2
  14. NDroid

While SOE has already acknowledged that the numbers are currently too low and probably will be increased the new system is still worse than the old one since it effectively punishes teamplay. The old system encouraged people to focus their fire on the target since all those who participated in taking it down got a decent reward. Now each target has a finite XP pool and you're effectively competing with your teammates over it. This promotes bad gameplay and could cause overall balance issues, especially when it comes to AA which wasn't very rewarding even before the changes.
    • Up x 1
  15. Robertooooo

Yeah I almost forgot how fun it is to be the one that goes AA or AV. Now when it's unrewarding to I don't see why I should even bother since it's not me that gets farmed. Good luck with having fun when no AA or AV is present.
  16. Sledginius

If you can only evaluate things based on your score/hour or cert gain or whatever, then you don´t understand all the game mechanics.
  17. lothbrook

Uhh without the progression this game is dead 6 months ago, if its suprising to you that people are unhappy with the drastic slowing of progression then

[IMG]
  18. Robertooooo

Let's all play a game with no progression and no real goal. Sounds fun :)
  19. Robertooooo

I can already notice how no one cares to spawn burster MAXes or any other AA solution. Good job SOE. Im not gonna take unwanted and stupid changes like this and actually pay for it so im going f2p from now on (yeah I know, nobody cares).
  20. Sledginius

Does Counter Strike have progression? no

Is it still one of the best FPS games? yes

You don´t need progression on a game to make it fun. The Gameplay, is what makes a game fun.
    If the only motivation to play, is getting all the unlocks and reaching the levelcap, then there is something wrong. The motivation to play a game SHOULD BE the Gameplay.