Liberators: get rid of roofs above spawn rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Catch23, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Catch23

Even before the recent armor buffs alot of players have been feeling harrassed by liberators that are actually hovering/ shooting from directly above spawns and therefore, if its 2+ of them (2/3 will do), denying whole squads to make their way out of spawn, which is a fact and not a l2p issue.
    Cut off the roof to change the area above spawn rooms from cover to no-hover-zone. With hover-bombers in the game the roof helps the farmer not the defenders and certainly not the game. If you want to look at the forums sentiment on the Lib armor buffs.
    As an infantry player I'm ok with powerful vehicles but they shouldn't be able to exploit dead angles. It should be like: "do not stand above spawn rooms".
    • Up x 7
  2. Chipay

Something something if you can't leave the spawn, what was it again?
    • Up x 1
  3. kadney

What?
    • Up x 1
  4. Frank 2070

If you can't move from the spawn maybe you should try to redeploy to the neighboring base and
    A. See if AA-turrets can hit those nasty liberators
    B. Take a skyguard
    C. Take an ESF
    D. Take a Galaxy and ram those liberators (humorous option)
    H. Log out
    • Up x 3
  5. Catch23

exactly, you got it right. you find a battle decent by numbers and have to leave it because four guys in two 2/3 libs show up to farm certs hovering above spawn.
    thats PS2. a video game with continously decreasing numbers 15 months since launch.
    in this case: four guys have fun, twelve don't (and some of the opposing twelve on enemy side neither). doesn't sound logical from a commercial standpoint
    • Up x 3
  6. Lakora

Wait people still do this? I haven't seen a single Lib doing this for ages since the lockon changes. o.o
  7. Frank 2070

The idea is to leave the base TEMPORARILY to pick up AA-vehicle and come back with vengeance. It's just plain stupidity to sit there and get farmed and try to do nothing about those pesky farmers.
    • Up x 3
  8. Bortasz

SO sorry you advice are not good.
    • Up x 2
  9. Catch23

oh yeah they do, at least on Miller which one of the most populated servers. and lock-ons don't help at that angle, thats the point. if you think libs don't use this tactic anymore then you surely don't mind getting rid of that dead angle, do you?
    • Up x 1
  10. Lakora

I also play on miller n I sure as hell ain't seen any libs recently. It's mostly tanks now again farming spawns. But now, what's needed is to change the roof from a solid to a shield. :D Same coverage but we can shot through it if you're so inclined to wanting to shot them down.
  11. Catch23

well yes, of course I was implying that you need a shield above spawn. if you want to keep the roof, make it a shield instead of cutting it off, pretty much same thing.

do you play much on Amerish? less tanks than on Indar since they have to drive roads and therefore less threat to libs. add the armor buff against tank shells and see this effect muliplying. Amerish is great for small/ midsize battles for those who don't like Indar zergs but some bases are just made for Liberators it seems. and you will see them there.

they just made this great revamp for Amerish and most players seem to like it, now they come in and spoil it
  12. Bortasz

I see this also on Woodman. I do this on woodman. They can shoot me only if they will go on the roof (I kill them with dalton/shreder) go outside the spawn room (I kill them with dalton/shreder)

Removing roof, and expanding that energy shield so people have good angle to shot from inside the spawn room, will help in my opinion.
    • Up x 2
  13. Sixty

This "libthing" is 24/7 on Woodman from Vanu side. (Especially low BR KOTV), but yesterday 2 "GOD MODE" Reavers on Amerish spawn killing us too..
    • Up x 1
  14. Crashsplash

Just had a small session on Amerish. The air prevented any infantry fighting. It's still difficult to believe that the devs have just buffed the lib.
    • Up x 3
  15. Greddy

Majority will choice the H option, log out and never log on again. Game dies, and the lib crew have nothing to shoot at.
    • Up x 4
  16. SnipersUnion

I agree with the issue, not the solution. Take the roof off that spawn and there will be five libs above it instead of 2.
    • Up x 1
  17. Spoprockel

You can shoot through the yellow shield in the spawn room ceiling.

If those cover panels get removed you've got a free LOS to any lib hovering above.
    • Up x 3
  18. Catch23

why should there be more libs in that case? I think it would be the other way around, you could farm them from inside if they were entering that area. to leave the horzontal center of the spawn area means that you could still still shoot them from other angles after that, thus, increasing their time exposed to lock-ons.
    the spot above spawns is their most effective cover with a good angle at open vehicle bays. they could even increase lock-on resistance in that case forcing the lib players to utilize skill while still having tremendous fire power.
  19. p10k56

Dalton aimboters are not enough now we have liberators with resistance of vanguard (hey SOE what about vanny shield for Lib) probably to satisfy those playing clear, to allow them farm without speedhack and other pro LIB pilot assistance.

So now we have OP LIB, OP Viper probably soon again OP Harasser.
    Nice..:confused:
    ..what about completely erasing infantry, thats all about my Rant:mad:
    • Up x 1
  20. Being@RT

The roofs above spawn rooms cause two problems:

1) Limiting the AA field of fire. AA needs a direct line of fire to cause damage, so they'll be subject to direct return fire as well as splash damage (which the aircraft can apply from any angle).
    2) Providing a lower-altitude vehicle a solid roof to splash shells on.

The first point is made worse by the inability to go back inside from the roof directly - you're not safe on the roof because of splash damage (from both Aircraft and Ground Vehicles), and to get back inside the spawn room you must first go out into direct line of fire from both the aircraft and anything on the ground.
    • Up x 2