[Cynical Comedy] Death Screen Rant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yamiks, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Yamiks

• Up x 16
  2. MasonSTL

LOL ".... and frankly..."
    *picture of Ann Frank

omg brilliant
  3. Halon

Yamiks doesn't disappoint.
  4. Yamiks

GLaD u liked it!
  5. Sigmundr Rumare

I'm surprised you didn't mention how jarring it feels upon death now. You used to have the death animation of falling, allowing you realize what happened and get a last glimpse of your surroundings.

Now it's just *stats!* "Wait I died?"
    • Up x 2
  6. Yamiks

a
    actually i like it this way!
  7. AltF4Fun

Rellay good video.They should rework this whole deathscreen thing.Imo I dont really get what the purpose is.To see weapon progress is good,but the rest is kind of unnecessary...
  8. Leer

nice. BTW: I don't see how it helps noobs. If they don't know how they died they aren't going to be able to follow the the red line to the killer.
  9. Antem

If you did'nt kill anyone during the last "life" it shows a "Pro-Tip" instead of the XP graph... dont know why that bothers me so much.
    If you have to have these "Pro-Tips" could you add usefull tips?. Like telling new players that Infiltrators can HACK terminals. Because the tutorial does NOT tell new players this afaik. Also please remove the "Pro-" part and call it "Helpful Advice" or something instead.
    Pro-Tip: Quality over quantity!
  10. Kunavi

1. I often wondered what accessories my opponent had. Now I can see it, for me that's really positive and helps me understand what I did wrong and what they did right, in a given situation.

2. The Death Screen has not changed a single thing for me. Not one. In any situation. And I do use suppression, I do flank ETC and I do play Infiltrator. I don't get ambushed, actively pursuited more ETC ETC.

3. You didn't mention the speed at which the Death Screen appears which is the only issue IMHO.

4. I see what you're saying about Medals but I even like to know that info too. Streak info would be good too.
  11. ComradeHavoc

12. LT_Latency

The point of seeing the enemy weapons and attachments is let people know what the enemy was using when you died.

So when people go, how did he kill me so fast with a LMG at that range they can look and see everything that was used
  13. KnightCole

IDGAF how close i am to my next Aurax. If I wanna see it, I can check it...its just like 2 clicks..maybe 3...

I am with Yamiks...removez zeh Death screen!
  14. S7rudL

Omg please give me the option to skip the death screen to the spawn selection.

I don't really care if my position is given away to some one else.
  15. Aelyn

"MAX IN THE BUSHES!"

Funny and constructive. Devs, take notes.
  16. FatherVanu

MAX IN THE BUSHES!!!!!!!!!!! but hiding in bushes as a MAX never worked for me bright red in a green bush doesnt exactly help:(
  17. Yamiks

i dont wat to remove deathscreen : JUST the minimap!
    • Up x 1
  18. MarkAntony

What does IDGAF stand for. Not a native speaker here...
  19. Trudriban

I don't give a f***, glad I can help

As for my opinion, this is pretty much my opinion but in a different accent and actually funny. Would be nice if they at least made the spotting triangle thinger completely gone if you had a supressor, otherwise stealth is gonna suffer alot from this patch

Oh almost forgot, make the mouse buttons count as any key. Seriously wtf is up with that?
    • Up x 1
  20. Yamiks

well i learned smth!