Trap - Where the Devs made a mistake

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by LazerusQAI, Mar 14, 2014.

1. LazerusQAI

Just a quote from wiki

I have underlined the part where the devs of the trap did something wrong.
    They just used a Burst Rifle design, slammed a scope on it and called it Sniper.

If they would have made a redesign of it on the Test-Server, i would have started to play again.
    But with the 150m headshot limitation, T4 Railjack, Crap Rifle and all those things...
    nope...still not want to play again. I spend around 50€ just for the NVIDIA bundle on my TR character...just to see something like this has happened? They had so much feedback in the Test-Forum, but they just ignored it?
    What is coming next? new tanks where NC will get a Moving Fortress and TR a Motorcycle?
    Thats sad....

yeah i know that there are other Trap posts in here...just wanted to rage a bit because im seriously disappointed.
  2. Benevon

It's actually a really good gun in the close to mid range areas. I'm glad it wasn't just another sniper, we have plenty already. So they called it a sniper when it doesn't perform as one. Scout rifles, by definition, are usually bolt action yet ours are semi/auto.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fujikaze

I would switch to TR if they were to get a motorcycle. Imagine the fun.

But in all seriousness, its not a sniper rifle, its a burst fire assault rifle with somewhat medium range capabilities. I've seen some people using that gun in its effective range and i'd say its pretty damn good.
  4. LazerusQAI

yeah, as far as i have seen it in videos, its a good rifle in close ranged combat...but why do they call it ESSR then, when this thing is clearly not a SR?
    NC? here you go, T4 Railjack Bolt Action Rifle
    VS? jack of all trades for you, no ammo, no bulletdrop, charge and semi auto...have fun
    TR? Ah damned, we dont know what kind of Sniper Rifle would fit for you...take this Burst Rifle instead, where you can switch between one useless bullet, two useless bullets or the usefull three shot close range burst.
  5. Adept

I've slapped laser on it and used it as a shotgun for laughs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ravenorth

I would gladly swap Trap with Phaseshift and at least Trap does really well on its designate ranges, unlike Phaseshift, that rifle just fails hard on everything, because every other weapon does its job better.
    • Up x 1
  7. Benevon

Wish we knew why they insisted on calling it a sniper rifle. But honestly, we already have 3 long range bolt actions, a low optic bolt action (now with no sway!) and a long range and short range semi auto sniper rifle. I think sniping is covered.

Most NC are pissed about the Railjack. Either because of the trigger delay or the fact it's just another bolt action.
    Most VS feel like the Phaseshift under performs in most aspects.
    The TRAP really only fails at sniping distance because it never should have been called a sniper rifle. 2x burst is great for landing shots at a medium distance, single shot is helpful for getting some assists in at longer ranges until you can close the gap and 3x is just a beast within about 40m or so. Just think of it as a burst fire scout rifle with a higher bullet velocity.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheBlindFreak

Who cares? It's an effective weapon. Be thankful that the TR didn't get screwed on an ES toy.
    • Up x 3
  9. Tentakewls

TR = Get the best rifle out of the three, still ***** about it.
    • Up x 5
  10. Wobberjockey

you want something really hilarious? slap a silencer on the phase shift. the bullet moves at like... 300m/s
    a scythe can outrun that thing.
  11. Ravenorth

Yeah.. I tried it and then I was like:

[IMG]
  12. Elkybam

Not sure if I should agree. The Trap empties out its magazine faster than any other weapon when rapidly clicking it, in opinion. Mixed feelings about the firearm though.
  13. MrMurdok

Look at the scope options, damage profile and mag size, it's not a sniper rifle, it's a DMR.
  14. Fujikaze

While its true that its not a sniper rifle but you got some mistakes here.

VS one is a failure of a weapon. You can do just well with any other BASR out there. Even XM98 and Spectre beats this weapon unless your targets are sitting ducks.

Phaseshift is the ultimate sitting duck hunter. Its not as versatile as you think. Low RoF, goddamn horrible recoil and that chargeup mechanic. I agree the idea is good but in a combat where you are up againts an infiltrator who knows what he's doing , you are pretty much duckedup. He's not going to wait for you to take the shot. He's gonna blow your head off with RAMS or any NC sniper. And dont forget T0 bullet velocity which gets really low with silencer and that effective ohk range of 200. After that you'll need another charged shot or 3 or 4 more SA shots if your target is wearing a full nanoweave.

I'd gladly take TRAP over VS. I made a mistake by buying it. Atleast TRAP can do some serious damage in its effective range. Phaseshift is an abomination of a gun which carries SA and BA capabilities but never really fits any of them cuz of the ******** stats it has.
    • Up x 1
  15. OldMaster80

The weapon is imho quite ok but yeah it's in the wrong category it's actually a scout rifle.
    Many outfit mates feel the soas20 is still the way to go, they call it Crap or Trash.
  16. minhalexus

Its really funny.

NC Railjack:- no point in buying it if you can buy the longshot
    VS Phaseshift:- no point in buying it if you want a weapon that excels at something (you already have the spectre, so paralex is the obvious option)
    TR Trap:- Agreed its not a sniper rifle, but honestly its the TR who got the best weapon and diversity in this patch, a x3 burst fire scout rifle

Its true the VS and NC got something new too, but they have more of a passive uniqueness. (infinite ammo)
    TR gets an active uniqueness such as a 3 fire modes which include: semi auto, (x2 burst) (x3 burst)

I think the TR just needs to learn to play its weapon. Cuz honestly this weapon have tons of potential.

Only argument about the Trap is: 'Its not a SR'
    Honestly that argument isnt something worth arguing about.

SOE does not have the best ideas for new ESSR, if the TR got a SR then the TR would be complaining that it does not give us any 'WEAPON DIVERSITY'
  17. Hoki

NC's ESLMG is a shotgun, and theirs is the best ES.

So look at it that way, we didn't get a sniper rifle but we got the best ES inf weapon.

Also the VS ESRL isn't a rocket launcher but it provides unique capability that doesn't overlap with the other rocket launcher and thus, is widely considered the best ESRL in certain situations.
    • Up x 1
  18. minhalexus

Exactly what i want the TR to know.

Trap is like the Jackhammer in its world.
    Railjack is like the MCG in its world.
    Phaseshift is like the Lasher in its world.

Honestly i would rate the Jacky and the Trap the best of their worlds.
    • Up x 1
  19. Sledginius

Do you guys know the difference between m/s and kp/h? apparently not!
    • Up x 2
  20. dezusa

The Devs baited unaware players to thinking the new gun functions as a sniper rifle. hence the name TRAP, as it was really a trap.
    • Up x 1