Dalton nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GEWJANA, Mar 13, 2014.

1. GEWJANA

Is there a reason behind the dalton nerfs or did you guys just go full ******?
  2. 9Fingers

Dalton is till great for anti armour which is supposed to be it's role. I don't think it's too bad at all. Still takes out ESF's in 1 shot. Anti infantry isn't as effective but you can now use the bulldog for that. I think the changes are for the better overall and make things more interesting.
    • Up x 1
  3. GEWJANA

They nerfed it against libs and gals... hitting libs in circle fights with a dalton is one of the hardest things to do in this awful game and getting TWO of those was hard enough but they made it so that you needed to get 3 to kill it? 2 doesnt even set libs on fire anymore.

oh and bulldogs on gals are broken as fk against libs.
  4. 9Fingers

So get your tail gunner to get a few hits on the enemy lib now that they can cover most angles. Your 2 Dalton shots will then still take out a non comp armour lib.

If you think it's an awful game go and play something else FFS.
    • Up x 1
  5. Keyski

6. dragonwinds

It was really that a Dalton could destroy a lib in under 2 seconds with maxed out reload speed. Any newer libs would be utterly destroyed, having no time to react.
  7. Krokozor

Thats good. Thats we call "war". I can deal with dalton on my liberator.
  8. McToast

Moin

Time to cert the shredder.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  9. Zenanii

Because it completely outclassed the other belly guns in AT and AA while still being extremely effective at AI?
  10. GEWJANA

do you even lib bro? the only way for a dalton lib to beat a shredder lib is to get an early hit or else the shredder wins. shredder > dalton pre nerf.
  11. Zenanii

Last time I checked, shredder was not able to kill a lib in 2 sec. . .
  12. Ruvan

No, but a mag of TB with some shredder is not far off.

If you get in to a high alt duel with another lib crew you want a shredder and not a dalton. The shredder lib can kite at such a range that the dalton stands zero chance of consistently hitting.
  13. Eyeklops

Obvious solution: Don't get into a dual with a Shredder Lib when flying a Dalton Lib. Dalton is mainly for A2G, why in the world do you think it should win versus, what most people consider, the Libs primary AA belly gun?
  14. Pikachu

I think it was good that they nerfed it's AI usefulness. Now there might be a reason to use zepher. I used it today and thought "ah I see now I can't use this for everything anymore, it's more like it should be". Took more shots to kill infantry.
  15. Schwak

Awww they nerfed the only thing Jewjana was ok at. Time to un-install. :(
  16. GEWJANA

yet im much better than you at everything else in this game ;o

oh btw... remember when pedro ***** you in an esf? wasnt that funny
  17. Morticai

Yeah, everybody will remember a vague reference. That was like, so totally a thing! Wow! He sure knows what happened! *Gasp*
  18. deggy

Remember when the dude did the thing and the stuff happened?

Aren't you embarrassed about that, man?
    • Up x 4
  19. Morticai

Are you kidding? Totally! I mean, things happened!...and then stuff!. I certainly had feelings about all the stuff that happened because of the dude and his things...surely he's still in a state of some kind, doing things that provoke feelings, right?
  20. Landaren

Does it matter, I mean most peole were runner shredder or zypher for a while now. Zypher is basically the best seeing how they were pretty equal before