New lib guns are worthless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by whitescar911, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Gundem

I trust that you don't fly Liberators yourself.

Come, duel me on Connery.

No?...

I thought so.
    • Up x 1
  2. Chubzdoomer

I'm liking the Spur quite a bit. It seems like a definite improvement over the default nose gun since you can freely aim it around and shoot at different angles rather than just straight ahead. I haven't used them yet, but the Hyena Missiles for the tail gun seem like they could be great, too, since they automatically seek nearby aircraft and don't require a lock. I could see those catching quite a few ESF pilots by surprise.
  3. Mazzar

Im so glad nobody is using the new belly gun. It is extremely OP for its true purpose, but sounds like none of you have stumbled upon that. Which is good. Although i have encountered 1 person who also found out, an enemy :/

But yeah, the belly gun at first seems terrible. When its actually OP for its true purpose.
  4. JackD

No video necessary. Only needed 1min in VR with the Duster to see that it is crap.
    The new nosegun also has way to low dps to be of any use in A2A, same accounts for the "buffed" Vektor.

The new Tailgun is fine. Even though nobody asked for something like that.
  5. iller

Hi and welcome to being a Sniper 2 weeks ago. 1000-2000 certs right down the hole.
    This seems to be the new pattern.
  6. IamnotAmazing

The shredder is far more consistent at a2a, I think if you ask the lib crews on your server they'll agree with me. I never said the walker is good at ground targets, and the shredder is amazing at killing tanks and infantry, as long as you can aim.
  7. EzioDevil

i like lib
    i like tail gun
    i like new nose gun
    i like composite armor
    i no like square shaped belly gun

and i like shredder too
  8. Sledginius

This is the reason why number one priority should be fixing splash damage in VR because people don´t get the memo on that...
  9. Gundem

The problem is that what we have now as the Vektor needs free-look, and the current Vektor needs a substantial DPS buff.

Instead, we got minor buffs on the current Vektor and a laughably underpowered new gun.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hoseheadsux

Your comment is a ******* joke. If you don't have anything good to say then shut up.. He made a valid point.
    • Up x 1
  11. JackD

Less of a splash damage problem and more a "i like to controll were my shot go" issue.
  12. DevDevBooday

I agree with Boof completely actually. Its ironic how the ONLY people that think Libs are weak at the moment are actual Lib pilots. As your main food source we have very little sympathy. Please, tell us all how easily you take out Liberators with ease with a TTK of under 20 seconds.
  13. Schwak

Liberator pilots are the only ones that actually known how trashy the liberator is. It may sound like most people just want a buff to their own vehicle but I kid you not, after 15 days in the pilot seat I'm completely sick of it. It really is a garbage vehicle. You can't get to cover to avoid lock ons, flak ***** you because of how big a target you are, being a large target and not having enough maneuverability to effectively dodge incoming ESF nosegun fire makes you an easy target to take down regardless of skill level.

Most people that think liberators are strong are the people that get farmed at smaller fights or zerged out fights. What do you honestly expect to do when someone is farming a spawn room because they have flak and ESFs on their side in the area. 20 seconds TTK for a 1v1 seams pretty accurate but you forget how fast that scales and how often it ever turns out to be a 1v1. If one person is trying to kill a lib, usually 2 more people stumble opon it before the engagement is over. This includes ground locks, ground vehicles, flaks, other ESFs, gals, and Liberators. A Liberators biggest threat is another liberator. If you have a bone to pick with someone farming your outfit then pull a liberator with a 42 round tank buster and show him some good ole justice.
    • Up x 4
  14. Ailin

If you can only post cryptic riddles, just keep silent.
  15. Morticai

Since he won't say it clearly, I will.

It's for carpet bombing, folks.

That's right, that 'ridiculous spread' you keep mentioning? It's there so that you can cover a larger radius with big deadly bombs, and the reason why it seems difficult to use is because you're not using it in large-scale liberator bombing runs. Get about ten more liberators to perform a bombing run with these bad boys and you're almost guaranteed to screw up the picnic of an opposing army.

Just like freefall bombs, it's not intended to be an accurate shoot-his-hat-off sniper, it's intended to carpet an area with explosive ordinance.

EDIT: Just posted this in another thread, but I'd recommend that people using the duster fly in formations with the intention of minimal exposure to enemy fire while flying at low altitudes. That means passing pants-on-head-stupid close to the ground, with ten liberators or some big number....and using the few seconds spent passing over an enemy at balls-to-the-wall speeds to drop the entire magazine on their positions below. Do bombing runs, like old-timey bombers.
  16. Shockwave44

Because we should believe you... Players never over/under exaggerate anything, right.
  17. Runegrace

Couldn't you also get 10 Libs with Zephyrs and do the same thing, and likely more effectively? You could even twitch your aim around to simulate the poor accuracy if you wanted to coat a wider area.

The Duster is absolutely intended to be the drop-bomber people have been fussing over, but the gun still isn't geared for it. It needs to deliver a more effective payload but have an excessively long reload time which would pace better with a quick bombing run rather than stay-over-point sustained damage. Basically? Higher burst than Zephyr, lower sustained.
    • Up x 3
  18. dstock

Been playing with the new weapons more. The Duster is nothing short of a cert/SC pit, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about it. 10 round mag? You get 11 mags, the Zephyr gets 18. What was the other advantage? Oh, it's less accurate. Cool. The Hyenas are fun, people love shooting them, but they are surprisingly ineffective past short range. Most of the kills I've seen are from people using them like mini LoLpods to pound a Sunderer tandem w/ the belly gun. I can't be bothered to try the Spur, the damage is so low, there is no point. Sadly, I tried to love the Vektor, and I'm coming to the same conclusion. It's better than it was, but I already rolled all my loadouts back to TB.

That's ironic.

100%.

Yep, yep, yep. Tired of "20 second TTKs"? Use your own Lib, cut that down over 80%.

Have you even used the Duster? This comment suggests not.

This. Shooting a Duster is like hucking flash-bangs on a basketball court (closest I could get for CoF comparison, lol). You might hit something, disorient them, or startle them, but you're definitely unlikely to kill them.
  19. RIctavius

Point to note: Did anyone buy these weapons yet?
  20. Mianera

Sorry but I AGREE with the OP. The new guns are useless, the angle buff was nice, but it is still a sitting duck should an aircraft engage it. It can't do anything.

PRO-TIP shoot libs from a distance in your fighter and they go down like butter.

So thanks SOE, we are back to belly gun lucky shotting other aircraft AGAIN!