Why Would You Suggestions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slev, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Slev

I do a video series called "Why Would You Use..." where I use a terrible weapon or a good weapon with terrible attachments. I haven't done one in a while and I'd like to start doing them again. I need suggestions for what to do though. For now I'd like to keep this to common pool or VS weapons; but I may expand later if this becomes popular. I've put two links HERE[1] and HERE[2] to give you the example of what the video series is about.
    Any suggestions appreciated. I'll rank them by upvotes, but I will attempt to do anything and I will say, I will use any weapon, primary, secondary, special.
  2. Paperlamp

Confusing thread title - honestly makes it sound like English isn't your first language. Interesting slug review though, some stuff I didn't know - not that it's useful currently 'cause slugs are worthless, but I guess it's neat knowing all the less obvious reasons they're even more terrible than I thought.

The problem w/slugs one shotting though, is it just makes them too versatile. If it had medium range potency + that amazing instant CQC kill...decent aim players would have little reason to use many automatics. Granted, the RoF makes 2 shots a pretty dramatic increase in TTK -the NS revolvers might actually better lol. That's the problem w/balancing the Pump's damage / RoF model with the additional range slugs give(well...if they gave better range as they should). The semi-autos would be less complicated to fix.

Definitely a terrible weapon/attachment currently, and seems to've been left in the dust since the shotgun nerfs.

As for why they're fine in BF one-shotting but not PS2, is that PS2 has much higher TTK in general. Anything that kills instantly needs considerably downsides/limitations to be balanced.

The drop and velocity definitely needs to be buffed/fixed for all slugs, and the various accuracy issues, and it'd be nice to have a boost to the number of rounds you can carry as well.
  3. cruczi

Nice idea. Here's one: why would you use a 4x scope on a short range SMG?

Agreed... I had no idea what to expect when loading this page.
  4. cruczi

Why would you use a forward grip on a BASR? /troll
  5. Akeita

Why would you use a laser sight and suppressor with 4x scope on the Gauss Saw ?
  6. AltF4Fun

That reminds me about the good old times when I sniped bushwookies with my slug.I always used the automatic one.It felt like my own little battlerifle.Back then the real ones were pretty much garbage.The projectile was slow,but vanu had no bullet drop.One of my favorite weapons to date.Sad that its not really viable anymore.They should reform some of its former glory.Almost no one played them back then anyway.
  7. Godsmangamer

why would you use the flashlight + 6x scope on the new crossbow

I saw the 6x scope and went "why" it makes no sense at all. It puts scope sway for so little damage so far away with so little projectile velocity. Just "why" I have hit targets where it might have been useful with out the sway but seriously. Maybe for spotting as a stalker but even still....just why.
  8. Tuco

why make you fun of first poster?
  9. Leftconsin

Why would you use ammo belt with Engineer?