What pistol do you use?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 6, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

I currently use the Emperor. Its saved my rear plenty of times and the 167 damage does a good job when I'm out of primary ammo. I used to have a laser on it but now running darklight because of all the trolling Infs. I also have a suppressor on it.

I'm thinking about going for the Underboss right now though. Not sure if it would be worth it. The crossbow looks like a good alternative especially for the sensors since I tend to lonewolf.

Anyway, which pistol do you use?
  2. SinerAthin

Manticore.

Quite simply because I like lasers. I didn't pick Vanu to run around with revolvers like a cowboy. Bullets are for losers.

The Manticore also has a nice balance between damage and rate of fire. I often use pistols as last resort, spammy weapons, and the Manticore does well in that regard.
    The fact I can use a Suppressor on it is also a nice bonus over the revolvers.

If not the Manticore, it was the Cerberus and the Beamer.
    The Beamer may have the highest theoretical DPS, but having to spam it requires too much focus. This causes me to ignore my surroundings while putting all my energy into spam-clicking the thing, and the wild button mashing often throws my aim off, meaning it is very difficult to track moving targets with the Beamer.
    The Cerberus has a really cool gun model, but it's rate of fire was simply too low for my taste. I also didn't feel like spending 1000 smedbucks on the thing when I already had the Manticore.
    • Up x 1
  3. ironeddie

When running stalker cloak I go crossbow.
    I've had good runs with my manticore but when playing other classes I've usually gone commissioner. That gun has saved my life countless times.
  4. KnightCole

Mag Shot, it works most times I call on it.
  5. Vikingo

On my NC I use Mag shot
    TR TX2 Emperor
    and on VS despite the complaining about it I find Beamer to be awesome.
  6. Plunutsud pls

The Inquisitor seems to be the best TR Pistol.

I use the Commissioner because the VS pistols just suck.
  7. DocteurVK

How dare you insulting my beamer and my manticore ???:mad:
    • Up x 1
  8. Plunutsud pls

I'm sure your beamer and your manticore are very OP ;)

But my beamer and my manticore are mediocre :(
  9. DevDevBooday

I like the fact there are still VS players out there who think VS players using NS is really stupid and contradictory to their entire empires creed.
  10. DeeX

Atm I use the comissioner because I already auraxium'd my beamer. After that Underboss after that Manticore
    • Up x 1
  11. lilleAllan

Desperado with the EM1, since the EM1 is terrible.

Comissioner on most load outs.

Already have the Magshot auraxium,. Most players would be fine keeping it around, since it's good at pretty much everything.
  12. Skallo

I usually roll with the TX1 Repeater or the NS-44 Commissioner depending on which primary I'm using. Also, do any NC players here use the LA8 Rebel? If so then is it any good?
  13. Jogido

Mag Shot - (Good all rounder but using other stuff since I auraxium it already)
    Rebel - (now that it has 10 rounds) I like it with suppressor for the infil
    Desperado - pretty good follow up side arm

also messing with the cross bow, but I don't consider that a pistol.
  14. Epic High Five

Desperado is fantastic but a bit wild - laser is the only option

The Rebel is probably my favorite though because its max damage extends out to 15m instead of the normal 8m, and is really high to boot. Same ROF as Mag Shot too

It's a tough choice though, because all pistols available to the NC are legit good. I generally run Desperado or Commissioner because nothing is more NC than 0.44 revolvers
    • Up x 2
  15. TheGreatMahoo

NC is my main character, and I generally run the Rebel on most of my classes. I bought it way back before the NS revolvers and just stuck with it. The added 2 rounds (10 total) really helped make it more useful, but it was still good before the buff. I ran with laser on, but have since switched to the Darklight to help find infils which are now everywhere. Even with my pistol I tend to ADS too much to notice the loss of the laser. I run suppressor on occasion, usually only on my infils or LA.

Alternatively, I use the Commissioner for raw damage, either with laser or Darklight, depending on situation and if I remembered to change it from what I last had on it.
    Frankly, all NC options are good, IMO, though I haven't gotten around to investing in the Desperado just yet.

For my VS or TR characters, I tend to stick with the Commissioner, or their default pistols if I want a silencer.
  16. Arkenbrien

I use arguably the most powerful, versatile, and generally awesome pistol, the Beamer, which the VS is blessed to have come standard. The Beamer's usefulness is increased with the flashlight attachment.

Bottom line, the Beamer is the best pistol one can use. I don't really know why there is even a discussion about this.
    • Up x 1
  17. Moisture

You never know when you need a pistol.
    So I chose the Rebel for its superior range over the Magshot.
    I have the Darklight on it for a bit extra versatility.

I just could not make the Underboss work for me. I just have significantly higher hit rage with the Mag/Rebel.
  18. NCstandsforNukaCola

Back to Magshot, It is pretty good
    With low recoil and decent damage, this thing can save your life when you have to reload your main weapon
  19. DevDevBooday

INQUISITOR!

Arguably the best pistol at range as it has brilliant iron sights and no recoil whatsoever.

Plus it has the added bonus of being an unholy spam fest in closer ranges.
  20. Fox234

Commissioner most of the time.