Server Maintenance March 14th 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Westy543

I like that it's % of assist XP, not % of kill XP. Thanks SOE.
  2. Delta058

Double xp weekend??
    • Up x 3
  3. Robertooooo

They should really change that. A totally unwanted change that does nothing but annoy the paying players.
    I can live with the new deathscreen but this was just to much.
  4. Kafein

About the death screen : I really like the statistics provided, and the new look and feel of it. The only things I would want to change in it are :
    - Adding a button to skip the screen using the mouse
    - Putting more emphasis on tracking life stats rather than session stats (or just display both)
    - Replacing the shiny experience adding effect with a real log that I can navigate.

It seems the new death screen also allows seeing things one shouldn't be able to see, and that's bad. I haven't noticed but if what people are saying about it is true, then yes it's a problem.
    • Up x 1
  5. AverageGuy

weekend? They should make it a Double XP week.
    • Up x 1
  6. Cushty

That didn't work for me. Has it changed anything for anyone?
  7. Alox

Can we get the CET time in the subject header, so we can see it in the launcher, please?
    • Up x 1
  8. ninzor

How do you do the survey for the class quiz? I logged on to my other characters and did not get a survey as I did on my main character.
  9. Noppa

Nope.. all my stuff is still locked that was yesterday too, its like half of my armor and so on.
  10. SirIzumi

Double XP! DOUBLE XP!

MOOOOOOAR
  11. Benevon

Because it hasn't patched yet lol. Still have about 40 minutes before they bring the servers down for this particular patch.
    • Up x 1
  12. Larington

Uh guys, it's 5:25 AM PT, the patch hasn't even been applied yet. http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Also, I've held off because I know I'm not going to be popular, but I really don't think the death screen minimap is remotely as bad as common opinion holds, for one thing if you're doing your stealthy job properly and haven't been spotted they won't get detailed enough information to be really useful and that's before we get to the whole issue that getting the brain to translate positions on map to positions in 3D environment AFTER having respawned isn't as easy as you might think.

(And frankly I think newer players need the help understanding what happened to them, considering the number of ways you can die with almost no reaction time)
    • Up x 1
  13. Superdawg

Only thing I would like see fixed so far is that I have to press any key to cont from death screen, I would like to just be able to click through it. Or make it option to see it might make some people happy. Long Live The NC :)
  14. Pikachu

Will the VR work now?
  15. liamsmithuk

Yay a fix :)

Yesterday was fun, at least I got to try out my improved after burner + racer lib loadout while I had a lot of my infantry certs locked :D
  16. Rohxer

Two bugs not mentioned in your update:

1) Reloading animations were broken in the last patch. You see yourself reload but no one else can see you reload. Bug report here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-reload-animation-broken.177748/#post-2570202

2) Turrets still mess up your zoom level when you exit them. If you're zoomed in while in a turret, and exit (manually or hacked out), your infantry view is all messed up (perma zoom-in). It is possible that this is only happening to people who have checked the option to keep zoom toggled on or off in their settings, since I've only seen a few complaints and maybe not a lot of people know that setting exists. Bug report here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ter-exiting-base-turrets-reproducible.176578/
  17. cruczi

I actually really like the change. It's how it should've been all along, and I'm happy it finally works this way.
  18. orivar

thank you for the maintenance
  19. Koiju

Just want to say, that I support the new death screen and think its a good idea. I'm a Planetside 1 vet and seriously, it doesn't even give them any appreciable additional information with regards to the location of enemies, they already know what direction you're in if you kill them because they get the red marker flash when they are damaged.
    The only difference here is QOL, it just keeps that information on screen so you can see how you were outplayed and helps to improve your game. Any slight narrowing of skill gap (mainly caused by the new players learning faster because they can understand what happened quicker) is a good thing IMO.

Don't you want a challenge? To have good fights against equal skilled players? Or are you too busy farming new players? :p
    • Up x 4
  20. hellomumbo369

Honestly, I really like the new deathscreen. With regards to the minimap, I barely even look at it. It is not huge and obtrusive but small and easy to miss when just wanting to get kills on the farm. Honestly, just ******* stop complaining.
    • Up x 1