Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. DandaNgsan

How am I supposed to do stuff like this now?
    • Up x 1
  2. DemoDan

I know most of you are complaining about death screens and libby updates, but not being able to access my equipment is a little more pressing. A few players I know as well as myself cannot access some suit/utility slots for random things; such as (all of these are certed to last level or second last) Mosquito hover stability airframe, Medical applicator tool, Combat medic ability group heal (stays at 0 charge forever), sundy blockade armor, nano-weave armour, grenade bandolier, and more. Could anyone at SOE or otherwis please help me get my hard earned stuff back??
  3. faykid

I love the deathscreen.
    I just hope devs will fix the bugged vehicle kill assist XP and corrupted abilities soon. Tonight, please?
    As far as the changes go, everything is oh so good. Keep it up!
  4. Takoita

If Libs are getting so much better now (resistance change against dumbfires tank shells - WHY?), I wanna AA missiles for my MAX, Lightning and MBT. The ones which are dumbfired and lock-on along the way so that the ****** doesn't get any shiny warning message ~5-10 seconds before they are hit.

As for new player retention, I doubt the deathscreen changes are gonna do much good seeing as how Liberators are gonna pound new players into the ground like it's the PS2 launch again. I have yet to get a chance to log in, but somehow I doubt you lowered the prices on Burster and Skyguard - which would've helped with that problem much better than free shotguns and new deathscreen ever could.
  5. Yuki10

Just to let the devs know - i think you are making right changes, but this is the buggiest game and roll outs I've seen!
  6. Bnuldun

Yeah, tell me about it. It was very much so.
  7. Sinnerzzzzzzz

No camkill (They don't know what hit them) and sniper rifle bullets drop is what i love about this game as a sniper. More harder and more stealthy. The only way i can be countered snipers is they alive and seen bullet traces.
    . Now who was killed by snipers just change class and hunt that guy down. So what alone wolf snipers for if you can be seen by enemies you killed from heaven (camkill) and respawn to pay back?
    What next? No bullets drop?
    • Up x 1
  8. Scoobo

No killcam has always been one of my favorite things about this game, wtf SoE? Plus huge liberator buffs? And no mention of fixing AV turrets render range or otherwise balancing the ground game?

Went ahead and cancelled my renewing subscription. It's a shame, cause at its core I really like the game. Definitely don't like the direction it has been going recently, however, and the best way to make it known to SoE is by voting with my walllet.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ezio91FF

I didnt get the Character Quiz and the free stuff... :(
    • Up x 1
  10. icegnome

My stars. Another poorly executed patch with changes no one wanted yet, that does not address a single one of the actual, legitimate needs or wants of the player community. This is completely unusual, and has never happened before.

. . . . . . . .
    • Up x 2
  11. SidCom

Played yesterday.. and i found killcam is just fine. IMO it doesn't discloses more information about killers direction as before with a directional hitmarker. The information is just a little bit longer available.
    I not understand the complaints of the snipers. It does NOT show their exact location, rather an possible direction with an angel of abt 30 degrees. So if somebody wants than he can pull also a sniper and do some counterplay. IMO that just fair.

Also the other information abt. weaponary is nice. It could help new players to optimize their loadout.

Thanks for the announcements bug fix, which dissapear after 30 min gameplay.
    But in CQC fights this "random" shoutouts are a little bit annoying. It seems also that more and more people completly muted all VO stuff because of that. I can call 20 times "need repair" or "need ammo" with plenty of engi around, but nobody reacts. I have to jump in front of them, so they can see my "need repair" symbol over my head.

Is it possible to make at least an OPT-OUT button to disable this random voice stuff in the future for the listener?
    • Up x 1
  12. ncDieseL

What makes you think it's bugged?
  13. faykid

a dev already told me it is not bugged, but he forwarded all complains to devs to see if they can make these more fair.
    as it is now, i get 84% xp (with 50% boost) for putting 2 lock-on rockets into a liberator. i don't think it is fair. so i thought it was bugged (because it was no different than infantry kill assist xp)
  14. focart

keep moving, dynamically change position and enjoy 1000 scour/hour
  15. Dairko

I honestly see no problem with this update, other than the glitches that have shown up recently. There is no "Killcam," and the general direction it gives doesn't really show much, and is especially less useful the further away the enemy was. On top of that, its not very accurate, not to mention only slightly hurts stealth during low pop conflicts (in which they will most likely be holding CPs anyways).

On top of that, it is likely that by the time the one killed respawns, the killer would be away from where they had killed.

Personally, happy for the ranger buffs <3 (fave AA for sundy).
  16. LanceHavenbay

Decrease the ROM on the Lib tailgun, just a little bit. Weapons are clipping when aiming toward the belly/front of the vehicle. Overall, great patch. I am about to be completely terrified of really good lib teams.

***As for the Deathscreen. Remove Directional indicator. You have a damage indicator. If you get killed in one shot, too effing bad. Use teamwork to locate the target. If you didn't get one-hit-killed- if you pay attention when you get shot, you would have an idea of where the enemy was.
  17. LanceHavenbay

This patch gave me LOTS of stutter. :/
    anddd, not sure if it is me or the game but the terrain keeps disappearing and reappearing, rapidly. Phasing in and out of visual existence.
  18. TRick Shot

Had a quick blast last night. As suspected, the death screen did not give me any significant advantage about my killer's location. When they were not spotted, it just showed what I already knew. A rough direction of incoming fire. I did like the extra information about upcoming medals though.

When I got a dot (spotted player) the map representation is even smaller than mini-map, and as suspected my assailant was no where to be found by the time I got back. When I got revived quickly it still gave me no advantage, as I turned to the direction I knew I'd been hit from before the death screen confirmed it.

So no worries.
  19. KaoticSnake

SOE, really...

The nerf to the dalton is ridiculous, unnecessary and uncalled for. What is the reasoning behind nerfing the dalton against libs, there was NOTHING WRONG with a 2 hit kill on a lib, if they had fire suppression they would of survived, now bringing this up to 4 or 5 dalton shots to kill a lib is stupid what was wrong with the dalton killing infantry if it landed like directly on their feet after all isn't it meant to be a 150mm HIGH EXPLOSIVE tank shell....?

The only two good things that have come out of this liberator update are the tail gun increased angle and reduction on consumption of afterburner.

There was nothing wrong with the dalton.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428123302638505521/

All these buffs to anti air measures and then the dislike for dedicated pilots and trying to nerf all the a2a weapons to make it easier for new pilots to get into the game just doesn't make sense, you're contradicting yourself way to much. New pilots cannot get into the air game if you buff the anti air, and what ever 'noob friendly' weapons you put in for aircraft experienced pilots can use them too, meaning they can just kill newer pilots more effortlessly than before, let them get better in their own time, through practice. Planetside2 could be a much better game, could of, would of, didn't. That's sums how i'm feeling right now. it's all very fine and well going off on your own tangent with your own ideas about how the game should be, but remember what keeps it running. No point in running a server for 10 people well it appears that's where the game may be heading.

Honestly when i started playing this game a few months back i thought it was excellent and i loved every bit of it and now i'm not so sure. Anyway it appears to me as though it may be time to move on soonish, better looking games out there at the moment it appears.....
  20. Kumaro

Indeed what i think kills the new group of pilots trying to get in the game is that they never get a proper chance to learn the air game since it changes so often they have to relearn over and over never getting a chance to settle either :/