Liberator REALLY OP now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Mar 13, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

I agree there is a huge problem with fighting them from the ground. There are 0 fun tools to use against them currently. I HATE AA duty and it's a big problem.
    • Up x 3
  2. AdmiralArcher

actually a sabot round hitting a tank is pretty anticlimatic sabots are meant to puncture and go into the engine housing or crew compartment or the drive wheels of tanks and vehicles, AP rounds are sabots but your point about aircraft not liking tank rounds is accurate, the round would tear right through any aircraft and if it didnt the concussive force would still rip the aircraft to shreds
    • Up x 1
  3. Nakor

There is an easy way to fix libs. Go back to the PS1 bomber.

OP vs. infantry? Bombs take time to land, Bomber must fly over head, bombs show up on mini-map, giving alert infantry time to scamper.

Dalton AA? Gone

Taa-Da.
    • Up x 3
  4. Keyski

Works as intended, dalton is AP not A--ohwait.
    • Up x 4
  5. joe smo

Just buff the nose guns against air targets and I would be fine with that (mius the A2G nose guns; just keep/slightly buff their AT damage).
  6. lothbrook

This patch is really really really bad, i actually had a lib dancing around a towering going low enough to shoot into the god damned door way and there wasn't a god damned thing i could do about it because i have a 129083725890 TTK against them now. If they come into our domain they SHOULD DIE, isn't it enough that if they just stay higher i can't touch them?

The ranger buff is nice but you forgot to give it more ammo, 5-6 reloads and you're out of ammo, also the velocity is so bad they have to be coming straight at you and withing 200m. Meanwhile the walker start out with like 1100 rounds unupgraded, and is still better at killing aircraft because it has velocity that matches its purpose.

Theres some really weird **** going on with infantry like almost every time i die i go from full health to nothing instantly and not from any type of explosive or sniper shot.
    • Up x 1
  7. iDash

Old patch was bad balance Air vs Ground
    Sony goes and makes it worse,LOL

1.Fixed ground Turrets should get health increased x3!
    They should outlast a three tank assualt to atleast get ONE shot back off!
    They are last defense weapon and they only last less than 4 secs!
    10 sec to get it back up, one shot\four seconds till death

2. Fixed anti air turrets should get x5 health increased because that would be near even to the flying tanks!
    The Bullets in a FAAT looks nice big explosions/Direct hit,
    go ride in a LIb the damage its like being shot by a BB GUN!

Add two flying tanks and anti air turret is gone in 2-3 sec!
    No chance to even fire the thing at them=instant death if you get in one!

Actually Crysis fixed ground vs Air Flying tanks this by making the Fixed turrents indestructible

3. Ground missile damage Nerf went way to far too!
    no damage air NOW/if they get hit over the hill repair right back

Ground has no chance at killing air unless in group of 60 vs 1, so just stay indoors as much as possible.
    Then, look on map/ahead if you leave a base

Liberators should get a kill counter and at 30 kills it Self Destructs!
    Sony could fix the analog air input flight controls like all pc games have and buff ground vs Air to fix it right!
    • Up x 4
  8. Yasa

Dalton is fine. The problem is that the dedicated AI and HE guns are too weak.
  9. Pikachu

Then zepher would be really powerful. :confused:
  10. PotatoGundam

we are gonna need alot more lib hunter squads now
  11. that_darn_lurker

This game would be so much better and populous if they never had ESFs, libs or AI tank cannons. Unfortunately they can't change it now. We can only wait and hope for the next large-scale FPS to get it right.
    • Up x 6
  12. Nate

Part of the problem is HA lockons have become much less effective. On Amerish, with all the trees its really bad trying to get a lock. The most you can do to a Lib is cause it to run away briefly to repair. Sometimes you might get a kill on a bad ESF pilot but thats about it.
    • Up x 3
  13. Pikachu

Just all assault rifles and tanks firing sabots ja?
  14. ChampagneDragon

And your whopping 350 resource, 1000 certed lib an shoot down my 240 resource, 2700 certed skyguard in no time flat, despite my evasive moves. Yep balanced.

Oh wait, I'll get 26 points for dealing damage to you before I go down though.
    • Up x 10
  15. Badname707

I feel anyone who posts on a balance thread should have to provide their experience with what it is they're complaining about or defending. Feel like it would end these threads far sooner.
    • Up x 1
  16. Riddlley

Sorry for the long post.

Well, you must be pretty awful to let a basically stock lib kill you. I'm going to guess and say you are talking about a Dalton lib. Now, this stock lib would only have the Dalton. No other upgrades. If the Dalton gunner killed your skyguard, its because he deserved the kill. He either surprised you, or has really good aim. I would never go after a skyguard in a stock lib. Its suicide. The next monkey with a lock on would light you on fire if you even survived the encounter. And if you did a sunderer would shoot you down.

Now, with an even number of certs spent... It might be a bit different. I'll admit, I know how to kill a skyguard. It is suicide without a good gunner though. Put in the situation where its me with a TB, Dalton, and walker, I've already spent more certs. That's 3000. Airframe? Another 700 for that. Nanite repair...? 1000. Got fire suppression? 680. I'm not even going to bother adding it up, but certing the weapons and everything.... It puts you well over 5k certs.

Now, just to be clear, I own a skyguard too. They are powerful. 4 second TTK on an ESF is no joke. 2 mags for a liberator though. Grab a friend and watch them flee before you.

If you die to a lib that fresh, its your own damn fault.

Oh yeah, and if you let a solo TB lib get you, you deserve it. I could have C4'd you with less risk by landing beside you if you're that unobservant.s
  17. Fox234

OP and now with the invulnerable glitch you have invulnerable Libs with gunners racking up kills, and since XP is shared now even the bugged player is making XP.

How did SOE not think this was OP? I mean I thought SOE said from now on they would be making small adjustments for balance. This seems really broad and sweeping.
    • Up x 1
  18. 9Fingers

What a load of hysterical crap. If you're at a base where your faction has been forced back into your spawn room and your getting farmed by hovering libs- don't spawn there! If all those players getting farmed redeployed back to the nearest safe base and pulled ESFs and Libs of their own they could charge back in and smash the crap out of them. If you can't fly - ram them! At the very least you will make them withdraw.

There's a lot of Libs around now because there's new toys - just like all the infiltrators after the inf update.

The only real difference is the tail gun is now useful and comp armour is a viable alternative to nanites. This a is a team game and a combined arms game - if your faction doesn't work on air superiority then it should get pounded. Libs have been useless in large fights for 12 months - now they have a bit more chance of surviving a little longer. 2 average ESF pilots working together will still destroy a lib just as quickly - they will now have a bit more of a challenge if it's a 3/3 lib which makes it more interesting.

So sick of all the whiners in this game - both those that play full time on the ground and the self entitled flyboys. If I get killed by something it's fun and a challenge to try and figure out how to take them out. If you can't do it on your own then get some mates to help.
    • Up x 1
  19. DQCraze

20. Vixxing

Rly? You know what? 1 bullet kills ppl cause the velocity square, times the mass of the round makes body or brain go ouch! One round of any weapon should kill all infantery, cause this is a simulation! (plane cant survive tank round but i can survive 50 bullets jump in to tank and shoot down plane with 1 round!)