Liberators "Not" OP

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BrokenMirror, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Vanon

Kinda like the OP's post .... Glad you got the comparison. I was afraid it would get lost on some people!
  2. Revanmug

Well, I'm sorry but your example sucks. His examples might be doubtful but they are possible. They just need the good condition which will happen one day or another. Yours is impossible, plain and simple.

Next time, be slightly more realistic and people that actually know about stuff might follow you. In this case, you don't seem to know anything about bolt action so I would avoid using those in future examples...
  3. DQCraze

Composite armor is for flak only, it provides zero resistance for AP rounds, and the answer is 2 rounds. A 2/2 tank team properly equipped can fend for itself very well.
  4. Ghosty11

Well guess you don't know all that much about Composite "Do Everything" Armor, because your post is flat out wrong.

From the live patch notes 03/13/2014:
  5. DQCraze

I was refering to how it currently works.

After the patch if the pilot has maxxed comp armor it will take 4 AP rounds to bring down a Lib. Basically, shredders an tank busters, will still melt the lib. All tanks now will be even easier kills.
  6. Thefailknight

The changes to tank shell damage against Libs were completely unwarranted. If you can manage to hit a freaking Lib with a MBT shell that either means A: That pilot was a complete moron/fell asleep in which case he deserved it or B: You are UNREAL good at going up hills and aiming at a target that can turn on a bloody dime while it unloads hell on you. It's not like this is a wide spread thing, a Lib shouldn't be getting hit by these shots unless they miscalculate MASSIVELY. And in that case they should pay for it just like anyone else. :/
  7. BrokenMirror

The issue is, Im in a Lib, and im an idiot, I fly low and slow and get hit by 3 Vanguards, I gforce up, and im still alive.

Whats wrong with that?

or how about,
    I decide Imma go kill a Vanguard (even though im NC, my Lib is BY FAR the most OP because Vanguards are the big threat after composite) I Fly Infront of him, Point blank tankbust. Hes dead before all 4 shots are in me, I win.

I should NOT be able to go point blank with a Vanguard and live.
  8. DQCraze

Please explain why not, A10s kill tanks all day long with their tank buster, I see no reason that cant transfer to the game. The Lib in my eyes is the A10 great Air to ground support, can kinda A2A but will most likely lose to a fighter. Lets be real here, how many libs do you see in 300 person fight? 1 maybe 2 that as pend their entire time either running for their lives or hovering at max altitude. Air in a facility battle lasts less then 10 min.

The only time a lib will make a difference is in a 12-24 battle and even then a good esf pilot can easily clear the skies, I see it happen everyday.

Then we have Air only Oufits, you cant even leave your warp gate before you get swarmed and shot out of the sky in seconds.
  9. Negator

its almost as if, there was feedback prior to going live that the players gave or something......
  10. Negator

IRL conversions never work.

Liberators dont 'kinda' a2a, they can own it.

Lastly, Liberators can simply hover spam with a little bit of cover forever. If they couldnt hover and had to make short passes, it wouldnt be a big deal.
  11. DQCraze

12. DQCraze

Negator, have you tried libing when matty, boursk, rak, rudelord, qry, chickenlover, phaetonevl,or any other of the esf pilots are up. Please let me know how it works out for you when they see you.
  13. Tar

Libs were on the edge of OP before this patch already.
    Yet SOE, following its tradition of cluelessness, decides for an all-around buff.
    • Up x 2
  14. Negator

ask those same pilots their thoughts on liberators
  15. IamnotAmazing

the amount of factually wrong statements in this post is astonishing
    • Up x 1
  16. A3ianess

What does that mean?
  17. BrokenMirror

While we are on Real Life, Can an A10 survive being shot by an Armor Percing high Velocity Tank round to the body? How about to the Cockpit, Do you think the pilots still alive after being shot with an AP round?

Real Life examples are bad, because an A10 can kill tanks SURE
    if it gets hit with a High Velocity Tank Round, it explodes.
    Therefore, your example actually supports what I said.

TRees, they work for the TR don't u see their name? TRees
  18. DQCraze

Actually you are mistaken we had A10s come back from mission that had taken a direct hit from a anti tank round lost 70% of its wing and an engine and made it back. If you look up images at the damage they withstood you would be in awe.
  19. BrokenMirror

So one, hows about we take 7, 2 for the engines, 1 for the body, 1 for the cockpit, and the rest for the remains, A libs still alive, Your A10? Not so much. (prowler AP)

Besides Rare circumstance is rare, it survived taking 1 AP tank round, however it sure as hell wasn't in 1 piece and easily fixable, right back into combat.
  20. TheBand1t

Libs are annoying to fight one on one because they take forever to die and it's asking for flak or an enemy ESF to come flying up your ***

Hence why I would rather shoot down all ESFs in one mag and get more XP doing that than waste my time doing the lib tango unless I've got another Reaver with me to focus fire; It's a matter of Libs being just annoying to fight than them being 'overpowered' in a2a (they aren't)