What is the purpose of the mini chaingun?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Robertooooo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Robertooooo

So i bought the weapon a couple of days ago when it was on sale thinking it was some kind of supression weapon, but as i used it for a couple of hours i noticed that the weapon were just a worse LMG that looked a bit cooler.
    I have seriously never ever found myself in a situation where the CARV would not have been a better weapon since that weapon have almost the same RPM, the same DMG, no windup time and it also have so much better accuracy.
    So whats the purpose of the MCG?
  2. StoneDwarf

Spray and pray in a close quarter combat, when you need to clean out a room full of enemy. =)
  3. Robertooooo

Concussion grenade + MCG equals fun times? :D
    I used it a bit a moment ago and it seems to scare ESF's. I even managed to shoot one down. Well, i guess i keep using it because it's incredibly fun.
  4. Bortasz

To trick TR soldiers in to thinking that they have something fun, unique, cool and useful.
    • Up x 13
  5. Robertooooo

It seems to be that way. I mean, the jackhammer is really useful and the lasher is the king of supression. MCG seems to be a ''fun'' weapon but worse than the starter LMG.
  6. Inf1nite

The Jackhammer is just about the same as any other shotgun besides it's 3x burst mode. The MCG is great at supression like the lasher, but in a different way. It doesn't have splash damage but no one wants to run in the way of it after it's spin up has stopped. It's mostly for cqc (like others have said) and supression. It's not a BAD weapon but it's not GOOD either.
  7. Robertooooo

I guess i just used it wrong. I noticed yesterday how easy it was to lock down corridors and doors with it. Not a singe player dared to make a run for it :D
    Well, i guess i just have to learn to use it right. The only thing i really miss from VS is the lasher so i hoped the MCG would be something in the same style.
    • Up x 1
  8. Akashar

The MCG reminds me of the AK 47 from cs, when you hear it, you wait for it to stop, and when it doesn't, you know s**t is going down. As long as you have a teammate to soak for you the first bullets, you're terminator. On your own, it's worthless. My brother and I use it to great effects when teammed up.
    • Up x 1
  9. DrBash00

Well the Chaingun is the Weapon of choice if a enemy zerg rushes you and you have a nice Position where you wont get shot as first...

The Problem here: I had such Situations like ... 3 - 10 Times since i play PS2, wich is now 1 Year...
    So i would not suggest it for Beginners, because in most Situations the other weapons will be just as good or even better ^^.

And as somebody told before in smaller fights you can just "spray" but if you buy a S variant of the standart gun, you can patch it up to 200 Rounds and can also spray, only a little bit slower, but by "bursting" after 10 - 50 shots you can reset the coil of fire, wich makes it more effective in smaller battles.
    • Up x 2
  10. Robertooooo

Haha that sound is really scary. I remember playing VS and hearing the wind up and instantly run for cover :D
    I noticed it worked better with MAXes around cause all enemies concentrated their fire on that one.

Yeah the CARV S with ext mag is good at that and it's even a bit easier to control than the regular CARV. I should really start using that gun more now then i think of it :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Bankrotas

But at same time, we have better suppression weapon in form of EXmag EM6 and we have that most universal shotgun (though, I don't really like it, it's still good).
    Personally, both JH and MCG aren't mechanically unique enough to be interesting like Lasher.
  12. KnightCole

MCG is the same as the EM1, a short- mid range Ambush weapon. Fight 20-30m with it. Find a guy, sneak up, ADS, wind up and shoot the dude.

MCG has very good CoF and bloom.....but the wind up time murders the user alot when you do not get the first like second to engage.
    • Up x 1
  13. Robertooooo

Yeah i noticed that. Ambush someone/a group of enemies in close range that are occupied with shooting at someone else = i win easily most of the times. Prepared enemies = gets killed by all players that know the art of aiming at the head.
  14. Ttariel

Being ugly

The whole reason why the fashion police (Vanu) has war with TR.
  15. KnightCole

I think the Vanu are guilty of Ugly *** fashion, punishable by death....most their stuff I think is just ugly lookin.

Scythe? cool...some of thier helms, cool....the rest...yikes.
    • Up x 1
  16. Fox234

Its just fun, thats about it. Other LMGs do the job of the MCG better. I like the MCG, but I know I could be using something more effective.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hiding in VR

Agreed.

There are suggestions to remove the wind up time, and you can understand the logic BUT that would completely destroy the great sound effect! Which is ALL ABOUT the wind up ;)
  18. Fox234

Removing the wind up would probably fix it, but then its nothing more than a fancy looking LMG. The TR would then lose everything that made the MCG visually appealing. No more wind up and no longer under slung.
    • Up x 1
  19. Pacifist

I've been using the MCG since beta and been happy with it the entire time. It's not overpowered or particularly underpowered with a 200 round mag it allows me to walk around corners spraying people to death. My only real issue is the lack of IR scope.

I also second the desire to keep the wind up sound and current feel of the MCG.
    • Up x 1
  20. Freedym Fry

Or.....

Keep as is, buff it to be used against armor, sort of like a fracture. The bloom is bad but would be fine against nearby vehicles. Suicidal? Yeah probably in many cases, but fits the gun well and provides a legitimate use. Those look like they should be some big caliber, make them armor piercing. Can help deter tanks, useful while hunting sunderers. Maybe shave some paint off a low flying galaxy.