Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Yuki10

Agreed - "Death cam" is not as terrible as i thought (after trying it out).
    Agreed - Libs are strong and hit hard, but so do bursters. I sometimes spawn Galaxy to ram and take out really pesky Lib teams. So adjust to the game, not game to you. Good Lib flying (or ESF) is hard and does take skill and practice.

Tanks not doing as much damage to Air kind of sucks, but they were never meant to be anti-air with main canon. Use ranger/walker.

I like most of the update, except for bugs and Lightining weakening. It wasn't OP in my view (especially without Viper in AI engagements), but will see how it plays out after more testing.

The one big deal is the new Duster that works as stun bombs...you can spam them from above and keep the enemy blinded for extended periods. Now if you are on the receiving side, it's very unpleasant.
    • Up x 1
  2. GalXEEEEE

Time to hunt me some skyguards!
  3. Penguins

It should be. One that utilizes the MMO style and adds depth to the game.
    It shouldn't be ******* COD god damnit. Strategy, logistics, tactics, intelligent play should reign supreme. But now its the most meatgrinding game of them all.
    • Up x 1
  4. GoyoElGringo

Does such an MMO exist? The problem with something like that is, an MMO needs thousands of players online to make it worth playing. Making one that only caters to hardcore players and realism enthusiasts doesn't seem like it could survive once all the casuals get driven away. Bringing up Arma again, it works in that game because getting 64 players to play together is easier than getting thousands. And Arma owes the majority of it's success to DayZ anyway. Most people that know about Arma only know about it because of DayZ.

I get what you're saying, but I think if you're expectations are that PS2 should be a simulator, you're going to either have to change them, or try to find another game.
  5. bogdan

What about the NEW Flip Your Liberator Right Side Up feature?

This should have been #1 on the list.
  6. bloodwolfnz

All this rage and QQ'ing over the death cam when in reality they make little to no difference to game play for the vast majority of players is just hilarious.

1. Its not a deathcam. It only shows a general direction of where your killer is on your mini-map, some people maybe not know this but if you weren't spotted (as in got Q'ed by someone or by a sensor where you show up as an arrow on the map instead of a dot) the victim only gets a cone to your general direction that is randomly misaligned so its not always directly facing you.

2. This will only help people new to the game that may not pay attention to the directional hit markers from when they are being shot.

3. Get over yourself. Your amazing strategic flanking maneuver doesn't mean anything in the bigger picture past a 1v1 at some deserted base, you appear on EVERY enemies map the instant you shoot without a silencer anyway.

@Lib update it great to not get wtfbbqpwned by some random AP vanguard (the supposedly worst long range MBT) on a mountain from 89273264823642 miles while doing a full speed strafe run.

tl;dr - Whine less, stop farming new players
  7. PayTheP1iper

So, what about that class quiz for all characters? As far as the death recap it really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, only people I see raging about it are snipers, and if you have ever played any other shooters, not COD, you always eventually show up on the minimap for camping and not moving, plus the area it shows where the shot was from doesn't give anything away at all, the line it shows is vague, and if you were spotted, well you are already seen anyway.
  8. Kerrrrp

Not working. Was not asked to do the quiz when I entered the warp gate with a character that didn't do it yet.
  9. MAXSuicide

I dont mind adapting to game changes. however all that can be suggested for killing half decent lib pilots is now - skywhale.
    There's only so much people will take before it becomes a gigantic slap in the face.

Dunno what game ur playing or who ur playing with but i know several in my outfit and many outside on other factions and within mine on Miller that were already owning the skies on their larrylonesome in a lib before this patch. All agree that this is an insane buff to liberators that practically eliminates all of their weaknesses (which were few in the first place)

But sure, i plan to exploit the **** out of this because its crazy and i now have absolutely no use for my ESF whatsoever. The air game was being killed off long before but now its dead. Its just lib wars now. And thats kewl cos SOE dont have the competence to rebalance the game within 6months - nor get a patch out without some game breaking problem or other occuring, it seems; so i know i will get my certs paid back in full!
  10. Yuki10

Stop whining....Tank's main canons have never been the biggest threat to libs and should never be.. So yes, skyguards are not as effective as some want due to slow bullet velocity and bullet drop... but lock-ons and bursters still work as well as before. And if you are threatened by a lib - pull your own and take the enemy out. If you cant - team up... it's not a solo game.

Devs - changes are fine and welcome. Wait a bit and look at stats to make sure balance is in the right place, but DO fix bugs.
    • Up x 1
  11. DatVanuMan

YAY!!!! Liberator's were already majestically OP, and now SOE has had the wonderful idea to make them sky MBT OP! Can't wait for the 0.8 K/D<:(
    • Up x 1
  12. PayTheP1iper

Sorry but no, just no. Libs are now flying fortresses that cannot be harmed from ground-to-air. They already were broken and now it's even worse. Must be a lib pilot yourself seeing as the only people defending the buffs are lib pilots.
    • Up x 1
  13. Yuki10

Am i a pilot? - Yes
    Do i drive tanks? - Yes
    Do i play infantry? - Yes.

If anything, Galaxies (Being a transport) are more OP than Libs since with thermal and bulldogs, they can wipe out squads and platoons just like Libs. That's if those squads and platoons do not adapt to changing conditions on the battlefield.
    I'm OK pilot in a lib, but suck flying ESF...When i get shot down by Libs or other ESFs, i pull a skyguard, Anihilator or burster to get even. Or if i see a lot of really juicy libs flying around and can have those kills to myself - i will pull a burster.

Just yesterday VS was camping Arroyo next to NC's base on Indar. Even while cut off from the rest of VS territory, they held the tower for several hours by using Bursters on top level and regular infantry on lower levels. I've lost a lib to those maxes and AA turrets. How many kills did we get? 1 Max and maybe 2-3 infantry that were unlucky enough to poke their heads as we were making a pass over the burster maxes. I could have gotten more kills as infantry...
    • Up x 1
  14. Wezdor

The what now?

I'm a dedicated lib pilot and these anti tank changes are rather ridiculus.
  15. kaolla

i theori that sound great, but you can't always MOVE aways from where you stand, for exemple when in north of Indar, near the western tower where should i move when i may got spotted? only a few rock same side, i could try to cross to the other side ( will losing cloak in the way), and i did that as a NC will TR and VS were fighting there. it just so easy to get to people. got killed by a sniper and after climbing the moutain i found him very easly ( yes he was moving around) but he also wanted to shout people, not moving somewhere else and do nothing.

as for the lib, 1 lib can overun any small base or tower before there is enought defensor.
  16. kaolla

nop skyguard don't kill lib, never have :) well solo skyguard with 2 or 3 leting the lib come close then yes
  17. PayTheP1iper

I guess I should restate that, but a lot of the people on the posts all happy and giddy over the changes are even saying they are pilots and going to exploit it to farm certs now. This game is slowly turning into an air combat sim. It's almost as if SOE is trying to kill off this game. They killed PS1 with the BFRs, now they buff the heck out of libs.
  18. kaolla

first, have you tried to kill a lib flying above a base with only infantry? because of building you use to get cover you can't get lock on, and when you do thx to last update the missile will fly in the wall next to you as it try to go where the lib will be ( it can even hit a cliff 200 because lib going forward slowly, when going just in a stray line would have give you a hit.

also that how lib farm: on people trying to kill it before it run aways and come back as new
    • Up x 3
  19. Gav7x

I kinda liked this update, people are just fear mongering
  20. Amarsir

The death screen is still wildly inaccurate as to the source. At first it was baffling, then I got to a point where it was clearly showing one killer previous. In a 3-way fight I would die to a TR Lightning and be told it was a NC Max. Then die to an NC rocket and be told it's a TR Viper. Comical, but pretty useless.

I think it misrepresents the XP too, because at one point I got 3 kills and died to an infiltrator, only to be told I got 0 xp and died to an engineer.

If the point of this is to help new players, I think accuracy should be a primary consideration.