New Walker and Hyena, wtf were you thinking?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Hoki

Remind me again, which aircraft is intended to be the air superiority fighter?

Takes like 10 prowler heat rounds to put a lib on fire.

This is why you NEVER listen to the suggestions of flyboys.

Seriously just disregard everything they say. They're out of touch with reality and don't know what balance is.
    • Up x 25
  2. Volccis

Not sure what is your point in this thread.

They didnt listen to "flyboys" and you tankgurls should just hold still and take the *piip* in the *piip* from "flyboys". Just accept the fact, you tankgurls cannot be as cool as we "flyboys" so take it gently in the *piip*.

;)
    • Up x 1
  3. Mrasap

Was it really necessary to start another thread on this matter?
    • Up x 1
  4. MrWolf3

The lib resistance was fine before, if you get that low you deserve to get blown up by tanks.
    • Up x 10
  5. J.C Simonetti

Buff the Prowler!!!
    • Up x 6
  6. cc2001

What's wrong with the Walker?
  7. Flag

Not to mention some of Forumside's resident lib enthusiasts were actually pointing out the problems before the patch hit live.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hoki

It can now shoot a full 180 below the lib, giving a near permanent AA window against anything thats chasing.

100% overlap with the belly gun.
  9. Hoki

And to the lib pilots taking offense, its not my fault that so many people defend daltons yet complain about cannons.

Maybe you don't read the same forums that I do, but I'm not imagining things.
    • Up x 3
  10. cc2001

I'm aware of the range of motion changes. It was also tweaked in other ways so aircraft have to be closer to do max damage. The range of motion it gained though aircraft would have been under threat from the belly gun, so it isn't like an area that was safe before is suddenly dangerous.
  11. Progapanda

I didn't see any pilot ask for aim assist weapons for libs or a short range buff for walker. Also didn't realize someone thought Shredder needed a buff, especially in lib v lib combat.

E: Quite sure that no pilot ever thought dumbfires were too good against lib either.
  12. WycliffSlim

You think us "flyboys" suggested these things!?!?
    Most every good lib pilot in the game is appalled at what SOE has done.

We don't WANT to be OP because that just means we'll get nerfed. SOE didn't listen to anything us "flyboys" had to say about the most recent update.

If you want to be upset at someone be upset at SOE but don't pin this on people who had nothing to do iwth it.
    • Up x 11
  13. Hoki

See this is why you disregard everything they say.

I shouldn't have to explain, but I do, except I refuse to.
    • Up x 2
  14. Tommyp2006

I've been stuck on permanent skyguard/burster max duty pretty much all day.
  15. AgentSpades

Honestly, air is a niche, whenever I dogfight or go up in the air, I always seem the same people. Whenever I die on the ground, it's usually by some random guy I will never see again. It's a hard to get in and a hard to master specialty in planetside. (Not saying other play styles aren't, however flying is far less forgiving).

However, whenever I fly a gunship with a decent crew mate, it is very hard to make a legitimate impact on the ground whenever fights get to the 48+ range. Ya, I may gun down a couple stranded tanks from time to time on the out skirts if I'm lucky, but there are way too many moving objects going on at the same time for me to be untouched any longer then around 4 seconds.

I personally feel a 3/3 gunship should have the power potential of 33% higher then vehicles meant/designed for damage dealing that utilize 2/2. It's completely expected that gunships will be ridiculous today, everyone is trying out the new stuff. However as the week goes on, the novelty will go away and things will go back to a more stable state. Until then, we should just wait to see how this pans out, if it's too ridiculous still (even though many people will argue it was always ridiculous), then SOE will make changes eventually to it.
    • Up x 1
  16. VoidMagic

lol... dodging walker + dalton is gonna be... impossible.
    There goes esf air superiority.
    New armor too... lol... o man...
    • Up x 1
  17. Eclipson

What Flyboys asked for the Lib to become the Air Superiority fighter?
  18. m44v

Well, everyone knew the liberator tailgun needed a buff, it was useless for its intended role, but I would have liked the dalton to lose it's ESF oneshot capability so it stops being a one-size-fits-all weapon.
    • Up x 5
  19. FBVanu

Really? I'm a "tankgurl" now?? And we ain't cool? Man, I wish somebody would have told me that before I started tanking..
    Can't we all just be nice to each other and try to get along?
    • Up x 1
  20. WycliffSlim

No, it wasn't. No one really asked for the changes that got put into place. Besides, Liberator aren't really much better at A2A fighting. The new tailguns are good at close to mid range but at long or against a dodging opponent they're pretty worthless. Liberators didn't really receive much of a nerf or buff(except against tank cannons) they received more of a paradigm shift.