Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Colonelveers12

Oh yes new weapons, time to test them in VR
    "We're going to be disabling the VR zones on live soon as precaution."
    Facepalm.....
  2. ScrapyardBob

You're a real funny man.

The lib buff patch hit PTS early this week, 3 days later they're pushing the changes to live. Plus the PTS server was down for most of those 3 days.

What POSSIBLE information could they have managed to pull off of PTS in 3 days of repeated downtime?
    • Up x 3
  3. JonboyX

This hasn't happened for my other characters
  4. EliteEskimo

After basically 10 months I'm just happy they finally got the rocks out of their head to point they are going to reduce the range of the AV turret instead of going "HERP DERP, NO NEED TO WORRY GUYS WE"LL JUST MAKE IT RENDER BETTER" over and over again. Believe me I know these developers really don't give a crap about tanks or else the Prowler wouldn't have been made into a lunch box with a boring ability, the Magrider wouldn't had its strafe overnerfed back when it was, and the Vanguard wouldn't have had its uber shield bugged for however many months after release. I'm still maintaining roughly a 30 KDR in my tank while playing on the front lines, although since PU2 I've had to do so with reduced performance, but I do get tired of the developers blatant biased for infantry in this game. Part of me enjoys standing out on the Battlefield, but the other part of me is disgusted by suicide C4 rush infantry, non rendering AT weapons, and the lack of turret stabilization on all tanks.
    They probably got their information for this major buff from the same source that told them to nerf the Prowler's underperforming Vulcan. I was going to make a reasonable complaint thread so this juggernaut composite armor would be brought into line, but apparently a malfunctioning test server being up for like 1-2 days was a significant enough time for feedback. What's an even bigger slap in the face was the developers ignored people's ideas to make the new kill cam only apply to the first 20 BR, you know so it would only help beginners, but nope it got implemented right of the bat in the face of massive resentment on both the forums and twitter.
    • Up x 1
  5. kaolla

i start to wonder if the "quizz" wasn't coded to pop only when logging in warpgate, but since last update we don"t load ther but on map screen there is no quizz...

for those who say the new death screen help new player, it would be true if it was limited to player up to lvl 20, and it sniper useless, how can i survive when making kill close to the 2 other faction ( close enought to got 2 prowler traveling at 5 m of me) and you can't always move where you want, let say if you have deploy en land on a small plateau, you can suicide but now move aways. it negate all idea of sneaking behind enemy line. they could just remove the Inflitrator class alltogether ( and like someine say the "hit key" to live the screen is boring as hell)
  6. Gotcha

Looks to me like Planetside 2 just turned into Libside 2. A two man Lib team can already harass a full squad, destroying every vehicle they can pull for hours. This is god mode and I will be blowing up squads with my Lib for hours now.
  7. Goldmonk

Some TR weapons (Trac-5 and LC3 Jag from what I can tell) sound different. Radar, you might have forgotten that with your patch notes.
  8. RuthlessMoose

But why make the hit box SMALLER than the actual model size. You are going to get many players complaining that a potentially killing shot went straight through them. The model of a character IS the hit box, it's a glorified "Hit me here" target...

The chances of popping heads of those behind are extremely slim and should it happen, it's very likely that the player was not 100% behind cover. Irregularities or flukes happen.

Edit: Also, a stat screen froze in-game after 20 minutes.... thanks SOE
  9. RemarkaBIL

With the exception of my Heavy Assault, I cannot use *any* class skills. No repair, no healing, no cloaking. Without these or any of the defensive skills that I purchased (because they're bugged now too) I am left with no valuable role on the battlefield other than meatshield. This effectively removes anything about gameplay which makes it unique.

As a paying member, I would dearly love an SOE-backed response as to when I can expect this to be rectified. I am not interested in some throw away trinket to make me feel better. I am interested in an honest apology for failing to thoroughly test a patch before release. I am not deluded enough to expect a change in protocol as a result of this. I understand RadarX is simply the gatekeeper. I appreciate that there are developers that are trying their hardest to make Planetside 2 the best it can be. But pushing out patches to instill a sense that the customers are more than a revenue source is becoming a badly maintained illusion. We like your product and are willing to pay for it - but only if it works and there is open and honest communication between the community and the developers.
    • Up x 2
  10. ManicUndies

There shouldn't be a compromise. So what, you get killed and your character has an out-of-body experience wherein they get a chance to figure out the general direction they got killed from? What sense does that make? It serves one purpose, and one purpose only, make the game easier for new players. However, it has the side-effect of hurting experienced players.

It seems like every patch they've been trying to cater to gaining newer members by making the game more casual. No doubt it's because of the free-to-play model that requires large volumes of fresh players buying items they don't know too much about just to escape the dreadedness of stock setups.

News flash SOE, how about you figure out a way to keep your existing customer base? Instead you decide to push out patches with little to know apparent planning, ignore feedback from the community, and provide horrible quality control. Seriously, how can you have that OMFG update and then progressively make performance worse with each subsequent patch? Did you forget everything you did then? Or are you just too focused on pushing out depot content to give a damn about whether or not you're breaking the game?
    • Up x 2
  11. BARBAK

You Want a lib fest - no prolem
    Bug corrected - fine
    BUT:

• A minimap displaying the killer’s relative position to yours. The killer’s position will only be revealed if the killer was previously spotted. In the case where the killer was not spotted, only the general direction of the killer will be shown. (Please note: You are still really dead)
    o_O WHAT ??? a killcam ?
    WHY ?!
    Did community asked for some nub stuff like that, really?
    worst idea ever...
    • Up x 1
  12. Keyski

They should drop, and randomly rotate in X, Y and Z.
    • Up x 1
  13. ARIES666

Honestly, i tried...sorry. This death screen minimap...no i'm sorry i can't play anymore. Suppressors useless, stealth tactic become useless, sniping useless, ops useless. Soe what are you doing? You making planetside 2 another "room shooter", we don't like what are you doing.
    • Up x 3
  14. Joorald

IT'S NOT A BLEEDIN' KILLCAM!
    It is a kill map, if the person who murdered you isn't spotted, it will show an expanding cone towards their direction, if the person was spotted, then the map will display a flashing dot and a line to your corpse from the moment of your death, a killcam pans away from your body and tracks the person who killed you until you're brought to the respawn screen!
    Two entirely different concepts!
  15. Joorald

*edit* This does not entirely interfere with stealth gameplay, it gives players a little less frustration when they are seemingly "killed outta nowhere" and allows new players to process information a little easier, yes it may impact stealth gameplay because people who will seek revenge WILL go and check that are, but stealth also means not being in the same place all the time, a good infiltrator will have already moved from an enemies corpse before his buddies get to him so that they can't track him down all the way.and even then, so long as you remain un-spotted, you can stay hidden, possibly become even more of a distraction than you were before.
    Crap, wrong button, oh well
  16. PanzerGhost

I'm really concerned about this lib update. There are very few good Reaver pilots in general, but the Connery server feels like it has the least good Reaver and lib pilots for the NC. Now maybe I come in at the wrong time of day, not sure. But whenever I get into the server, VS libs are often uncontested for a good 1-2 hours, per lib team, just farming where ever they please, no joke. Obviously VS libs have back up (3-4 Sythes), and leave for repairs if Anti-air fire from flak cannons gets too strong. That's just it though, damage to libs comes from the ground, not the air. And on top of that, I rarely see libs actually die, whether from ground fire or in a Reaver myself. And whenever an enemy lib does die its almost always from maxes, Infantry lock on missiles and flak cannons.

No NC air units are killing other libs, unless the Libs are yoloying.

Now this Liberator update comes through, only to make what? Immune to Ground-to-Air damage? What options or load outs, if any, do Reavers, Sythes or Mosquitoes have to reduce the all controlling Liberator farmers? :(

Please understand my experience of course is limited, but it would seem the Reaver's Air-Air options are not able to counter libs fully maxed out, via, changing your load out that makes you stronger at sniping Libs while making you weaker against Sythes and Mosquitoes.

To Kill Liberators Air-to-Air:
    • Reaver Hornet missiles (follows crosshair, crosshair must stay on lib the whole time to hit, or any target for that matter)
      • Requires 8-9 rockets? (only going from memory) @ 1,800dmg per rocket.
      • Fires 2 rockets per magazine
    • Reaver Tomcat missiles (requires lock on)
      • 10-12 rockets? not sure on this one, very little testing in VR
      • Fires 1 rocket per magazine
      • Lock on time + reload = very long time until lib is dead, you will most likely die from the lib
    • Reaver Coyote Missiles (dumb fired, but will lock on to enemy fire if they get close enough, inflicting light damage)
      • Requires 24-36 rockets? you have to spend round 5-6 magazines worth of rockets, depending on Lib health
      • Fires 6 rockets per magazine, can be fired all at once.
      • High firerate
    As you can see, Air-to-Air options for suppressing Liberators that aren't yoloing is at a ridiculously low level. If you ever actually commit to killing one you will die to Sythes or Mosquitoes very quickly or die to the Lib istelf. Most of the damage or team assistance came from infantry, but now this new patch makes Liberators much stronger against ground and air, with composite armor, and improved weapons even against other air units. And the increased ability to fly even faster by equipping the Racer Airframe.

So yeah, not sure I see the logic in this buff to Libs. But I guess Farming is a gaming feature of Planetside 2 and not a balance issue.
    • Up x 3
  17. ColMout

ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU JUST SHUT DOWN THE SERVER AT 3min FROM THE END OF THE ALERT?!!!!
  18. shpark

bugs bugs bugs :(
  19. MrEdweird

While I do not agree that any sort of killcam type of feature should be present in the game, I have also noticed most you complaining gentlemen seem to have ignored that the notes say that its only if they are SPOTTED.

aka somebody already knows where they are, most likely you.
  20. PanzerGhost