TRAP M-1 The so much hated weapon gameplay review by HOFF!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by senjihenji, Mar 11, 2014.

1. MrMurdok

Ahem... http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=7365

The TRAP is a fun gun in a sense that it 'feels' like something new while basically being a battle rifle on steroids. Sure, the sound/look is beyond awesome, but performance wise, I can tell you that I've been getting much better results with the Vandal while doing the same thing. There's something about the TRAP's hit detection that feels kinda wonky, I had to lower my graphic setting in order to squeeze out a couple more frames per second, because if you don't SNAP-AIM-TRIGGER-TRIGGER-TRIGGER with the TRAP, you're gonna lose. In that sense, the SOAS-20, HSR-1 and Vandal are much more forgiving.
  2. Echo_Sniper

The strength of the TRAP lies within its versatility rather than raw stats.
  3. senjihenji

Look I can indeed agree that its not the best weapon in the infiltrator arsenal regarding the time to kill a target but as I told everyone else ,the fact that is different makes it so special.Why should I play SOAS when I can play with my heavy assault?Regarding the vandal ,yes I like it ,I like it very much ,but its simply easy mode compared to the TRAP :/
  4. TekDragon84

Well, I don't know about you guys, but a kill highlight video of a bunch of BR 1-25's with absolutely zero weapon stat analysis or comparison has me completely convinced.

I can make a video just like this using the Repeater. Recording yourself killing sub BR 25's while their backs are turned is hardly a convincing argument for any weapon.
  5. senjihenji

Haha so your the guy posting nice comments in my video ,nice nice .I'll also post you my reply here than.
    YOU :Is there a single kill in this video of someone over BR 30? This is a joke.
    ME:at 0:17 ,0:24 ,0:31,0:34,0:43,0:57 ....so this is only in the first minute .I'll eat you for breakfast little troll!nom nom nom
    Also I already sed that I'm not making weapon reviews or comparisons.If you wana watch something like that there are planty of other youtube channels .Be free to put unlike on my video tho.Thanks for watching!
  6. TekDragon84

You're missing the point that 95% of the kills were against sub BR 30's.

Since you want to be obtuse, let's get specific:

Out of the 100+ kills in this video, how many kills did you capture of a BF30+ who was shooting you?
  7. Geneaux

Devs have already displayed their "disposition" on nerfing inherently weak weapons.

*cough* FRACTURES! *cough*

So you're one of those guys...

[IMG]
  8. Niller

It should only be allowed to have long range scopes, and then lowered recoil a lot + more damage. The it would be the perfect weapon for me.
  9. TommyXXL

most of the kills in the video could have been done even with the 99sv. trap is ****, decent at everything, good at nothing.
  10. senjihenji

I'll ansler it like that,how often do you face BRs90+ playing with infiltrator and shooting at you???I mean isnt it the whole poin at infiltrator spot the enemy first and shoot them down?Isnt it the whole point of the SMG play for example going behind the enemy and kill them ?Your argument is meaningless yet again.If you have a footage of killing enemies for about 7 min (in streaks) and not encounter a single BR less than 30 pls share with us.
  11. senjihenji

Ty for your constructive and well build opinion!
  12. TheRunDown

Trolls or not.. you shouldn't be judging a person by KD..
    My KD at one stage was 0.90 because I actually had some fun with my outfit, which caused a lot of suicides, Team kills and kamikaze deaths added to my KD..

Judging a person by his KD, would suggest your not a PlanetSide/r and are playing for Scoreboard, which is ruining PlanetSide.

Most TR on PlanetSide 1 had really bad KD, simple because the MCG fell short against most other weapons, but a lot of low KD players were more than capable at killing numbers of people, and taking bases when out numbered.

I find it disgusting to have player in game sending me a Tell because he didn't like how I killed him, only to find out he or she has 6 or 10 KD because all they do all day is Snipe or sit in a MAX suit. KD Means nothing, other than numbers on a board.

ALL of the top 10 players are ESF farmers. <- Fact. (or Bio Farmers)
    • Up x 1
  13. senjihenji

You are absolutley right I never had to reply to him at first place.Point taken!
  14. GhostAvatar

I thought you was done discussing this with me? But let me get this straight, its a good weapon because it isnt easy to use? And to answer your question, the majority of my kills on the SOAS-20 have been in the last month (which is about 400 kills). So yeah, I do use it quite often for someone who only play 11% of their time as a inf.
  15. senjihenji

Hahaha dont twist my words .What I wana say is that this weapon requires a bit more skill ,at least in my opinion.And thats what I like ,a simple challenge.