Liberators "Not" OP

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BrokenMirror, Mar 11, 2014.

1. EliteEskimo

This is with Max composite armor correct? Just want to make sure before I make a thread:)
  2. Gundem

Yes, this is with max.

But, why you complaining? Most Libs are going to still take NAR, it's cheaper and more versatile.
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

I can't even aim at Libs in my magrider with "stable main cannon".
  4. Gundem

I'd be fine with attacking from directly above, except for the fact that the TB has a 50 meter optimal range, and to try and attack from directly above is kinda suicide.
  5. Gundem

The funny thing is that a good 65% of the points there are appendages of previous points(See:Can Snipe ESF; Can one Shot ESF; Can kill ESF beyond render, or Can Kill Galaxy in 20 seconds; instakill galaxy).
  6. EliteEskimo

Because good liberator teams are already a menace to ground vehicles, which is fine, but if they mess up and try to tank bust me while being in my LOS I can take then down. There's no way I can defend myself from a Max Armor TB liberator now, and they can literally just race rush me now. 9 Prowler HEAT Rounds? Are you kidding me it's a MBT shooting an air craft! Plus think about the Alpha Strike Power of an AP Vanguard, and yet it has to hit a Liberator 4 times? A 60% increase for a vehicle that can Tank Buster me to death in less time than it takes to undeploy :eek:

The point is Bad liberator pilots can now face rush my tank with much less risk. The amount of shells I need to hit them with now goes up more than double.
    • Up x 2
  7. Gundem

Trust me, I completely understand your point. But from my perspective(Aka, the Pilot's perspective), Tanks have had it way to easy to hit Liberators. I don't know if it was a bad case of Latency, but sometimes I get hit by MBT's and I just think to myself, "What the flying ****, that was impossible". But then I know it was possible, because I get hit again because Anchormode reload speed is a death sentance to Lib's who tried to engage Prowlers.

Personally, I would have rather seen the Vanguard and Prowler's turret elevation brought down to Magrider levels. The Magrider already has to deal with the increased required shots to kill, and you don't see us complaining. But then, for some reason, whenever someone mentions doing the same to the Prowler/Vanguards all you hear is complaints about how "Air is the greatest threat to the Vanguard", or whatever. As is air is less threatening to us Magriders o_O

Don't you at all find it strange that there are less montages of Libs killing tanks then there are Vanguards shooting down aircraft?
  8. EliteEskimo

Tanks have not have not had it easy to hit moving Liberators which are moving fast and engaging air targets high above them. Tanks have a good time when Liberators are flying low and slow, usually trying to Tank Bust, or are being stupid and not trying to kill a tank by being directly above it and fly within the tanks easily fly aboved turret level. All this does is make the bad liberators pilots inevitable death a little longer, while maybe taking me out in the process since I don't have time to hit them 9 TIMES, while at the same time making good liberator pilots who were already very challenging to take out Air Demi-Gods. If the Tank Buster wasn't a 1/3 Liberator weapon I wouldn't have as big of an issue with this, but this is a weapon in the hands of a pilot. MBT's cost 450 resources, and while I don't mind getting outmatched and losing those resources to a good pilot I'm going to be extremely angry at 1/3 garbage/average pilots being able to TB for the mere fact I don't have time to react to them and then land 9 consecutive HEAT rounds on them before they get to me.

This is complete and utter bull crap and if you completely understand my point, which is coming from over 350 hours of tanking, then you know this resistance to MBT HEAT/AP shells is absolute ludicrous. It's even a bigger concern because the developers have shown they really don't give a crap about MBT gameplay very much, and this resistance change won't have a very big impact on infantry meaning if implemented this could be in game a very long time like the accursed AV turret.
    • Up x 2
  9. Gundem

I do understand, which is why I'd rather see their max angle reduced to magrider levels rather then make actual hits meaningless.

Also, if we are suppsed to get hit when we want to TB people why is the TB an actual weapon?

I'd love a system where your AA deterrence was dependent on your Secondary gunner. The current MBT main guns are a pain in the *** to balance(Either OP as they currently are, or useless with the new Composite), but due to the damage levels of the Secondary's they wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying. The secondary gunners would actually have a faster TTK to a Liberator hovering above, but wouldn't possess anywhere near the range or the "Oh @*#$, half my HP is gone!" part about MBT guns. Plus, it would encourage 2/2 MBT's, and punish those who go solo. Or, those who wish to go solo have to make the choice of seat swapping and leaving their butts vulnerable, or losing AA power and try to dodge.
  10. Revanmug

Might be dumb but...

Longshot:
    -0.855 chamber time
    -5.575 long reload
    -4.72 short reload
    - 5 rounds mag

You chamber 4 time per mag. The fifth is done by the actual long reload. First mag already loaded. Require 9 mag to kill 45 people.

75.38 sec require to actually kill 45 people. That's not really close to your "just over 60 sec."

In this, we are assuming the infiltrator:
    -Has an ammo box next to him. Easy.
    -Is on the target and ready to fire between every chamber/reload for 45 kills. Already doubtful but "possible."
    -Is never really moving for as he got to be ready to fire as soon as the reload is done. Possible. Lots of dumb zerg.
    -Has access to a straight pull attachment that hasn't hit live yet and never has to make the in and out scope animation which is a flat increase to a bolt action rof. Impossible as of now.
    -Is killing 45 person in 75sec with hip fire... Yeah... No.

So yeah... Your example is just straight up impossible.
  11. EliteEskimo

The AA secondaries on MBT are a dam joke and there isn't a real reason to pull them until we can change loadouts without spawning a new tank or else you leave yourself at a much bigger disadvantage against other tanks and they are bad for killing infantry too. The AA secondaries annoy good pilots to the point so they'll fly off and repair just to come back to kill you, or kill bad pilots in which case I can take them down with my main gun. Until they make the AA guns also decent against AI and make it so when air is gone I don't have to spend another 450 resources to spawn a tank sacrificing you secondary to be a deterrent isn't worth it. Liberator pilots on QRY, TGWW, and NNG are already really dam hard liberator pilots to kill with a tank, this just makes the situation against them completely hopeless.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gundem

I meant being able to use your AV secondaries. The Dedicated AA secondaries would be far superior, obviously.
  13. EliteEskimo

The amount of pilot QQ it would cause would make it impossible to implement.. Pilots who spend like 200 + hours will probably say I'm cheese killing them out of the sky. Again, a big concern is if this makes it to live the developers have shown time and time again they care little for MBT gameplay at all which could mean frustrating gameplay for any tankers on Mattherson where there are really good liberator crews.
    • Up x 2
  14. Alarox

Yeah.

5000 / (damage * 0.6) = number of shots

That should be the correct math. Liberators have 5000 health. Liberators will have 10% base resistance to AP and HEAT, with another 30% from composite, so 60% damage taken.

-------------

If you want to compare the current and new damage against Liberators, then take this into account with the formula above:

Current
    Heat: 133% (1.33)
    AP: 120% (1.2)

New
    HEAT: 90% (0.9)
    AP: 90% (0.9)

This is actually significant even without composite. Take my Vanguard for example. It will take 2 AP shots + 6 Enforcer shots (not including Fire Suppression) to kill a Liberator after this update. Effectively, this means I'll need to get 3 AP shots in rather than 2, and that my gunner is probably going to be useless when defending against a diving Liberator.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

Maybe they should also give all ground units a 60% resistance increase to Lib weapons ;)
  16. EliteEskimo

I can see it now, Heavy Assaults taking a Dalton round to chest and laughing it off before firing a lock on rocket.:rolleyes:
  17. HadesR

Yeah has to be a lock on ( with it's increased lock on time ) since they nerfed Dumbfire DMG :rolleyes: ...

So many silly changes it's scary ..
  18. BrokenMirror

The Dalton itself doesn't deal damage outside render, however, the splash still does damage. (Which is how you deal damage through spawnshields) The damage is still being delt from the splash because the Dalton shell doesn't despawn, and the splash for whatever reason isn't calculated from what your rendering, but the enemy (I have actually shot through the spawnshield, Can do it with any gun with good splash, just gotta go out until it doesn't render)

The lib sticking daltons thru the shield is cheesy, you land on the shield, and the Dalton shot spawns inside the shield instead of hitting it, its a bit cheesy.

And by Farm a sunderer, I mean kill the infantry WHILE dealing significant damage to the sunderer. Tanks can either effectively kill the sundy (AP rounds) or effectively kill infantry ( HE) But the HEAT is Substandard at both compared to the Sheer Versitility of the Dalton.
  19. Goden

How the hell does SOE even consider that remotely balanced?

That is absolutely unacceptable. What the hell are you doing, SOE?
  20. EliteEskimo

Obviously not playing with tanks. Of course this should be blatantly apparent with the them letting the AV turret ruin open field battles for like 10 months straight, nerving the Vulcan on the Prowler which was already underperforming, over nerfing Magrider Strafe, and letting the Vanguard shield be buggy for several months after it was released. I'm going to have to go on a whole new Rampage on this because if it goes live the developers will probably leave it like this since it doesn't effect infantry gameplay. Actually I take that back, anyone who cares about Ground vehicle gameplay needs to let the developers know of this. I'll probably make a reddit thread about this tomorrow.